September 22, 2014 | 1976 users online

Treatments (Face) - DSC-Dead Sea Facial Peeling Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I hate the fact the sales people who try to sell this stuff at the mall are so pushy and willing to lie about everything! I got two of these peeling gels and the moisturizer for $150. They said their real price ranged from $300 to $400 each. They made me believe it was the greatest deal! I almost cried when I found out you can get these for less than a quarter of the price at Marshall's, TJ Max, etc. and online stores too! Serves me right for being so damn gullible! This bad complaint goes for the company and the small stands at the malls, they are ruthless and shameless.
As for the product, I have to say it is great, works for me, and I have not had any problems with it at all. I was told it would help with my acne scarring and dry patches of skin, and also with my oily-combination skin. It has to be used once a week and I guarantee you will see results from the first use. It really impressed me.
You apply a thin layer of gel all over your face and wait about 5 for it to penetrate the skin until it turns a liquidy texture. When you touch your face and it's like water, you start to massage with your fingers in circular motions all over and you will see layers of dead skin cells forming like little balls. Rinse well with water and voilá! It leaves skin super soft, bright, and without acne scars of patches. It's like brand new baby skin. I finish off with the moisturizer and the results last for a long time. Makeup glides easier and lasts more on the face, it's like having a permanently primed face.
Scrubs and harsh surfaced products I have used for YEARS have not done for me what this product did in 15 minutes. I was very impressed.
I really love these products because they have worked for me but you have to be careful, they are overpriced and its a ripoff. Be careful where you buy them and if you see a Deep Sea Cosmetics stand at the mall, RUN! Don't even look at them.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 7:58:00 AM More reviews by Pyretta5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

This review is for the Dead Sea Facial Peeling Gel by Deep Sea Cosmetics.

I first tried this when my husband got cornered at a mall while on a business trip and was talked into buying it, along with a couple moisturizers. As he only brought the jar back, there weren't any instructions, so I just put it on and let it sit for about 10 minutes and washed it off. After doing that a few times, I started to wonder if there was supposed to be another way to use this because it really wasn't doing much of anything. Went on Google and found out you're supposed to put a thin layer on, and then start massaging your face until balls of skin start forming and coming off.

Once I did that, wow! This stuff is fantastic. Yes, it's a bit messy. And I've found that it's best to let it sit for a minute or two and then start to massage in circular motions. When it starts to feel like the gel has turned to water, it will then start exfoliating the skin. Once you've gotten most of it off, rinse with warm water to remove the remains. I follow it up with the Rodial Dragons Blood Tonic spritz and then a moisturizer...nothing else. I wouldn't recommend using any type of astringent after this, only something gentle.

I love this because my face literally feels like it's been covered in a whole new skin that is smooth and soft. There's a bit of tightness once your face is dry, so it's important to get the moisturizer on soon after. I use it about once a week.

I can't get this here in the UK, but I loved it so much I ordered some from Amazon and had it sent to a friend who in turn sent it to me. It's not cheap, but for me it's totally worth it. If you don't want to deal with those pushy SAs in the mall, just order it online. I didn't give it a 5 because I think the packaging could be better (see photo of open container). The jar needs to have a wider top to make it easier to get to the product, and the way it's designed makes it difficult to reach any that might be on the underside of the top. You should get a curved spatula with this, but it's still a bit of a pain.