October 21, 2014 | 1751 users online

Polishes - Chanel - Le Vernis Nail Colour in Malice #637 (Holiday 2012 Collection)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by allThingsGirl

Chanel has put out a lot of shades that seem dupable or close to others but somehow, Chanel's shade is the perfect one. For example, for a classic vamp shade, Rouge Noir (or the original Vamp) was the perfect blend of red, brown, and darkness. Same goes for Malice. There are several dark red shimmery shades out there but Malice is perfection of that class of shade. It's just the right deepness, redness, and darkness that causes someone to look 2x at it because it's stunning. A brooding Christmas shade. I saw swatches for it on the internet and didn't know it was Chanel and immediately loved it, found out what it was, then bought it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Newyorking

I really like Malice. The color is fabulous, dark burgundy-like with a hint of shimmer. Its very different, Chanel tends to come out with such different colors. I really like the nail polish, it is easy to apply and gives a nice color, perfect for day or night.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. This is a true burgundy that doesn't look black--in any light. The depth of color is spectacular, and the shimmer completes it, looking not at all cheap but sophisticated and glamorous. I got a full week from my self-manicure with this (Butter London base, Seche fast dry top coat) with only tip wear. This is a truly unique shade, high quality, and worthy of Chanel and the price tag. Just buy it before it's gone.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by hebedros

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like the depth of color in this polish. I was looking for a dark red with shimmer, and I only could find black polish with red shimmer or bright red or with red shimmer. After buying several at the drug store and being disappointed, I saw this color in a magazine and had to get it. The only reason I give it four stars is because of how many coats it takes to look even. I had read another review elsewhere that said one coat is almost enough, but I don't see how this is possible - one coat is slightly sheer and streaky dark red, two coats is almost good enough (and the number I usually wear), and three coats is idea.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Pyretta5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I was so excited to get this from the Debenhams web site, as the pictures I've seen were fantastic.

This polish doesn't disappoint. Goes on like a dream and has a 'depth' to it that none of my other polishes have and is a perfectly balanced darker red. I used two coats, but if done carefully I think you could get away with one. Is definately worth the cost and, as another reviewer raved, if I could give this more than 5 lippies I would.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Jaimee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This had to be the worse quality Chanel polish ever. Maybe I got a defective one, but it was gloppy and streaky. This one went back to Bloomingdales. Too bad, the color was beautiful in the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 5:19:00 AM More reviews by jferrarese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

If I could give it 6 lippies, I would. There is NOTHING about this varnish I do not like. The color is just fantastic. The perfect dark cherry or burgundy (whichever you wish to call it) red with a hint of shimmer. Just a hint (as in, you can wear it to work and you're good).

It is sexy. Sexy in the way Vamp or Rouge Noir is. But unlike Rouge Noir, the black doesn't overwhelm the red in this. I'm not a big finger nail polisher (I mostly do my toes and leave my hands nude or maybe a pink) but this...WOW. I want them to make it part of their regular collection and - to be honest - I might just purchase another bottle as a backup for when this finishes as it is a holiday collection color.

Lasts as one would expect - about a week. Beautiful application. Smooth formula with a nice shine once it dries. I've tried it with and without a top coat. Works both ways although w/o a top coat, it gets a bit less bright after around 3 days.

I would say if you are looking for that perfect red - the sexy but not too vampy, just enough, classy red - this may just be the one for you. Very highly recommended. LOVE.