November 28, 2014 | 1927 users online

Lip Treatments - Avene - Cold Cream Lip Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by incognito51

This is the best lip treatment I have ever used. It was recommended on the ITG blog and they were certainly right. My entire family uses it now. The only downside I can think of is that it can be hard to find in stores so I usually order it online. I have used this product for about two years. No more chapped or dry lips....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Alfordalice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This seems to have worked for my lips when other lip balms have not.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by ella343

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for a heavy-duty treatment for chronically chapped lips, keep looking.

To prep the lips, however, as a primer rather than a moisturizer, Avene Cold Cream Lip Cream's lighter texture, surprising given the emollients, feels just right. It provides a silky smooth base under lipstick or liner. Since it's less waxy and protective, the product sinks in quickly, as suggested by its designation as a 'lip cream', and sticks down flakes from moderate (though not severe) dryness. If there's extra residue, I rub a q-tip over my lips to exfoliate. It also doubles nicely on the cuticles because of its pliability. There's a faint vanilla-frosting scent. It's not dissimilar from Avene's stick version, but somewhat more economical, not so quickly used up.

N.B. Currently, this is not sold in the U.S. There are, however, several UK stockists (I like echemist) that will ship for free.

INGREDIENTS Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Isopropyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Lanolin, Petrolatum, Ozokerite, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Squalane, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Cetyl Esters, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Aluminum Sucrose Octasulfate, Glyceryl Linoleate, Cetearyl EthylHexanoate, Mica, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Linolenate, Isopropyl Myristate, Propylparaben, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopheryl Acetate

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by hriz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Didn't like it - didn't help with chapped lips. Perhaps even has an opposite effect, not sure.
It's just that the overall feeling is unsatisfactory - this cream just sits on the lips unpleasantly and doesn't do anything for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I only saw reviews for the Avene lip balm with cold cream and I know that some reviewers also review the lip cream there but they are two different products so this is only for the lip cream with cold cream. I have dry skin and my lips also suffer from dryness occasionally, the skin around my lips is eczema sensitive and I wanted something new because it's getting colder and I trusted Avene products so I bought this. I wish I had checked the ingredients in the store before buying because it contains Mineral Oil! I mean come on Avene your products target those with sensitive skin and then you put that in your lip cream?? I don't get that, not only does it dry my lips out even more in the long run, my sensitive eczema prone skin reacts badly to this! I get red flaky and itchy skin around my lips everytime I put this on, so off in the trash it goes what a waste! My HG lip balm is Weleda Everon never had any complaints with that one!!