July 30, 2014 | 1127 users online

Polishes - Essie - Beyond Cozy

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by fatkittykitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This polish is pretty much irresistible. It's the most chic, classy glitter polish out there IMO. The glitter is dense and packed, providing a noticeable depth as well as opacity in two coats. And to say nothing of the color...it's so beautiful! and somehow quite unique. A pale champagne gold silver with a "neutral" tone. It's just beautiful and seriously sparkles in natural light.

As far as wear goes, it chipped on day 3, which is typical in my experience (I did use a top coat and usually don't, so the top coat may have extended the wear). So I would say about average. It dries VERY quickly, due to the formula I imagine. The glitter finish is "textured" even with a top coat, but definitely not as rough as "texture" polishes.

Overall I LOVE this color, it has so much bling and yet looks so classy. I love it for the summer and also look forward to wearing it during the holidays!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by HeatherTheRed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bought this color recently as a last minute addition to some blue and green Essie polishes I was getting. I couldn't tell whether it was gold, silver or brassy, and I still can't, though I lean more towards light gold mostly.

It's a lovely glitter polish. It took about two coats to become really covered but if you're picky maybe do three. I can still see some minor uncovered areas after two coats. The texture is slightly gritty when dried, but not bad with clear topcoat.

Paired this color with several other Essie brand turquoise tones, and LOVE it. Will use again! Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by tinkerbell1019

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this gold. Can be a pain to take off but I can deal with it for this color. Only takes one coat for it to even and the glitter is just beautiful.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 5:23:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i like this glitter polish but one mini bottle is enough for me so i wont need to repurchase.
very finely milled gold & silver glitter, spplies well in 1 coat but 2 coats gives a better finish. a top coat is a must for me otherwise the glitter is quite rough.
a biatch to remove for sure ut fund using pure acetone removed faster & easier.
a great colour for the winter collection. looks lovely just on tips too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by MacAtFirstSight

This is one of my favorite essie nail polishes. I love it so much that I felt the need to write a review.
This is the perfect glitter polish, because it is opaque and wonderfully sparkly. It's in between a gold and a silver, so it works with any cool toned or warmed toned polish and clothing. I highly recommend it to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by ireneyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is honestly one of the best glitters out on the market right now. The glitter in Beyond Cozy is so dense that it only takes 2 coats to become opaque. The color is gorgeous too, it definitely leans more towards silver than gold.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by ace2o4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beyond Cozy is a nice silvery-gold glitter polish. It is unlike other glitter polishes that I have used before, both in texture and in wearability. Though polishes usually chip quickly on my nails, this lasted several days without a single chip. It was easy to apply and only needed a maximum of two coats. This color looks good on every finger but also looks great as an accent nail polish. I wear two-tone jewelry so it was nice that this color meshed well with both silver and gold pieces. The main drawback with Beyond Cozy is that it is EXTREMELY difficult to get off! Took me a long time with many methods, and still didn't come off clean. Perhaps a stronger remover would have done the trick. All in all, it is a great addition to the Essie collection and I would recommend it to a friend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by JFreeman9384

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this polish. My cousin walked in the room with it in her hand and I nearly ran her over to get it. At the time I had a blue shimmer polish on and had to try it, so instead of taking the blue off I just paintd over it. With in two coats the blue was gone. I had to do a whole new mani before she left my house. The formula is great and for just around eight bucks, I think it's a steal. Two coats of a top coat makes it smooth to the touch and it's not trashy like some glitter can be. The only issue is it's hard to get off, but what glitter isn't? I absolutely LOVE this and I ended up buying two bottles. The best glitter I have ever found.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by allielautner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the most beautiful glitter, and you only need two coats for it to be solid glitter. I used it for a French tip and only needed one! It's a really fine glitter and is just gorgeous in the light, perfect for accent nails but isn't too flashy to use for all your fingers. Probably in my top 5 polishes of all time. The whole Winter 2012 "Leading Lady" collection was wonderful.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by nightinggale07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a little on the fence with this one. Application is so-so. It dries very quickly- maybe a little too quickly. I found that it sort of gloops up on the brush and it can be a bit difficult to get an even layer on the nail despite the fact that all the glitters are a uniform size. Even with a good top coat, I had tip chipping after one day (I work a front desk at a hotel and had done the dishes that night so, not heavy duty work!). The redeeming quality is the color. It's a very densely packed, warm silver glitter that is absolutely beautiful. It's great for a night out or at home in a cozy sweater- as the name says, "Beyond Cozy." :)