Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream

2.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

WOAH. I love Burts, but this just left me so suprised. When you first get it, the lotion is thick and luxurious. A month or so later, it starts getting all milky and melty. Finally, it becomes so hard, you can't squeeze it out of the tube! What a sad disappoint on Burts Bees part! It smells like CRUD (old man mixed with rotten olives)! The squeeze tub is hard and stiff. It not only last for 2 seconds on your hands, but once it's on, the affect goes away but the SMELL STAYS :(

on 1/23/2015 12:11:00 AM

This stuff stinks! Literally and figuratively. It smells strongly of men's cheap cologne and fails to moisturize despite being quite thick and greasy. I prefer Korres body butters for my dry cuticles. Buy Korres on HSN.com and save a lot (about half) over retail.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought the whole Burt's bees line bc I developed allergies by mixing and matching products from different brands. The hand cream is OK, not greasy, but not really moisturizing. The scent is ok, not as horrible as the "fragrance free" body cream.
Again, Aveeno is the winner.

on 1/14/2014 4:13:00 PM

It's a very good hand cream hence the 3 stars but it smells like old men. Not that I go round smelling old men you understand, but it has that foisty smell that isn't all that pleasant. I used to apply it before bed but the smell is totally rank so I use it now when I slather it on and put my hand cream gloves on from Champneys as a treatment. I prefer the Burt's Bees hand salve and almond milk hand creams (of which I also have both), they smell far nicer.

on 1/4/2014 2:15:00 AM

I got a sample size of Burt's Bees Shear Butter Hand Repair Cream and I use this sometimes at night before I go to sleep . I just began to use it on my feet and its makes them really soft and the next day they still feel very soft .

on 11/20/2012 3:27:00 PM

The cream comes in a tube. It goes on very greasy and takes about 5 minutes to absorb. The cream seems to separate into a solid and liquid when you are trying to rub it in. Very odd. I don't find I get more than minimal softness to my hands after using it, even it used on a daily basis. I need a more moisturizing cream.