October 31, 2014 | 752 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Studio 3-in-1 Mascara (Lengthen, Define & Volumize)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

What first drew me to this mascara is the spiked ball at the end of the mascara brush ( and wand.) This brush can be used to seperate the lashes, and the spike can be used to reach the lower lashes of the eye, lift the upper lashes,as well as the inner and outer corner of the lashes wich can be hard to reach. Since the formula is wet I recommend gently grazing the spike on the opening to remove excess and apply to the bottom lashes and give the rim of the waterline a slightly eyelined look. The base of the spike doesn't bend wich can give more control,but the steadiness this base has is better for unsteady hands. Even though this is a wet formula it is easy to wash off.
Although,not exactly the same,two other Mascaras by l'oreal have a similiar spike. I believe they are under the 'telescopic' name,and the red one is waterproof. The spikes are smaller though wich means they may reach less area but also smudge less.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by JerzeyBella

This is a great mascara especially for the low price of $3! It definitely made my lashes longer and more defined, and was also long lasting. It was easy to apply and I love the wand! The only thing I would say is that it could make my lashes a little bit fuller but for $3 it's a steal! I would definitely purchase this again especially when I'm low on funds and can't afford my go to "They're Real" Benefit mascara which can be a bit pricey. I honestly didn't have very high hopes for this mascara but it proved me wrong!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by rollerskate

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the ONLY mascara I can stand after getting addicted to fiber mascaras (which are almost impossible to find now days). What I love about this: the definition, length, and volume is very close to what I could get out of a fiber mascara doesn't smear or flake IN FLORIDA SUMMER WEATHER even though it's not a waterproof formula because it's not a waterproof formula, it's easy to remove and doesn't cause lashes to break or fall out even though there's no vitamins in the ingredients, my lashes actually seem to be healthier than they normally are with mascara use (which attests to its gentle removal and protective properties) lashes aren't too stiff, not completely natural feeling but not nearly as stiff as many other mascaras have made them pigment rich black formula really make my lashes stand out formula is a good balance between thick enough to build volume and thin enough that it's not likely to clump unless you REALLY pack it on drying time is good as well, doesn't dry so fast it promotes clumps between layers but doesn't stay wet for so long I end up with mascara below my eyes applicator allows absolute precision... I never end up with more on some lashes than others unintentionally, never have problems building small areas more than other surrounding areas, and I'm not very likely to end up with mascara on my lids volume and length is completely under my control... I can do a more natural look or more dramatic one what I don't like: the top lid of the bottle which knocks off excess product from the brush sometimes separates from the top of the bottle when I pull the brush out I know this mascara hasn't been getting the best reviews, but I think it's mostly because people are so accustomed to foolproof designs. This is not one of them... it's definitely designed for professional usage, and it takes some practice to get it right. Once you do though, and especially if you have uneven lashes like I do that a curler won't fix, you'll really appreciate it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love ELF products, but not this one. It didn't add any volume, length was so-so, and it made my lashes stiff. My eyes felt irritated all day, so maybe a bit flaked under my contact lenses. I'll try the higher-rated mineral infused version, but this one is getting filed in the round can.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by SocialBeach

It's okay not much volume

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by hendersobe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is great for the price. It stays on all day. It doesn't add much volume, but it separates and lengthens beautifully. The shape of the wand is very helpful once you get used to it. It has a ball at the end that is great for getting the smaller lashes at the bottom and in the corners.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by kaitlynndiane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The wand is strange, but helpful, once you get used to the way it is shaped. It stays on all day and does not flake. It doesn't create much volume, but does define and lengthen very well. I've read reviews where it is hard to remove, but that wasn't the case for me. It came off when I washed my face, just like all my other mascaras do. There are so many complaints about this mascara, and it isn't the best I've ever used, but the quality is exceptional for the price ($3!). I use it when I run out of my regular mascara and am too broke to buy my favorite lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by IndustryKoda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the wand. It gets the corner lashes as well as getting right to the root of my lashes. Does very well at separating them.
It does what it says, although my lashes are rather long to start with. I dont try and tease more length as it will only result in lines on my glasses. Volumizing is not always meant the same as thickening, especially in mascara. It is also a jet black , which I appreciate.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by goddessofthegalaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara as a temporary replacement because I had run out that morning and needed to slap some eye make up on During my lunch at work to look somewhat alive and I was amazed! The brush seems stiff so it was a bit intimidating but this mascara is a classic case of not judging a book by its cover. Not only did it lengthen but it separated and fanned out my lashes it was amazing! It looked like I had on false lashes. It does dry fast so try to apply it evenly and build up as much as you can before you let your lashes dry completely otherwise you'll end up with spider lashes and flaking. For only $3 it was one of my favorite Mascaras for a long time, I bought a few tubes. It's a great mascara for a gal on a budget. If you are looking for volume and natural looking lashes this isn't for that purpose. It definitely lengthens and separates lashes and the formula is super pigmented. It was easy to roe as well with just soap and water so that's a plus for me. This is a great mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by mello_74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Only thing good was the price.
No length at all.
Definitely no volume.
I just had short little sticks on my eyes. Oh wait, I have those without mascara. ugh.
Plus it made my lashes break off & it was hard to remove.
Thank goodness it was only $3. Although I wish had the $3 back to put toward a $10 mascara I may actually like.