July 26, 2014 | 1661 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Studio 3-in-1 Mascara (Lengthen, Define & Volumize)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by rollerskate

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the ONLY mascara I can stand after getting addicted to fiber mascaras (which are almost impossible to find now days). What I love about this: the definition, length, and volume is very close to what I could get out of a fiber mascara doesn't smear or flake IN FLORIDA SUMMER WEATHER even though it's not a waterproof formula because it's not a waterproof formula, it's easy to remove and doesn't cause lashes to break or fall out even though there's no vitamins in the ingredients, my lashes actually seem to be healthier than they normally are with mascara use (which attests to its gentle removal and protective properties) lashes aren't too stiff, not completely natural feeling but not nearly as stiff as many other mascaras have made them pigment rich black formula really make my lashes stand out formula is a good balance between thick enough to build volume and thin enough that it's not likely to clump unless you REALLY pack it on drying time is good as well, doesn't dry so fast it promotes clumps between layers but doesn't stay wet for so long I end up with mascara below my eyes applicator allows absolute precision... I never end up with more on some lashes than others unintentionally, never have problems building small areas more than other surrounding areas, and I'm not very likely to end up with mascara on my lids volume and length is completely under my control... I can do a more natural look or more dramatic one what I don't like: the top lid of the bottle which knocks off excess product from the brush sometimes separates from the top of the bottle when I pull the brush out I know this mascara hasn't been getting the best reviews, but I think it's mostly because people are so accustomed to foolproof designs. This is not one of them... it's definitely designed for professional usage, and it takes some practice to get it right. Once you do though, and especially if you have uneven lashes like I do that a curler won't fix, you'll really appreciate it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love ELF products, but not this one. It didn't add any volume, length was so-so, and it made my lashes stiff. My eyes felt irritated all day, so maybe a bit flaked under my contact lenses. I'll try the higher-rated mineral infused version, but this one is getting filed in the round can.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by SocialBeach

It's okay not much volume

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by hendersobe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is great for the price. It stays on all day. It doesn't add much volume, but it separates and lengthens beautifully. The shape of the wand is very helpful once you get used to it. It has a ball at the end that is great for getting the smaller lashes at the bottom and in the corners.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by kaitlynndiane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The wand is strange, but helpful, once you get used to the way it is shaped. It stays on all day and does not flake. It doesn't create much volume, but does define and lengthen very well. I've read reviews where it is hard to remove, but that wasn't the case for me. It came off when I washed my face, just like all my other mascaras do. There are so many complaints about this mascara, and it isn't the best I've ever used, but the quality is exceptional for the price ($3!). I use it when I run out of my regular mascara and am too broke to buy my favorite lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by IndustryKoda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the wand. It gets the corner lashes as well as getting right to the root of my lashes. Does very well at separating them.
It does what it says, although my lashes are rather long to start with. I dont try and tease more length as it will only result in lines on my glasses. Volumizing is not always meant the same as thickening, especially in mascara. It is also a jet black , which I appreciate.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by KrysteenaZ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara as a temporary replacement because I had run out that morning and needed to slap some eye make up on During my lunch at work to look somewhat alive and I was amazed! The brush seems stiff so it was a bit intimidating but this mascara is a classic case of not judging a book by its cover. Not only did it lengthen but it separated and fanned out my lashes it was amazing! It looked like I had on false lashes. It does dry fast so try to apply it evenly and build up as much as you can before you let your lashes dry completely otherwise you'll end up with spider lashes and flaking. For only $3 it was one of my favorite Mascaras for a long time, I bought a few tubes. It's a great mascara for a gal on a budget. If you are looking for volume and natural looking lashes this isn't for that purpose. It definitely lengthens and separates lashes and the formula is super pigmented. It was easy to roe as well with just soap and water so that's a plus for me. This is a great mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by mello_74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Only thing good was the price.
No length at all.
Definitely no volume.
I just had short little sticks on my eyes. Oh wait, I have those without mascara. ugh.
Plus it made my lashes break off & it was hard to remove.
Thank goodness it was only $3. Although I wish had the $3 back to put toward a $10 mascara I may actually like.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by CjLuikuo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I've been using this for two weeks now and I'm still learning the most effective way of applying this since its formula and wand are different from usual. For now, all I know is that applying needs some patience and time; never apply this in a hurry or else it'll end up messy, perhaps because of the ball-shaped tip. If applied correctly, you'll see length and definition, and a little volume. Never overcoat your lashes as well; they can cause clumping and that was my experience from the first time I used it. It doesn't smudge or flake off. It's long-lasting. I don't know why some people are having a hard time revoming it because for me, it easily comes off using a facial wash.

Additional tip: Wipe off excess product from your wand. It lessens clumpiness and mess. =)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by jwinter00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hahaha this crap sucks. Like you don't even know. The packaging is sturdy, yes, but I honestly have a difficult time getting the wand out of the tube. The brush is so weirdly shaped, stiff, and the bristles are waaaay too short. It smells funny, I can barely get any on my lashes, and it's just not worth it. There's really no positives to this mascara! I'd go for Maybelline Falsies if you're looking for big, thick lashes and don't waste your time and money trying to make this stuff work.