August 23, 2014 | 1882 users online

Lipstick - Hard Candy - Megawatt Smile Lipstick & Tooth Whitener

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by patr0nsaintofliarsandfake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this! I have the red (Gleaming) and bright pink (Pearly Perfection) shades and let me tell you, they are wonderful! They're gloss core lipsticks (meaning half lipstick, half gloss) which is why they wear off after roughly 3 hours. The cap stays on tight in my purse so I just take it with me and reapply when I go potty.

The red (Gleaming) wears off faster than pink (Pearly Perfection). They stay true to the color once they're on for the most part once it's on right and is nice and sparkly and leaves sparkles behind even hours after it's gone. It never feels dry or anything.

It's got a minty feel to it, too. On my lips it feels tingly, if I breathe in through my mouth I kinda taste the mint. This doesn't mean that taking a bite of your brand new $6 lipstick will replace eating a mint before an interview, but it's a very light mint flavor.

Unfortunately on my Pearly Perfection (pink) lipstick the tooth whitener was broken and had a hole in the container. I tried patching it up with tape but it just kept leaking so I had to cut the applicator wand off and throw away the bottle. On the Gleaming (red) one it was just fine, so I guess that pink one was just dropped or something. The tooth whitener tastes very bitter but slightly minty. My teeth have became slightly whiter in the 3 weeks that I have been wearing this, but they have also become sensitive so I'm going to stop using it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Hollyannaeree from YT said she picked up 8 tubes of this lippie, (the total number that were available at her walmart during that visit). Ive been a biG fan of her lip recommendations as she always rocks the soft, nude, barely there yet not too pastel, concealed , sick looking lips. Because such qualities are hard to find in the ds, I was intrigued when she said this was her go to lip that had it all. I went nuts looking (in 3 different stores) for this special Megawatt Smile LS + tooth whitener (I didn't bother with this end, so no comments) and couldn't find a single shade from this line so I finally gave in & plunged online. She mentioned her favorite shade was Picture Perfect & ofcourse on the website, there labeled by color shades not their actual names & in person there actually numbered, so to clear up some air, heres the 3 I own:

#500 in Vanity is Mauve online
#502 in Shine On is Light Pink online
#504 in Picture Perfect is Nude online

These lippies have a center white core, that provide a subtle shimmer & glossy finish to the lips. The colors are quite saturated & leave your lips moisturized & soft. Glide on like a lip balm. Has a minty scent/flavor & comfortable tingling sensation that lasts a few minutes. I would say vanity is a fuchsia mauve, light pink is true to its name along with having some silver more obvious reflects, picture perfect is a cooler nude, with the slightest taupe undertone. The last 2 are more wearable then the first, but still less than I was expecting. They wear off quite quickly 3-4 hours and leave the glitter behind. The formula itself is too creamy that the tip always feels soo soft & Im always afraid I'l bend/break it. The bottom tooth whitening, seems like a waste. I would repurchase it tho, its like the revlon lip butters with shades I prefer more but minus the hunting online for it hassle.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by icestars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is definitely creative. A brush on teeth whitener paired with a lip stick that makes your teeth appear whiter? I would get that anyday. But... I have to say, I'm disappointed in this product. First of all, I got the shine on color. It is a gorgeous color, but mine is a little bit... watery? Liquidy? It's a little TOO creamy. Creamy is good, but this is like... butter almost. It smooths on, but kind of melds off like butter. It comes in a little lipstick size, which is good, but my teeth whitened bottle for some reason leaks... So, I wouldn't put it in my purse or bag of some sort. The size is a plus, but mine is super sticky and smells kind of like the dentist... So no. That's a no for packaging. If my teeth whitener was not as sticky, yes that's a plus. But stickyness is just not my thing. Other than these few factors, this product is great... but I won't buy it again. It's a cute and creative idea, but I don't want to get my hands sticky and smelling like I am a dentist, took the dental gloves off and went out. Just in case I'm lucky again and get a sticky bottle.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by cheeky

I have this in glimmer, a shimmery coral, and unfortunately hate it. The color looks gross on my lips, and is goopy. It feels and tastes terrible, and seems to slide off. The tooth whitener does not whiten, it's very gimmicky. I wanted to try this and got it for $6-8 at walmart. Do not recommend which is unfortunate because I usually really like Hard Candy's products.