March 2, 2015 | 1754 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Clump Crusher Water Resistant

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2015 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

I loathe the Toronto CAN winters as my eyes water what with the freezing wind...Sooo, I picked this up recently as I needed a water-proof type mascara yet do not like WP in general. They make my lashes feel like card-board and a pain to remove. It just seems like it's hard to find that in-between type mascara anymore (the "Resistant" types). I adore this!! Excellent separation, evenly coated application, nice formula and lovely results of longer slightly thick(er) lashes yet still retains a natural type look. Really brings out the eyes rather then screaming "Hey look at me, I packed on mascara!" Perfect for day to day I think...I've already a few mascaras open, but will use this for the office in the wintertime. Only thing is, I wish the "Very Black" were a tad darker, but it's really just a personal thing as my lashes are naturally black. I also love that it removes easily yet does not run easily. Great find for only $8.70 on sale at Rexall.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2015 2:03:00 AM More reviews by InfiniteBatmans

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

it's not waterproof, like many others stated, but honestly I like that. I'm not a fan of aggressively washing my makeup off (simple soap and water kinda gal, everything else breaks me out), It most certainly isn't clumsy and is very easy to layer. I read it doesn't hold a curl but my lashes hardly hold a curl after any mascara, so I'm just over it. I tell everybody to buy this, it's amazing

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2015 1:56:00 PM More reviews by diamond97

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has been my go-to mascara for about 2 years now. The curved brush is a nice shape to "fan out" your lashes, and I personally like rubber bristles. Like some other reviews have mentioned, this will not give you a "falsies" look (unless you really layer it on). I tend to wear just one layer for everyday, and I really love how natural it looks while still making a dramatic difference compared to my pale, sparse, and fine lashes. I don't think it would make a significant difference for those with naturally thick and long lashes, though. I do not get any clumping, and it is water-resistant, as advertised. It is not water-proof, but I think that is actually better because I can easily remove it with my regular cleanser without scrubbing my lash-line bald.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2015 9:18:00 PM More reviews by ErinK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My lashes are on the thinner side and somewhat sparse. I have been using this as my everyday staple for a long time. I love that Cover Girl makes "water resistant" mascaras that can be removed easily but may help hold a curl a tad bit better than non-waterproof (but not nearly as well as WP).
PROS:
--no clumps
--the brush is just perfect to work with, smallish to avoid mess, and a great gentle curve that butts up right against my lashline. Quick and easy.
--I can layer this with other mascaras when I'm experimenting, and have no mess result from it.
--doesn't flake, smear or transfer, fairly easy to remove
--stays fresh a long time without changing texture
--fairly dramatic, equally lengthening and thickening, decent separation and definition but enough buildability that it's not a delicate "natural" look (which I am not looking for)

CONS:
--not as dramatic as I'd wish for in my dreams. So I guess it deserves 4 1/2 stars if you want to be honest.
However, I have finally accepted that no mascara will change what genetics gave me. This one never fails me, day in and day out.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2015 6:44:00 PM More reviews by rubianoalanis

Hate this mascara! Doesnt hold a curl, i dont even think its waterproof!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2015 10:41:00 AM More reviews by keyelement

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this mascara to be a nice daily mascara:

- it holds curl for me all day
- minimal to no panda eyes at the end of the day
- feels really good to apply - wetter formula + curved brush are nice
- virtually no detectable scent
- as advertised, no clumping

Cons/why I likely won't repurchase:
- absolutely not water-resistant - I've used water-resistant Lash Blast Fusion as my everyday mascara for years and that can handle serious water in the face, including tears, but this one cannot
- since so wet and not clumpy, it takes longer to layer to get the look you want
- smudges during application
- I plan to take the brush from the tube I have and after sanitizing, use it with Fusion!

2/9/15: Torn about repurchasing. I'm enjoying layering with it and I still enjoy the brush quite a bit!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2015 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Klgirv

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Stays put @ true to name - does not clump. Wonderful to apply.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2014 4:36:00 AM More reviews by changeapproved

I bought this with high hopes because a lot of people were recommending it with photos and all. I was impressed the first time I tried it with one coat in the mall because it really didn't clump and they looked beautiful. When I bought it and tried it out, it disappointed me so much. It didn't hold the curl and even after a few minutes of just applying it. It would smudge a bit after a few hours. It's not water resistant and it just made me sad. I wouldn't buy this mascara again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by ad1011

Doesn't hold a curl. Doesn't plump up lashes. I don't even know if it's waterproof. I want my money back.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by funkysmama

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Looks nice enough when applied, in a natural way, but not remotely waterproof.