November 23, 2014 | 1123 users online

Liquid - Shu Uemura - Face Architect Smooth Fit Fluid Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by VeryAroma

I tested this foundation today but I won't purchase. The finish is matte, not too flat, but on me it isn't natural but rather visible. My skin (dry-combination) is too dry for it, so at the end of the day my chin-area became a little patchy. It is very longlasting, that is a pro. From farther away, my skin still looks absolutely perfect. It also feels really nice, in fact I can't feel it at all. So if your skin is on the oilier side, give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Not bad, not bad at all, though think the price would be a lot more forgiving in Japan. As I live a zillion miles from there I had to make do with strawberry.net and it was a little more spendy than I thought it would be..

It's a beautiful foundation, light to medium with a build-able coverage, nice glass bottle fitted with a controllable pump (it wont blurt out a mega-ton like some of them do). 1 -2 pumps is more than adequate for a good coverage. Dries down quickly and with a light powder lasts the day. Gives off a natural and healthy/glowy (fresh not shiny) look.

My best application method has been a damp BB or the RT sponge and I enjoy pairing this foundation with TF Primed and Poreless powder for a nice finish.

Great foundation if you struggle to get a shade light enough. I'm NC15 and have this in 784 Fair Beige (yellow based) as I bought this online and was unable to swatch I think this would be better suited to NC10. I get away with this with a light bronzing or slightly tinted loose powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by cassandragrace

Got to love this foundation.
I have sensitive oily skin. It is very hard for me to find a foundation that matches my skin type but this one is magic for me..
I had breakout after trying out MAC studio fixed. A friend recommended this to me for it is known for its light coverage and its not a heavy make up at all. it diminished my breakouts (or maybe because I was treating my acne also) but it did not cause any break out all.
it looks natural and it gives glow. I also used their compact foundation. i used 1 bottle for 10 months considering that use it everyday. (its worth the price). A little goes along way.
Also try their oil cleanser, blush on and nobara concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Dis8ged

I tried this out after reading through the reviews here at MUA. I have to say, this foundation is really good. I currently use MUFE HD, and find that face architect is everything that MUFE HD is lacking. - good for oily skin, shine breaks through only after 10 hours. That's a great accomplishment given my oily skin. - the oil patches doesn't seem obvious, making it acceptable even if some oil does break through. - light-weight, feels like I'm not wearing foundation at all. - provides decent, buildable coverage. I would say the coverage is comparable to MUFE HD with 2 layers I feel that this foundation is really suitable for oily skinned like myself, and I'm going to buy a full bottle to try out different application styles to achieve better coverage with 1 layer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by originalconfidence

First foundation ive used. Stays on longer than bb creams. Looks natural

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by theartyard

This stuff is horrible! I've used it 5 times and I'm so glad I got a sample otherwise this would have been a HUGE waste of money (it's not cheap!). Considering it's a high-end foundation and after hearing all the rave reviews I had high hopes for this, but I am left extremely disappointed with the quality of this product.

Pros:
- Colour: if you're Oriental and have yellow skin tone, then you'll find a range of shades available to match your skin tone.

Cons:

- EXTREMELY patchy and unnatural : This was a big no-no for me.
I'm not talking about a few patches here and there- this stuff made my WHOLE face look patchy, dry and flaky. I have oily skin and this stuff made my skin look dry. I've tried using different moisturisers and sunscreens, applying it with beauty blender, reg makeup sponge, foundation brush, fingers- nothing works!

- poor coverage : it applied unevenly and didn't provide high enough coverage

- poor longevity: after about 1 hour after application, my face was shiny as heck, yet it looked dry at the same time because of all the flakiness. I had to wash this stuff off my face.

- transfers : As I have oily skin, I'm used to using shiseido blotting papers which are very good at getting rid of oil whilst not removing any makeup. I tried using a sheet with this and the foundation rubbed off !

Overall: I really wanted this to work for me after reading reviews but this just didn't work for me at all :(

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2012 8:31:00 AM More reviews by petalofrose

This is a great foundation. I have used this foundation for 4 days now and have not experienced any break outs whatsoever. I actually bought this foundation when I was in Hong Kong because it's a bit cheaper there than here in the Philippines due to import tax and also Shu pulled out of the States. I also got the UV Base Tsuya Skin Youthful Radiance Mousse & matching pressed powder + compact.
Packaging is simple and functional as it comes with a little pump. The "glass" bottle feels durable but does not feel too heavy either.

It is way better than using BB Cream or anything else. Let's just say that I used MISSHA BB Cream one day and that broke me out unfortunately. But this Shu Uemera foundation on top of their UV Base covered up the blemishes like a dream. No need to use brushes because it's so easy to apply & blend. It held up amazingly through the day and I have combo/sensitive skin. A bit pricey but totally worth the money and the effort I go through to get it. I will forever be loyal to Shu Uemura.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I received this foundation from a generous MUAer and have been using it for the past week. I like the finish, it's heavier in coverage than the tinted moisturizer I usually use but it still looks natural. I would classify this as a medium coverage foundation. No problems with it breaking up on my skin by the end of the day - I had that problem with the now discontinued cream Face Architect foundation from a few years ago. I'm currently using shade 774 and it's a pinch too light for me, but I think as winter wears on my tan will fade more and it'll become a better match. I'd repurchase in a darker shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by mickeyzzz

all i have to say is that this is the best foundation ever. I've tried most matt high-end foudnations and this one just gives the best finish love it new HG

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

ok let me start off by saying that i'm an avid fan of shu uemura foundations. i have tried just about every foundation product of theirs on the market - the liquid version, the cream, the mousse, the powder one - you name it i've tried it. and this, with her sister--the original face architect smoothing fluid foundation--are the best of them all. no doubt it's one of my HG liquid foundations and will remain so until a cosmetics company comes up with new foundation that can beat the amazingness of this product. i don't think it will be anytime soon, that's for sure. major yes from me.