November 27, 2014 | 1452 users online

Lip Gloss - Illamasqua - Intense in Boost

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by CNo64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow! "Intense" is right!

I wanted a "radiant orchid" gloss, and Boost definitely fits that description. I agree completely with what lilinah wrote - if you like fuchsia/magenta lip colors, and aren't put off by a bit of bluish purple shimmer, you'll probably love Boost. It is VERY cool-toned, so it is not going to be for everyone, though. Even with my coloring, which is ideally suited for cool shades, I probably wouldn't wear Boost on its own. I can imagine it looking great over pink/fuchsia lipsticks, however, for a fun, fresh "flowery" shade that's perfect for spring.

If I can summon the nerve, I'll even try it over MAC Show Orchid, for drop-dead radiant orchid lips.

Boost is rather thick, but it's not a sticky kind of thick, but a nice emollient, slick kind of feel. There is a fairly strong but not unpleasant fruity/floral scent and taste. Boost is semi-sheer, which is probably good for this sort of color. There's some shimmer, but no glitter. I can imagine this even working for some daytime occasions.

Packaging is typically simple and sleek - a clear plastic tube with a black cap. I like the brush applicator, which feels neither too long nor too short.

The only drawback to this gloss, for me, is the fact that I had to order it online, directly from Illamasqua, and with overseas shipping, it ended up costing me around $35.00. I consider it worth it, though, and would buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Illamasqua says "Boost" is "blueberry violet", but that does not adequately describe this gloss. It is the counterpart of Illamasqua Lipstick in Underground, a blue-purple / magenta / fuchsia with a blue and lavender duochrome sheen. Wow!
Illamaqua lipglosses have a fruity scent, which surprised me - the lipsticks have a hint of vanilla - but thankfully no flavor. They are VERY glossy and shiny, but not sticky like some other popular mid-range glosses (i'm thinking of MAC). Instead they are a bit slick.
The Intense glosses are not entirely opaque, but the colors are indeed intense and the coverage good. Like most glosses, they only wear a few hours. The long square tube has a brush for application. The brushes work fine, but one of the glosses i ordered had some splayed-out bristles.
As Illamasqua lipsticks are a bit dry, this gloss makes a great partner for Illamasqua Underworld Lipstick, adding moisture and glossing up the rather matte lipstick.
I don't have a camera to post pictures, but Christine of Temptalia has excellent photos that make the most of the iridescence:
If you like hot pink, fuchsia, magenta or purple glosses and are not afraid of Boost's blue / lavender duochrome, you'll probably like this. And if you like glosses that lean blue, as i do, you probably will, as well.