February 1, 2015 | 1801 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Studio 3-in-1 Mascara (Lengthen, Define & Volumize)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2015 3:29:00 AM More reviews by msyu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I wanted to try a mascara with a ball on the end and this one was cheap enough for me to try without spending too much money. I found the ball to be a little annoying maybe because I'm so used to a regular straight wand. I'm glad I was able to try it and decide I didn't like this kind of wand for so little money. The formula is decent though, and wears well for a non-waterproof.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2015 2:26:00 AM More reviews by LauraA001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This wand is fantastic - you can reach every single lash, without clumps. The mascara gives length and definition while the formulation is long-lasting: no flakes, under eye transfer, or smudging with 12+ hour wear. I only need ONE coat for daily wear and it truly makes my eyes pop. My lashes feel soft and silky with this mascara on, and it looks like I suffer from amazing eye lash genes - long, silky, natural. Truly, good stuff. I read some reviewers complaining about how their lashes felt after application (?) - perhaps if you applied three or more coats you might have so much product on your lashes that it would be distracting, but I'm pretty choosy about mascaras and have not run into this issue. I'm so impressed with this product (not to mention the price point of $3 - or less, if you purchase directly from E.L.F's web site!) that it's a definite re-purchase for me. In fact, I like it so much that I'll re-order multiples to make certain I never run out, and always have a fresh replacement on hand.

The matte black packaging is sleek and modern, and conveys the same feel and branding as all of ELF's Studio line. The silicone applicator wand seems both functional and sturdy, and it's unique design allows you to reach and coat every lash, even the finest, smallest lashes in the corners, evenly. There is no discernible odor or fragrance, and despite it being a very long wearing product, it comes off easily with a facial wipe or cleanser and water.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

What first drew me to this mascara is the spiked ball at the end of the mascara brush ( and wand.) This brush can be used to seperate the lashes, and the spike can be used to reach the lower lashes of the eye, lift the upper lashes,as well as the inner and outer corner of the lashes wich can be hard to reach. Since the formula is wet I recommend gently grazing the spike on the opening to remove excess and apply to the bottom lashes and give the rim of the waterline a slightly eyelined look. The base of the spike doesn't bend wich can give more control,but the steadiness this base has is better for unsteady hands. Even though this is a wet formula it is easy to wash off.
Although,not exactly the same,two other Mascaras by l'oreal have a similiar spike. I believe they are under the 'telescopic' name,and the red one is waterproof. The spikes are smaller though wich means they may reach less area but also smudge less.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by JerzeyBella

This is a great mascara especially for the low price of $3! It definitely made my lashes longer and more defined, and was also long lasting. It was easy to apply and I love the wand! The only thing I would say is that it could make my lashes a little bit fuller but for $3 it's a steal! I would definitely purchase this again especially when I'm low on funds and can't afford my go to "They're Real" Benefit mascara which can be a bit pricey. I honestly didn't have very high hopes for this mascara but it proved me wrong!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by rollerskate

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the ONLY mascara I can stand after getting addicted to fiber mascaras (which are almost impossible to find now days). What I love about this: the definition, length, and volume is very close to what I could get out of a fiber mascara doesn't smear or flake IN FLORIDA SUMMER WEATHER even though it's not a waterproof formula because it's not a waterproof formula, it's easy to remove and doesn't cause lashes to break or fall out even though there's no vitamins in the ingredients, my lashes actually seem to be healthier than they normally are with mascara use (which attests to its gentle removal and protective properties) lashes aren't too stiff, not completely natural feeling but not nearly as stiff as many other mascaras have made them pigment rich black formula really make my lashes stand out formula is a good balance between thick enough to build volume and thin enough that it's not likely to clump unless you REALLY pack it on drying time is good as well, doesn't dry so fast it promotes clumps between layers but doesn't stay wet for so long I end up with mascara below my eyes applicator allows absolute precision... I never end up with more on some lashes than others unintentionally, never have problems building small areas more than other surrounding areas, and I'm not very likely to end up with mascara on my lids volume and length is completely under my control... I can do a more natural look or more dramatic one what I don't like: the top lid of the bottle which knocks off excess product from the brush sometimes separates from the top of the bottle when I pull the brush out I know this mascara hasn't been getting the best reviews, but I think it's mostly because people are so accustomed to foolproof designs. This is not one of them... it's definitely designed for professional usage, and it takes some practice to get it right. Once you do though, and especially if you have uneven lashes like I do that a curler won't fix, you'll really appreciate it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love ELF products, but not this one. It didn't add any volume, length was so-so, and it made my lashes stiff. My eyes felt irritated all day, so maybe a bit flaked under my contact lenses. I'll try the higher-rated mineral infused version, but this one is getting filed in the round can.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by SocialBeach

It's okay not much volume

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by hendersobe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is great for the price. It stays on all day. It doesn't add much volume, but it separates and lengthens beautifully. The shape of the wand is very helpful once you get used to it. It has a ball at the end that is great for getting the smaller lashes at the bottom and in the corners.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by kaitlynndiane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The wand is strange, but helpful, once you get used to the way it is shaped. It stays on all day and does not flake. It doesn't create much volume, but does define and lengthen very well. I've read reviews where it is hard to remove, but that wasn't the case for me. It came off when I washed my face, just like all my other mascaras do. There are so many complaints about this mascara, and it isn't the best I've ever used, but the quality is exceptional for the price ($3!). I use it when I run out of my regular mascara and am too broke to buy my favorite lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by IndustryKoda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the wand. It gets the corner lashes as well as getting right to the root of my lashes. Does very well at separating them.
It does what it says, although my lashes are rather long to start with. I dont try and tease more length as it will only result in lines on my glasses. Volumizing is not always meant the same as thickening, especially in mascara. It is also a jet black , which I appreciate.