December 20, 2014 | 1710 users online

Liquid - Shu Uemura - Face Architect Smooth Fit Fluid Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2014 7:05:00 AM More reviews by emmmmmmmm

I had high hopes for this foundation but was really disappointed. I have visible pores that I was hoping this would help disguise - it is called 'smooth fit' after all! unfortunately this foundation sat in my pores and made them look 100 times worse :(

I've tried it with the She Uemura mousse primer, without it, with a range of different moisturisers and sunscreens, as well as with my fingers and with my beauty blender and the result is always the same. It also makes my fine lines look worse. I really wanted to like this but it just doesn't work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by VeryAroma

I tested this foundation today but I won't purchase. The finish is matte, not too flat, but on me it isn't natural but rather visible. My skin (dry-combination) is too dry for it, so at the end of the day my chin-area became a little patchy. It is very longlasting, that is a pro. From farther away, my skin still looks absolutely perfect. It also feels really nice, in fact I can't feel it at all. So if your skin is on the oilier side, give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Not bad, not bad at all, though think the price would be a lot more forgiving in Japan. As I live a zillion miles from there I had to make do with strawberry.net and it was a little more spendy than I thought it would be..

It's a beautiful foundation, light to medium with a build-able coverage, nice glass bottle fitted with a controllable pump (it wont blurt out a mega-ton like some of them do). 1 -2 pumps is more than adequate for a good coverage. Dries down quickly and with a light powder lasts the day. Gives off a natural and healthy/glowy (fresh not shiny) look.

My best application method has been a damp BB or the RT sponge and I enjoy pairing this foundation with TF Primed and Poreless powder for a nice finish.

Great foundation if you struggle to get a shade light enough. I'm NC15 and have this in 784 Fair Beige (yellow based) as I bought this online and was unable to swatch I think this would be better suited to NC10. I get away with this with a light bronzing or slightly tinted loose powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by cassandragrace

Got to love this foundation.
I have sensitive oily skin. It is very hard for me to find a foundation that matches my skin type but this one is magic for me..
I had breakout after trying out MAC studio fixed. A friend recommended this to me for it is known for its light coverage and its not a heavy make up at all. it diminished my breakouts (or maybe because I was treating my acne also) but it did not cause any break out all.
it looks natural and it gives glow. I also used their compact foundation. i used 1 bottle for 10 months considering that use it everyday. (its worth the price). A little goes along way.
Also try their oil cleanser, blush on and nobara concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Dis8ged

I tried this out after reading through the reviews here at MUA. I have to say, this foundation is really good. I currently use MUFE HD, and find that face architect is everything that MUFE HD is lacking. - good for oily skin, shine breaks through only after 10 hours. That's a great accomplishment given my oily skin. - the oil patches doesn't seem obvious, making it acceptable even if some oil does break through. - light-weight, feels like I'm not wearing foundation at all. - provides decent, buildable coverage. I would say the coverage is comparable to MUFE HD with 2 layers I feel that this foundation is really suitable for oily skinned like myself, and I'm going to buy a full bottle to try out different application styles to achieve better coverage with 1 layer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by originalconfidence

First foundation ive used. Stays on longer than bb creams. Looks natural

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by theartyard

This stuff is horrible! I've used it 5 times and I'm so glad I got a sample otherwise this would have been a HUGE waste of money (it's not cheap!). Considering it's a high-end foundation and after hearing all the rave reviews I had high hopes for this, but I am left extremely disappointed with the quality of this product.

Pros:
- Colour: if you're Oriental and have yellow skin tone, then you'll find a range of shades available to match your skin tone.

Cons:

- EXTREMELY patchy and unnatural : This was a big no-no for me.
I'm not talking about a few patches here and there- this stuff made my WHOLE face look patchy, dry and flaky. I have oily skin and this stuff made my skin look dry. I've tried using different moisturisers and sunscreens, applying it with beauty blender, reg makeup sponge, foundation brush, fingers- nothing works!

- poor coverage : it applied unevenly and didn't provide high enough coverage

- poor longevity: after about 1 hour after application, my face was shiny as heck, yet it looked dry at the same time because of all the flakiness. I had to wash this stuff off my face.

- transfers : As I have oily skin, I'm used to using shiseido blotting papers which are very good at getting rid of oil whilst not removing any makeup. I tried using a sheet with this and the foundation rubbed off !

Overall: I really wanted this to work for me after reading reviews but this just didn't work for me at all :(

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2012 8:31:00 AM More reviews by petalofrose

This is a great foundation. I have used this foundation for 4 days now and have not experienced any break outs whatsoever. I actually bought this foundation when I was in Hong Kong because it's a bit cheaper there than here in the Philippines due to import tax and also Shu pulled out of the States. I also got the UV Base Tsuya Skin Youthful Radiance Mousse & matching pressed powder + compact.
Packaging is simple and functional as it comes with a little pump. The "glass" bottle feels durable but does not feel too heavy either.

It is way better than using BB Cream or anything else. Let's just say that I used MISSHA BB Cream one day and that broke me out unfortunately. But this Shu Uemera foundation on top of their UV Base covered up the blemishes like a dream. No need to use brushes because it's so easy to apply & blend. It held up amazingly through the day and I have combo/sensitive skin. A bit pricey but totally worth the money and the effort I go through to get it. I will forever be loyal to Shu Uemura.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I received this foundation from a generous MUAer and have been using it for the past week. I like the finish, it's heavier in coverage than the tinted moisturizer I usually use but it still looks natural. I would classify this as a medium coverage foundation. No problems with it breaking up on my skin by the end of the day - I had that problem with the now discontinued cream Face Architect foundation from a few years ago. I'm currently using shade 774 and it's a pinch too light for me, but I think as winter wears on my tan will fade more and it'll become a better match. I'd repurchase in a darker shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by mickeyzzz

all i have to say is that this is the best foundation ever. I've tried most matt high-end foudnations and this one just gives the best finish love it new HG