Guerlain Rouge G L'Extrait - M69 Orgueil

on 11/16/2012 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is a gorgeous dark, berryish red, perfect for winter. I was a little intimidated by it as I don't usually go for dark lip shades, but this actually works well with my skin tone. Because my skin is quite light it looks very dramatic and I love the contrast, but this would be gorgeous on those with darker skin too!

It goes on matte, almost like a lip stain. I don't find it to be at all drying. I can definitely feel it sitting on my lips, but it's not uncomfortable. It's also very long wearing and can withstand most of the eating and drinking I like to do! It reapplies smoothly, and you need very little product for an opaque coverage.

Yes, this is an expensive product. I spent 30 on this - that's not really in my budget I get silly when it comes to Guerlain products for some reason. Anyway, if you don't want to spend that much I'm sure there are cheaper dupes out there. The closest thing I own is MAC's Viva Glam I. They're in the same ballpark, but Orgueil has more of a pinkish undertone where VG is browner.

The main criticism I see with the Rouge G line of lipsticks is the packaging - it comes in a bulky silver casing with a little mirror built in. Personally I like the packaging - it feels luxe and I like the heaviness. It feels expensive, which I want it to because it WAS expensive! I really don't mind carrying it around with me for touch ups, especially as it has that handy mirror, but it is more cumbersome and difficult to store than other lipsticks.

Popular Lipsticks