E.L.F. Studio 3-in-1 Mascara (Lengthen, Define & Volumize)

3.4

Water (Aqua), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Ozokerite, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Nylon-12, Propylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Triacontanyl PVP, Glyceryl Stearate, Polyvinylpyrrolidone, Styrene/Acrylates.Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Triethanolamine, PEG-100 Stearate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 4/25/2015 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

A $3 tubing mascara?!? Really?!? I had to try it. I did and I so wish I liked it better. Let me say it lengthened and thickened my lashes like a dream! I really was impressed. The formula looked rather wet though and it took a while for it to dry. Not a problem with me but it could be annoying for others. I didn't like was the wand though. I was used to a regular fluffy wand and this rubbery wand with stubby bristles and ball in the end was something different. It also seemed to paint some of my lashes together. Even though the formula didn't clump I still had to comb out my lashes to separate them. But that could have been because I wasn't handling the wand right, and maybe I could get more control if I got more used to it. It stayed on my lashes with no problems whatsoever with smudging or flaking. I was feeling optimistic about this mascara but it wasn't meant to be. What was the absolute deal breaker was how hard it was to wash it off! Tubing mascaras just slip off when exposed to enough water. Maybe I should have used warmer water with this mascara to remove it as I always used cool water as it was more gentle for my acne prone skin. But I never had any problem removing my two DS tubing mascara favorites, l'Oreal Double Extends and Cover Girl Professional Remarkable Washable, with cool water. In fact even after several splashes of water I finally had to rub and tug the tubes off of my lashes to get it all off. That's NOT a good thing! I would like to keep what short, sparse lashes I have, and I don't want to be pulling them to get mascara off! I gave it one lippie each for its thickening and lengthening because to be fair it did those things great. Minus everything else for it being hard to remove.

on 3/22/2015 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

This is s tubing mascara so the reviewer who said it washes off in weird clumps is right.... You use lots of warm water to saturate your lashes and then the tubes slide off in rubbery clumps.

This is a great mascara! It does lengthen and volumize as advertised. For $3 you can't go wrong, wow! The formula is BLACK black black! Very deep and richly pigmented. The spike ball is similar to Givenchy which costs $40. The formula is very wet so you should blot the wand on a lint free cloth first then apply 2 thin coats. I got no clumps or spider legs with this method. No flakes, transfer or raccoon eyes. This is an awesome mascara and I will continue purchasing! I always mark mascara down heavily for drying out quickly in the tube but for $3, if I need to buy a new one every few weeks, it won't even matter. When I'm paying $10 and up for a mascara, then I care.

on 2/18/2015 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I like the way this mascara looks when it is on, but it is sooo hard to remove! I use Sonia Kashuk eye makeup remover on a cotton round and it takes forever. It also comes off in weird clumps and flakes. I'm disappointed b/c my search for a DS cruelty-free mascara will have to continue.

ETA: I had no idea this was a tubing mascara until I read the more recent reviews. That explains why it was so difficult for me to remove...I wasn't doing it right. I may have to repurchase and try removing it with warm water since I otherwise liked this mascara.

on 1/12/2015 3:29:00 AM

I wanted to try a mascara with a ball on the end and this one was cheap enough for me to try without spending too much money. I found the ball to be a little annoying maybe because I'm so used to a regular straight wand. I'm glad I was able to try it and decide I didn't like this kind of wand for so little money. The formula is decent though, and wears well for a non-waterproof.

on 1/12/2015 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This wand is fantastic - you can reach every single lash, without clumps. The mascara gives length and definition while the formulation is long-lasting: no flakes, under eye transfer, or smudging with 12+ hour wear. I only need ONE coat for daily wear and it truly makes my eyes pop. My lashes feel soft and silky with this mascara on, and it looks like I suffer from amazing eye lash genes - long, silky, natural. Truly, good stuff. I read some reviewers complaining about how their lashes felt after application (?) - perhaps if you applied three or more coats you might have so much product on your lashes that it would be distracting, but I'm pretty choosy about mascaras and have not run into this issue. I'm so impressed with this product (not to mention the price point of $3 - or less, if you purchase directly from E.L.F's web site!) that it's a definite re-purchase for me. In fact, I like it so much that I'll re-order multiples to make certain I never run out, and always have a fresh replacement on hand.

The matte black packaging is sleek and modern, and conveys the same feel and branding as all of ELF's Studio line. The silicone applicator wand seems both functional and sturdy, and it's unique design allows you to reach and coat every lash, even the finest, smallest lashes in the corners, evenly. There is no discernible odor or fragrance, and despite it being a very long wearing product, it comes off easily with a facial wipe or cleanser and water.

on 10/21/2014 2:40:00 PM

What first drew me to this mascara is the spiked ball at the end of the mascara brush ( and wand.) This brush can be used to seperate the lashes, and the spike can be used to reach the lower lashes of the eye, lift the upper lashes,as well as the inner and outer corner of the lashes wich can be hard to reach. Since the formula is wet I recommend gently grazing the spike on the opening to remove excess and apply to the bottom lashes and give the rim of the waterline a slightly eyelined look. The base of the spike doesn't bend wich can give more control,but the steadiness this base has is better for unsteady hands. Even though this is a wet formula it is easy to wash off.
Although,not exactly the same,two other Mascaras by l'oreal have a similiar spike. I believe they are under the 'telescopic' name,and the red one is waterproof. The spikes are smaller though wich means they may reach less area but also smudge less.

on 10/2/2014 8:07:00 PM

This is a great mascara especially for the low price of $3! It definitely made my lashes longer and more defined, and was also long lasting. It was easy to apply and I love the wand! The only thing I would say is that it could make my lashes a little bit fuller but for $3 it's a steal! I would definitely purchase this again especially when I'm low on funds and can't afford my go to "They're Real" Benefit mascara which can be a bit pricey. I honestly didn't have very high hopes for this mascara but it proved me wrong!

on 7/12/2014 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is the ONLY mascara I can stand after getting addicted to fiber mascaras (which are almost impossible to find now days). What I love about this: the definition, length, and volume is very close to what I could get out of a fiber mascara doesn't smear or flake IN FLORIDA SUMMER WEATHER even though it's not a waterproof formula because it's not a waterproof formula, it's easy to remove and doesn't cause lashes to break or fall out even though there's no vitamins in the ingredients, my lashes actually seem to be healthier than they normally are with mascara use (which attests to its gentle removal and protective properties) lashes aren't too stiff, not completely natural feeling but not nearly as stiff as many other mascaras have made them pigment rich black formula really make my lashes stand out formula is a good balance between thick enough to build volume and thin enough that it's not likely to clump unless you REALLY pack it on drying time is good as well, doesn't dry so fast it promotes clumps between layers but doesn't stay wet for so long I end up with mascara below my eyes applicator allows absolute precision... I never end up with more on some lashes than others unintentionally, never have problems building small areas more than other surrounding areas, and I'm not very likely to end up with mascara on my lids volume and length is completely under my control... I can do a more natural look or more dramatic one what I don't like: the top lid of the bottle which knocks off excess product from the brush sometimes separates from the top of the bottle when I pull the brush out I know this mascara hasn't been getting the best reviews, but I think it's mostly because people are so accustomed to foolproof designs. This is not one of them... it's definitely designed for professional usage, and it takes some practice to get it right. Once you do though, and especially if you have uneven lashes like I do that a curler won't fix, you'll really appreciate it.

on 7/3/2014 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love ELF products, but not this one. It didn't add any volume, length was so-so, and it made my lashes stiff. My eyes felt irritated all day, so maybe a bit flaked under my contact lenses. I'll try the higher-rated mineral infused version, but this one is getting filed in the round can.

on 6/17/2014 4:21:00 PM

It's okay not much volume

Popular Mascaras