October 24, 2014 | 1890 users online

Eye Shadow - H & M - Eye Shadow quad in Biscotti Dreams

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 5:02:00 AM More reviews by danai

Surprisingly good quality for the price. This quad contains four shades: a matte off white/vanilla as a highlighter, a rosy taupe and a taupe-y grey for the lid and a chocolate brown for the crease. The three last shades all contain subtle glitter.
The consistency is great, shadows are buttery soft and smooth and easy to blend. Not chalky at all and fallout is minimal. The amount of glitter is just right for me; enough to brighten the eyes but not anywhere near tacky. I also find the shades very flattering to my coloring (fair skin, hazel eyes) but still natural and suitable for any place, time or occasion.
The downside is that these shadows may not be as pigmented as some would like; the brown is the most pigmented and buildable of all three, however the lid shades are pretty sheer. I don't mind that at all, but people who like opaque and very pigmented eyeshadows should keep that in mind.
The packaging is not that great, I'm afraid that if dropped, these would turn into dust. I must also say that I've noticed other H&M palettes on the shelves having started to fall apart already, though unopened. So I'm very careful with this one.
To sum things up, I'm very satisfied with this product and if I came across another shade combination that I really liked, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase again.