October 1, 2014 | 1784 users online

Lipstick - Illamasqua - Liable

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by bluemoon1961

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Finally I found a red lipstick. I was at Sephora for over a hour to find a red lipstick without any blue or brown undertones and not too dark and too bold. A red lipstick for daytime. After trying just about every lipstick there I almost left when I saw this one on my way out. This a matte lipstick which is highly pigmented. It says orange -red, but it has just a hint of orange. On my blueish lips there is no orange at all. It's also a light red, not too dark like most red lipsticks I tried. This is a red lipstick I have no problem to wear on daytime, very pretty and not too bold/bright if you just blot it lightly on your lips. More like a stain. And it stays on all day!
Since it's matte it's not moisturizing or shiny. I use some lip balm before I apply the lipstick and when my lips feel dry....just like I always do anyway.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by asporkin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great orange-ish red matte. Stays on forever. Knocked off one point only because it's so dry (seems to be drier than most Illamasqua lipsticks) and really needs some prep if you don't want to trash your lips. But worth the effort.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 5:17:00 AM More reviews by ultravee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is a matte bright red lipstick. It looks red in the packaging but when applied it turns orange red (more red then orange though and more intense than what you can see on their website) and is of the exact color I was looking for. It is very easy to apply, you won't need a lip pencil to contour, it does the job on itself. It is very matte and very pigmented, the longer you have it on, the harder it will be to remove it later (best with a cleansing milk). The color lingers for the whole next day making my lips dark pinkish and even though this doesn't look bad at all on me, it may be annoying for others. It doesn't crease and pretty much stays in place all day long. It is a little drying (like most Illamasqua lipsticks I've tried) so some might want to apply a thin layer of lip balm under it.