September 2, 2014 | 1002 users online

Treatments (Face) - Paula's Choice - Resist Clearly Remarkable Skin Lightening Gel w/ 2% Beta Hydroxy Acid

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by cosec00

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Rip off alert. This product was renamed once already and sold in a 2oz tube for $25. Now the latest iteration is a 1 oz for.....you guessed it...$25. That is a 100% price increase. I find this product a great alternative to AHA products (which irritates mys skin) for skin brightening, smoothing, anti aging effects but clearly the company does not respect its customer base. This price increase is ridiculous and the website states there was a 'compatibility issue' with their packaging. Yeah, a bottom line was obviously not compatible with their goals to rob their customers blind. Will be looking for an alternative source.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Sileny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

As a skin exfoliant, this worked amazingly well. If this were all it was meant to be, I'd give it 5 lippies easily. It left my skin extremely smooth and it didn't irritate or dry it out at all. My pores even looked better. It felt a bit moisturizing so those with oily skin might find it a bit much to follow with a moisturizer so nighttime use is best.

However, since it's also meant to be a skin lightener, I had to knock it down to 3 because it had no impact on my dark marks after 5 months of nightly use. It's really disappointing, since I bought this primarily to help rid of my post-acne marks at a quicker rate.

The packaging is also an odd choice for this liquidy gel sine it tends to spill out easily so you'll end up with more product than you need for your face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by 4eyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My comments on this are similar to my comments on her Clear Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution w/ 2% Salicylic Acid - effective, good product, but the finish is sticky and shiny.

I have oily, sensitive, acne prone skin. This contains hydroquinone 2% plus a number of other very good and effective ingredients to lighten and exfoliate hyperpigmentation, such as the 2% BHA, dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, etc. No stinky fragrance, just like her other products, and the tube contains a generous amount (2 oz.) of gel.

A little goes a long way - the gel is thin, clear and spreads very easily. I can see this stuff going bad before I use it all.

My only complaint is the same one I have for her Clear Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution: a shiny, sticky, overly moist finish. If I'm going straight to bed, no problem. If I apply in the AM, I have a problem. The shininess and stickiness is not attractive in the daylight. My mu already has to work vey hard to fight the traffic-stopping shine of my face. This makes it that much harder to fight shine. BTW: Be sure to use SS if using during the day. This does not contain SS, which is critical when using any lightener, and when trying to prevent PIH.