September 1, 2014 | 1131 users online

Liquid - Burberry - Velvet Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by louloualgosaibi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am in loooooove, I used to use the Estée Lauder double wear which is probably my all time favourite holy grail foundation but this one comes a good close second. I love the fact that it doesn't contain SPF, whereas the double wear does, so I don't get that white flash back. The coverage and finish is perfect, however make sure you moisturise and prime before hand and let that sat for a good 10 minutes before applying your foundation. Great product for my combination skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by katlovesbeauty218

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is allright but I woudn't repurchase it.
PROs:
-it has full coverage
-it is oil free
- the packaging is lovely

CONs:
- it doesn't stay on more than 4 hours without getting oily around the nose area
- it is quite expensive
- it settles in dry paches on your Skin and enhances them in a negative way
- it has the most annoying smell ever! I usually don't mind a little scent to my foundations (chanel vitalumiere Aqua, armani Lasting silk) or burberry products at all, which tend to smell really strong but this one is just terrible (it is very sweet and just weird !), and the smell stays a really long time.
- the colour range of this foundation isn't very good especially for lighter skins.

after all I think, that this foundation might be nice for People, who don`t mind the typical burberry smell, who dont have oily Skin, or dry paches and have quite a dark skin colour.

Hope you found this helpful xx

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by misslizzybee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This may very well be my permanent foundation. I like to try new ones, but I am so in love with this. The coverage is amazing, its so lightweight, and is perfect for my combination skin. I am the lightest shade (fairest of them all, as the Burberry lady said) and it is perfect for me. I used Dior airflash before this, and loved it, but the Burberry lasts way better during my work day. I love the luxe packaging, and the price is high, but seems worth it. Cheaper than airflash tho.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by ellyforever

Apart from how expensive it is, this foundation works some serious wonders. Yes it's 55 dollars in America, but looks so unbelievably perfect. I have very acne prone skin and I don't exactly like to use a a whole bunch of products on my face. I'm a minimalist. so I don't like Tobias three different concealer a highlighter and allvthat other crap that just makes your skin look worse. this foundation is semi Matt. so you don't need to use a powder with it but it's not so dry that it makes you look like you have a cake on your face. its can be either very sheer or very full coverage. but no matter how much you put on you will not look cake faced. its pretty good at controlling oils. the packaging is great. it's very sophisticated and the cap has a little snap and go lock feature that prevents the makeup from spilling even if the cap is off. its also anti bacterial so because of the pump there is no way to get anything into the makeup. over all I'd say it's my favorite foundation and I've tried just about everything. I would buy this again if the opportunity arose, the only thing I don't like is the price. but it's worth it. hope this helped.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by jewelmeow

i dont understand why this foundation is so underrated! oily/combo skin girls, this is your high end best friend!!!! the sheer foundation oiled me up and did not last at all which was a bummer coz of the luxe packaging and the divine lightness on my face - but im so glad i gave the mat velvet a try!!! i love this so so much!!!! this foundation gives medium coverage and does not oxidize at all throughout the day, it also has some oil controlling properties that reduced the number of times i had to blot my face. the formula is terrific, and i love the scent too - it smells very sophisticated but not the classic old woman expensive makeup scent that overwhelms your nose. it feels so light on my skin - and can i please talk about the packaging - hands down best foundation packaging i have come across all high end brands. this is perhaps the most high quality, expensive looking packaging with a fool proof pump. the bottle looks heavy duty but it's not at all coz it's actually made of plastic - but it looks like glass. this is so travel friendly in terms of how easy it is to travel with and the longlasting wear it offers. very comparable to estee lauder double wear in terms of longevity, plus my face feels like a million dollars putting this foundation on. did not break me out, and kept me in a good mood all day long because of the light lingering scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by guitargirlsings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

First of all, I was lucky enough to get a sample of this product. So, I don't have to return this particular product. This is also why I rated the packaging the way I did. I can't comment as to how the Burberry pump system would work for me long term.

Days 1-4, I really liked this product and how it wore in my t-zone, where I am oily. (I used the Burberry Sheer foundation on my cheeks.) It didn't oxidize and was still there at the end of the day. It was days 5 & 6 that the Rosacea papules and pustules appeared on my skin. (I have type 2 Rosacea.) This was the only change in my beauty routine.

Perhaps Burberry is trying to get me to use more foundation? (I still have some of the sample remaining; so, it's not as though I was putting gobs on my face.) Alas, I prefer skin that looks like skin and foundation products to wash over any imperfections rather than causing more imperfections.

Not surprisingly, I have stopped using this product and don't plan on purchasing this or the Burberry Sheer foundation. If you have sensitive skin and/or Rosacea (whatever you want to call it), I recommend you avoid this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by trishz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this is a wonderful foundation. It does dry quickly, but I use it with a wet beautyblender and it looks great. I am highly impressed with it's staying power, I don't need primer (or powder but I never use powder) and it stays allllllll day long! I had been wearing ysl touché éclat foundation and touching up everyday when I go home for lunch, but no need for that anymore! The finish is obviously way different from the touché éclat, but it is beautiful and natural. My skin is a little drier than usual because I just bumped up my tretinoin cream prescription, and it's not drawing extra attention to the dry parts.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Bought this after trying it at the Burberry shop in Chicago, where the SA was apparently having a meltdown (?) so the baffled, but incredibly kind, security guard helped me out. :D

Unfortunately, this stuff just did not work in anything other than the high-key light inside the store. In natural light, it goes dry and cakey on any tiny spot that isn't absolutely moisturized. I wear a thick sunscreen so this kind of helps with the chalkiness, but if I go sunscreen-less it's just a mess. Over my sunscreen (Bioderma milk or Chanel UV Essentiel), however, it never sets. So I have to choose between slightly chalky and transferring or dry and lifeless. Even in the summer, when I'm not quite as dry as usual, it just looks blah. I kept my samples to mix with moisturizer as an experiment, but the big bottle went back.

If you're oily and don't wear a separate moisturizing ss, this might be great for you. I love how it applies, really silky and easy to blend. The lightest shade was a little too yellow and a little too dark for me (I'm an N15-NC15 in the summer, or when I fake tan - this would never work in winter because I get a whole lot pinker and a whole lot paler then).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by lemon_tree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this for the summertime. I have normal/dry skin, and the formula is pretty thick so it seems to work best on me when it's hot out and my face is naturally a bit dewy. The long last formula works great. I use just the tiniest bit, I mean tiny, to get a thin layer on my face, and the coverage is good enough to cover redness on my cheeks. Like all my foundations, I don't use it all over my face, I put it where I need it to even out my skintone. The finish is matte when I first put it on, then becomes a satin-y finish as the day goes on. It never looks oily, just glowy, with no sparkles. Doesn't feel heavy on the skin. I love it! It smells like roses and I don't mind the scent. Wish it was unscented but hey. I'm going to try this in winter. I have a feeling on my normal/dry skin it will highlight dry patches but I might try mixing it with moisturizer, or using a primer first.
Packaging is the best I've ever seen. First off, it just looks awesome. Very different from typical foundation bottles, and possibly the reason I have attracted to it in the first place....? Ahem, anyway. More importantly, the packaging WORKS GREAT. The pump mechanism is amazing, you have so much control over how much product comes out. It's annoying when you press and too much squirts out. I LOVE how you can control the amount with this pump, down to the teeniest amount. Nice job burberry for not skimping on the packaging! The bottle is heavy luxurious plastic (if plastic can feel luxurious lol) which is great for durability and travel. Oh and the pump also locks, which is so smart.
Love this foundation and will definitely buy again. My only fear now is that they will change the formula or discontinue it or something before I need a new bottle. Hopefully they won't mess with a good thing. They really need to expand to have counters in more stores so people can swatch and shade match. They're physically only in NYC last I heard.
Oh and the SA suckered me into buying the skin glow or whatever their primer is. I knew I shouldn't have gotten it, you can see the sparkles in the bottle and I stay away from sparkly things for all-over-face things. I got it, and it worked ok the first few times, didn't look terrible. But I tried it again yesterday and it pilled! Just rubbed off my face in little clumps. Yuck. I did shake the bottle before using it. So the primer was a bust, for me. But I like the velvet foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by buttons723

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I soo wanted to love this foundation formula but it wasn't long-wearing like they claimed. The color 203 matched my nc25-30 skin tone perfectly and the color didn't oxidize very much. The finish is beautiful, especially if you have very oily skin as it isn't completely flat, but its not luminous either. the packaging is chic and pretty and I love the pump. Ultimately I returned it because it doesn't last as long as my ELDW and for the $54 price tag I didn't see the point in keeping it since it lasted about 5-6 hours on me where my dw lasts ~12. I enjoyed the scent of the product (sort of like baby powder) but it was a little strong to me. This would probably be perfect with someone who has combo-oily skin.