February 1, 2015 | 2024 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Clump Crusher Water Resistant

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2015 9:18:00 PM More reviews by ErinK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My lashes are on the thinner side and somewhat sparse. I have been using this as my everyday staple for a long time. I love that Cover Girl makes "water resistant" mascaras that can be removed easily but may help hold a curl a tad bit better than non-waterproof (but not nearly as well as WP).
PROS:
--no clumps
--the brush is just perfect to work with, smallish to avoid mess, and a great gentle curve that butts up right against my lashline. Quick and easy.
--I can layer this with other mascaras when I'm experimenting, and have no mess result from it.
--doesn't flake, smear or transfer, fairly easy to remove
--stays fresh a long time without changing texture
--fairly dramatic, equally lengthening and thickening, decent separation and definition but enough buildability that it's not a delicate "natural" look (which I am not looking for)

CONS:
--not as dramatic as I'd wish for in my dreams. So I guess it deserves 4 1/2 stars if you want to be honest.
However, I have finally accepted that no mascara will change what genetics gave me. This one never fails me, day in and day out.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2015 6:44:00 PM More reviews by rubianoalanis

Hate this mascara! Doesnt hold a curl, i dont even think its waterproof!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2015 10:41:00 AM More reviews by keyelement

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this mascara to be a nice daily mascara:

- it holds curl for me all day
- minimal to no panda eyes at the end of the day
- feels really good to apply - wetter formula + curved brush are nice
- virtually no detectable scent
- as advertised, no clumping

Cons/why I likely won't repurchase:
- absolutely not water-resistant - I've used water-resistant Lash Blast Fusion as my everyday mascara for years and that can handle serious water in the face, including tears, but this one cannot
- since so wet and not clumpy, it takes longer to layer to get the look you want
- smudges during application
- I plan to take the brush from the tube I have and after sanitizing, use it with Fusion!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2015 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Klgirv

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Stays put @ true to name - does not clump. Wonderful to apply.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2014 4:36:00 AM More reviews by changeapproved

I bought this with high hopes because a lot of people were recommending it with photos and all. I was impressed the first time I tried it with one coat in the mall because it really didn't clump and they looked beautiful. When I bought it and tried it out, it disappointed me so much. It didn't hold the curl and even after a few minutes of just applying it. It would smudge a bit after a few hours. It's not water resistant and it just made me sad. I wouldn't buy this mascara again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by ad1011

Doesn't hold a curl. Doesn't plump up lashes. I don't even know if it's waterproof. I want my money back.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by funkysmama

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Looks nice enough when applied, in a natural way, but not remotely waterproof.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by ewongcbu

Not a bad mascara, but like others have said not water resistant and doesn't hold a curl

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

A pretty decent mascara. I have said ALL mascara clump but this mascara makes it almost impossible to have clumpy lashes. I never reach for my eyelash comb with this. This holds a curl well and you need a specific eye makeup remover at the end of the day. I use a biphase one. Oil works well too. I like the bright bulky packaging, I think its cute.

As for the result and look this gives me.....im not like "wow!" but this is not at all bad. This holds my curl, doesnt clump, coats my lashes in black, but only gives me a tiny bit more length.....and that is it. Its like a tint on my lashes. This is great for daytime looks, easy looks. I like it more dramatic so this is not really my thing. I think Loreal Million is a dupe of this except with Loreal the formula is blacker and i get more length. If you have already nice long and/or thick lashes then this is great for you!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by sunshowers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybe I got a bad tube of Clump Crusher, but this doesn't work for me at all. For some reason the brush doesn't seem to hold any product, and the formula is very dry. I have to put on at least three or four coats before it starts to look like I have anything on my lashes. It holds true to its promise of no clumps, but that's only because the brush hardly deposits any product at all.

I also agree with other reviews that the claim of water resistance means nothing. It will definitely run if your lashes get wet.