October 23, 2014 | 1849 users online

Lips - Tarte - LipSurgence Matte Lip Tint in Hope

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by scfiakhan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i wish i had bought a different color, as this one didnt really suit my skin tone. however, it's a really nice lip tint. it goes on smoothly, and is reallllyyy pigmented. it's a little pricy but lasts a long time. i know that with the lighter shades like lucky, it comes out all blotchy. the darker shades apply smoothly and look consistent. these dont wear off very easily, so that was nice too!! i'd reccommend this to anyone who wants a nice bold lip

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

this and the exposed matte lip are holy grails of mine and i dont use that term lightly. they dont last all day but what lip product does? they are beautiful skin like colors and your lips but better look. i also use them as cream blushes!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by AquaMist

My favorite lipstick in my makeup collection by far! It's minty and makes my lips so much plumper, it's also matte so it looks really natural and beautiful. It lasts a long time and doesn't dry your lips out like some matte lipsticks do. Definitely pick up this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by priyaj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using this for almost 2 years and I've been through a love-hate-love relationship with it throughout that time. It's now something I use almost everyday. I have pigmented lips and this color is very close to my lip color (the pink part of it). Because of that and also because it's matte, I use this when I want my lips to be all the same color and look natural.

If I want to look like I'm not wearing any lip color, I wear this. If I'm wearing a lipstick that is not very long-lasting or that I want to be more true to color, I wear Hope as a base and then apply the lipstick on top. Hope is very long-lasting, so I always have some color on my lips. I wear this while working 12 hour shifts and only have to reapply once after I eat/drink.

The ingredients are very natural... oils plus Vitamin C and E. Free of "parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrance, petrochemicals, and phthalates" so that gets major brownie points from me.

It is a little bit tingly after I put it on. I feel like it plumps slightly at first, but after a while it makes my lips look a bit wrinkly (it is a matte product after all). So I apply a lip balm on top of it. Also, it does have a slight purplish-hue which I wish it did not have. Overall, I really like this product, I just wish the hue was a little bit more pink and it was more moisturizing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought this a few weeks ago after falling in love with another of Tarte's matte lip tints (Lively), but sadly this one wasn't nearly as successful. The color (a sort of dusty nudish plummy pink) is great and I love this product's practical twist-up crayon packaging and mild minty taste, but the formula is so chalky and dry that I'm wondering if I just got a dud. It has just enough slip to apply smoothly across the lips, but it feels stiff and uncomfortably matte on the lip. Very clay like. I don't find any of Tarte's other matte lip tints to be particularly hydrating, despite the product's ambitious claims, but I don't find them particularly drying either. This one feels like it sucks moisture out of my lips and requires me to wear lip balm underneath it which significantly cuts into its wear time. I get maybe 5 hours of wear if I wear it on bare lips, and less than 2 with lip balm.

Like with Lively, I feel like this product is more of a lipstick than a lip tint or a lip stain. It has the texture and opacity of a lipstick and fades like a lipstick. It doesn't stain the lip and it doesn't have any translucency to it so the word "tint" makes no sense for this product.

I like the color of this product enough to keep it, but overall it's a disappointment. $24 is a steep price for a drying matte lipstick of an underwhelming quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by MES

You know you have too much makeup when you have over 200 reviews and you realized there is something that has been in your stash a while and you haven't reviewed it. I find myself using this shade much more than the regular finish lip surgence which I have in Charmed, and Joy. Hope is a nice medium pink, not too light and not too super bright candy pick. It's a flattering shade with just a slightly warm hints of gold. It's a good daytime/work shade. I really like the touch of mintiness in this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by msihavebieberfever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am in LOVE with this product! The staying power is great, and I love the feeling it has on your lips! Definitely would repurchase when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by MeghanElissa11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love this Liptint. Lots of lip products make me breakout in small pimples or blackheads by my lips ( ew) I have to be careful and with this stuff i never have a problem, the colour is so pretty after i bought it my sister went out and bought one for herself. Its also great if your like me and always have dry looking lips even when there not. This is a must buy

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Nikki08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the tarte matte lip tints in this color and in lucky. Originally I purchased lucky and loved it but felt like it was hardly noticeable on my lips so I went and purchased the color hope. It comes off like a mauve or almost berry tint on me. What was weird was that the consistency of hope was actually kind of chalky and lucky wasn't. I don't know if it was just a fluke or what but I probably wouldn't repurchase. It does leave a nice stain on my lips for several hours and isnt drying but I have to be really in love with a lip product to dish out $24. The lucky one I would repurchase though. It goes on creamy and I have since come to love the natural flush it gives my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by amany12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love this color on me and find the matte finish very flattering. It also lasts a very long time on my lips, even after eating and drinking. Will be buying this again.