Cover Girl Lash Blast Clump Crusher Water Resistant

3.0

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

It lengthens without lashes sticking together, which is the number one job. It lasts all day, even if I chop onions or exercise. Never any raccoon eye from this! Bonus: I tap it onto a couple of spots on my eyebrows to help a thin area and for covering the greys that have popped up.

I've been using it for a couple of years, so it's working really well for me. Tried a couple of others during that time, but they haven't worked out. Also, it's inexpensive, so I can have a tube of it at hand no matter where I wake up.

Two things I would change:
The tip of the brush tends to have a glob of mascara that I have to knock off, or else I end up depositing it somewhere on my face or lashes.
I wish it came in a brown, not just a brown-black. I like lengthening my lashes, but adding darkness doesn't work as well with my eye socket structure.

I've had 2 tubes so far. It's great for separating & some length. It didn't give me volume, but that was ok since ALL my lashes were coated & separated! Not a night time mascara for me though. The brush is rubbery, small & has tons of little combs. I'm a fan of the brush & the packaging is nice too.

I really really like this mascara! I was using the clump crusher extensions and I love it and since its summer in nz I wanted to get a waterproof one. This mascara is really nice and is actually waterproof the problems I have with it is that it is really hard to get off I scrubbed off a couple of my eyelashes when I was taking it off! And it can be a bit spidery if you put too much on but if you comb it out it looks really good. It wasn't that expensive and gives you long gorgeous lashes + it lasts all day without smudging

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I did not encountered clumps with this mascara. But it does not lengthen or volumize my lashes. It smudged a lot on me too. The biggest down side is that it does not hold a curl at all. I always use an eyelash curler and my curls normally stays up all day. But this mascara made my lashes go straight back down the second after applying it. I would not recommend it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I found this to be a very average mascara. As advertised, it separated and defined my lashes beautifully. Unfortunately, that is where the benefits ended. It offered little extra length and absolutely no volume. I could coat and coat and coat my lashes to no avail and it would still look minimal. It also is NOT waterproof - I'd always get some smudging by the end of the day, and almost all of it would come off if I cried. I would only recommend this for someone who wants a very natural lash look.

I recently bought this at Ulta after hearing really good things about it. I picked mine up in black brown and I tried using it but there is no volume whatsoever!!!!!! does not hold a curl at all. very disappointing. It lengthens but my curled lashes fall completely straight after application. I tried applying several coats but it's not very buildable. and of course it doesn't clump if it doesn't even deposit any product!! the brush is very trick to work with. This might only be because I have sparse lashes though. I don't think it would work with sparse lashes. If you have full lashes already, I think this would be good for a natural look, that's why i'm not giving it a one star. Also the price point is ok because you can always find it on sale!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love the brush, hate the formula. I have very straight lashes and are difficult to curl and have been attempting to find a drugstore mascara for everyday wear - this is not it. The formula is very wet and makes my eyelashes drop and straighten right out once applied, regardless of technique. If I go back in with a curler after the mascara has dried I can get it to semi-curl again but will not be as good as the 'before mascara' curl.

This mascara did not hold a curl with my normally straight lashes, and didn't make my lashes look fuller. Because of this, I will not repurchase. However, this mascara didn't smudge unlike other mascaras, and did a nice job of separating my lashes without clumping (good for bottom lashes).

Pros: easy to remove despite being water resistant. separated lashes. did not smudge.

Cons: does not hold a curl, in fact it straightens them. does not volumize or thicken the appearance of lashes. need to apply many coats to see mascara on lashes. tube doesn't dry out easily.

Length of time used: 4 months

My lashes: fine, thin, straight lashes.

I picked this up on a whim because I needed new mascara and remember thinking Clump Crusher was pretty popular in the day. I got the water resistant because I have pretty watery eyes and these things tend to get smudgy on me.

I love the way it looks and the formula. I have pretty long lashes so that whole clump-free thing is a big deal to me. This seemed to deliver and I thought my lashes looked on point.

A few hours later though, I noticed the dreaded black smudge around my eye. It's not quite as bad as some of the other mascaras I've tried, but I don't think I'd wear it if I plan on sweating or for more than a few hours.

If you guys have some of the same issues as me, Tarte's Lights Camera Splashes is my favorite mascara and probably what I'm going to splurge on when needed.

The first two times I used this I thought it was great. It really separated all my lashes and even extended them. Then I started having the problem of it straightening out my lashes (I curl them before applying mascara) and making them hang down and be straight out. I have a REALLY hard time getting my lashes to curl and stay curled already. Re-curling after applying mascara and letting it dry is pretty much the worst thing ever. It clumps up and makes the lashes stick together and then starts flaking off (this is ALL mascaras ever that have done this). Also, curling afterwards removes my eyeliner. So now I'm kind of disappointed that it really straightens out the lashes and I have to deal with that.

Popular Mascaras