September 2, 2014 | 2020 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Million Lashes Diamond

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love original L'Oreal Voluminous, so when I saw this in the store, I thought "Yes! Voluminous, times a million, PLUS sparkles? SOLD!"

Yeah. No.

This does not add length nor volume, and it takes a bazillion coats for it to even show up on my lashes. There *are* sparkles, but that is about it as far as advertising claims go. And, it was nearly $10 for this tube of mediocrity. I don't mind paying more for a great mascara, but not for one that doesn't even do the job.

I'll finish this tube, but won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got sucked into buying this by the pretty, sparkly packaging, and I ended up really liking the mascara. It definitely isn't a "false lash" look - it will lengthen really nicely with multiple coats, but doesn't give much volume. Also, it isn't super black - more of a light black, almost a dark grey. Nice amount of shimmer, visible in the light, but still suitable for daywear. This isn't overwhelmingly glittery - if you're expecting disco ball lashes, you're out of luck. It gives a nice hint of shimmer that's noticeable if you look at your lashes in the light. I really liked the brush, because it got all of my lashes, without any clumps or excess product. Not waterproof, but I had no issues with smudging, and it removed fairly easily (although my cotton pads looked like they'd been hit by a silver glitter bomb). I will say that this mascara is probably a really bad idea for anyone with sensitive eyes, because toward the end of the day, I did get a few diamond chips flaking off. My eyes are mildly sensitive and I dislike flaking, but I dealt with it. Overall I like this and may repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by CordulaM

Was just about to make a listing for this :) I got this because I was interested in the regular, but spotted this and thought 'why not'. But I have a slightly different experience. For me, the shimmer isn't noticeable at all. It's like Lash Blast Luxe, where there really isn't much shimmer at all, but at least I can see some with the Lash Blast. The mascara itself does make big long lashes, if lacking in volume/fullness a bit. That's ok, since I tend to use two mascaras anyway. But what I notice the most is the brush. It's a fat, 'old school' style bristles as opposed to silicone. And it's really stiff. I'm of two minds about that because on one end, I usually use a dry mascara brush to comb out clumps and separate and I don't really need to with this. But it's *really* stiff, so I hope it's gentle enough for peoples eyes and lashes. And since I didn't try the original Million Lashes, I don't know if that's better or this is the same. Maybe I should get both and return the one I like least? :
So it's been a while and this mascara is kind of dry. I feel like a lot of the ones with sparkles are. Maybe it's just time to ditch it, but now I don't know if the original formula is better than the 'diamond'. I think all in all, this is just a bit too stiff for me, so I probably won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got suckered into buying this product because I've heard so many good reviews on the regular Voluminous Million Lases mascara. This is the special edition anniversary version, which has sparkles or diamonds, or what have you in the product. Now, the concept is similar to Covergirl's eyebrights mascara, which I haven't tried, but this mascaa has a ton of glitter/shimmer particles in it. It has come to the point that when my lashes are dry, it feels rough to the touch, which I am not a fan of. The glitter/shimmer is very noticeable, which is a plus. Sometimes, though, my lashes look more silver than they do black, which is not a good every day look for me. Overall, it wasn't my favorite mascara nor was it terrible. It didn't flake or smudge throughout the day which is a plus. The wand is fantastic--it distributed product nicely, with minimal clumping. But I was hoping for soft, full and separated lashes.

Edit: I've added a picture, so you can definitely see the sparkles :)