Kate Somerville CytoCell Dermal Energizing Moisturizer

Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, C4-24 Alkyl Dimethicone/Divinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Isodecyl Isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Pentylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Behenyl Alcohol, Linoleic Acid, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Whey Protein, Cetearyl Glucoside, Linolenic Acid, 1, 2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Disodium EDTA, O-Cymen-5-Ol, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Pogostemon Cablin Oil, Polydiethyleneglycol Adipate/IPDI Copolymer, Tocopherol, Tropolone, Polypeptide-72, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool

on 9/8/2014 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this cream after having a Kate Somerville oxygen facial promotion at Mecca - the $50 cost of which was redeemable on buying some product. I was looking for a moisturiser for my normal to dry skin that still breaks out hormonally and got sucked into buying this. This is nice, but it's not worth the cost (AU$172) because it doesn't really do much for my skin that a $3 tube of Nivea Soft from the supermarket can't do as far as I can tell. It moisturises sufficiently, hydrates, makes my skin soft, but so do many other moisturisers at a far lower price point. Other than that it doesn't do anything spectacular that could justify the price. Smells like herbs and lavender which some will like and others won't. The top-pump packaging is hygienic but I'm old school and prefer a jar I can dip my fingers into and also so I can see how much is left. I won't repurchase.

on 2/6/2014 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing, beautiful, luxurious cream. Smells divine, like lavender oil. Evens my skin tone and make skin feel so soft. Does it firm? Not quite sure yet. In the dead of winter I do need a little extra moisture over top which is annoying for a $150 cream. Would I repurchase? Definitely. I highly recommend this cream if you want a splurge.

on 1/9/2013 3:52:00 PM

Finding a moisturizer that actually makes my skin look and feel better without clogging it is quite a challenge. At 40 years old, I feel I need to do something more for my skin than just moisturize. I got this as a sample from Sephora, and after being very pleased with it, I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the price for the full size product. It is an excellent cream that makes my skin look and feel like a million bucks. My pores are almost invisible now. Needless to say, I bought the full sized product.

I wish this didn't cost so much :(
Why, Kate Somerville, why???

on 12/27/2012 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This moisturizer is not for me, it's for my 50 years old husband. I got this sample for him to try because of rough and deep wrinkles on his face. After few days of using this with other kate somerville's serum, WOW his face looks glowing and much lesser wrinkles and smooth face. Will definitely get this for him soon!

on 11/19/2012 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This smells just like my lost HG of moisturizers, Aveda's Green Science, but sadly, that is its only point of similarity. And for the price of this stuff, I expect a Broadway chorus to strike up in my bathroom while my skin magically returns to its twenty-year-old state and my pores close up one by one in a graceful synchronized dance.

That did not happen. It's an inoffensive light moisturizer with a pleasant, unobtrusive herbal scent, and nothing more. It is certainly not worth the ridiculous figure Sephora is asking for a jar ($180CAD).

I tried this for a week and a half via sample, but I did check out the packaging in store; I can't say that in general I am over-fond of this new fad for top-pump things. Sanitary, yes, but other products I have with that style of dispenser are annoying.

Popular Moisturizers