December 21, 2014 | 926 users online

Hair Treatments - Matrix - Biolage Color Bloom Mask

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

My salon had a raffle/giveaway and I won a tub of this with other various Matrix & Redken haircare products.

I like it but don't love it

I have thin/medium 3b naturally curly hair that is color treated. The scent is nice and light and this helps defrizz and soften my ends. The only con for me is that my hair feels coated even with lots of rinsing.

I ended up passing this to my mom! I can't take the nasty waxy/coated feeling on my hair anymore.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 9:10:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this. I have fine, dry hair and this is one of the few deep conditoners that actually adds moisture to my hair and eliminates the frizzed, straw-like appearance of my poor dry hair ends.Does not weigh down my fine hair either. You do not need a lot of product. I use this once or twice a week. Contains palm oil and glycerin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

My hair: oily roots, dehydrated on the lengths, fine, frizzy and tangly. Not dyed, and I use heat and styling products rarely.
My stylist recommended this mask for me, when I asked her for a mask that is nourishing, but that won't weigh my hair down, especially since it is fine and gets oily easily.
Now, this mask is formulated for colour-treated hair, which my hair is not, but I find it works amazingly for me!
It is a lightweight mask, and you only need a dime-sized (50p) amount (the stylist's orders!) as it is a professional product. I have mid-length hair and use this from my ears down, working it in. Then leave it for about 4 mins.
It leaves my hair soft and smooth, definitely nourished, but not heavier. Every once in a while I use a thicker mask, maybe once a month/ 6 weeks.
You can use a conditioner after it, but it is not necessary - experiment to see what your hair needs best.
If you are looking for a light but moisturising mask, I recommend this one. It's about 14 if I remember correcty and has lasted me ages!