December 22, 2014 | 1617 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Gilded Platinum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have more gold eye shadows than I can count, but I once I swatched this at Sephora and saw how buttery soft and pigmented it was I had to buy it. The super metallic finish it gives is gorgeous (and perfect for the holidays), but what I love most is that it's not a straight-up warm gold - there's a little silver in there too. It's everything I wanted Armani's Eyes to Kill #19 (Silver and Gold) to be, which, unfortunately just showed up a plain light gold on me. There is a bit of fallout unless you use it wet, but I actually think it looks prettier that way so it doesn't bother me. I love wearing it as a wash or with a deeper, burnished gold in the crease, with peach or bronzey cheeks and lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by LadyKolie

I am NC/NW 07-10 or Nars Sheer Glow Mont Blanc for Reference.

This is supposed to be an eye shadow, though I can see it used as a heavy shimmer highlighter easily. There isn't much of a pigment to this shade it is as the full name suggests an illuminating eye colour. Platinum is a little gold and a little silver and rather sheer. I use it mostly as an inner corner highlight which it does an amazing job and I prefer it over other colors. I don't experience fallout even though it has larger shimmer pieces. I wouldn't say it has glitter, the flakes are too small to be glitter, but more like chunkier shimmer. I don't have any problems with it lasting all day.

This color really goes well with Lacome's Kitten Heel. I want to say this color goes well with color skin tones. I use this for both daytime/work and evening looks.

I am not the biggest fan of LM's packaging, though one thing I do like about the illuminating eye colour packaging is that it has a little release button on the front to easily open the container unlike the regular eyeshadows. I wish this was standard on all her shadows.

The Price is currently $24 for 2.5 grams. I think that since a little goes a long way, this will last me years. I mean I have used it twenty times at least and it looks like I have barely used any. But I do think that for a single eye shadow it is incredibly expensive. However, I like it enough to say I will repurchase.