November 28, 2014 | 1930 users online

Treatments (Face) - Caudalie - Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by nlutes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Thank goodness for MUA reviews! I've been fighting with my dry, dehydrated skin for the last few weeks (well, always, but more so lately) and was at my wit's end because I could barely wear foundation - it would cake, show my fine lines, and generally sap all moisture out of my skin.

Anyway... after a lot of research, I went to pick up a bottle of the SOS. I have been using it day and night as my serum, under my moisturizer. I have been exfoiliating a bit less frequently but using my same moisturizer routine. After a few days of dedicated use, my skin is actually glowing! No accentuated lines, no flaking, no caking. I'm very pleasantly surprised and plan to continue to use this until my skin is back in shape, at which point I will likely use it at night, or ever other night, in combination with a more active-ingredient based serum.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Rubyruby78

Well I've just finished my first bottle of this serum and I thought to come here and right a review. It lasted me exactly 2 months,by using it morning and evening before my moisturizer, one pump for face and neck. I must say that I liked the fact that it sunk right away without leaving any kind of residue on my skin but at the same time I'm not sure if it has done anything good for my skin... That is why I'm not planning to repurchase it in the near future.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2014 4:55:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure if I would repurchase this at this point. I've been using it since May. Yes, my bottle has lasted me for about five months and I've just reached the halfway mark.
I don't have dry skin, and I'm not really sure if it's dehydrated. It's oily and acne prone. However, despite me having oily skin, I still add hydrating products to my skin after I learned that stripping your skin and not adding sufficient hydration makes it oilier. Anyway! I wanted to try out a serum and tested this out in the store and it seemed light enough for my needs. I use this only once a day- in the evening and I follow up with an oil (Vitamin E Oil from The Body Shop or Josie Maran Argan Oil) as a moisturizer after this and I find it works very well, but it might be an unnecessary (and quite expensive) step. I'm not in a situation where I can spend $65 on something that I'm not sure is doing anything.
My skin didn't have any reactions to this such as acne or anything like that. I found something that seems very similar in texture from The Body Shop called "Nutriganics Smoothing Serum" due to Caroline Hirons. To be quite honest, The Body Shop product probably works just as well for me, but I suppose we'll see after I run out of this Caudalie product to see if my skin really misses it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by LilyMazi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well nothing hydrates the skin like the way hyaluronic acid does, but the problem with this serum is that you don't actually "see" that your skin has been hydrated.If you have dry-combination skin ,you might even get some bumps on the dry areas where the skin feels tight on the surface . I think it's better to mix it with another oil-free cream of Caudalie to get a thicker consistency that would create a barrier on the skin.
Many have considered this to be a life saver so it's hard to speak for others with different skin condition . I still believe that HA is a key ingredient in moisturizers .

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by sunshinechemist

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is magic! I'm usually super skeptical, particularly of natural/botanical lines, but I am so impressed by this product. I got this in gratis (I work at sephora, but my opinions are my own). This does exactly what it says, it hydrates. Sounds simple enough, but so many hydrating products don't hydrate. I love chemical exfoliants and you must hydrate skin after doing chemical masks/peels/scrubs. I have normal to dry skin, with redness and sun damage. The amazing thing about this product is that 1) it does what it says, it hydrates without stinging, burning or making my skin red; 2) it's easy to use, one pump for face, neck and chest; 3) nice packaging, not bulky or overly fancy; 4) it plays well with others, I.e., I can put any moisturizer, primer, ss, or foundation on top of it without peeling, pilling, or patchiness (this is my pet peeve as I do wear 7 layers of goop on my face at any given moment); and, 5) it smells amazing, a lightly scented spa smell (I enjoy good fragrance in my skincare, it doesn't irritate my skin, I realize it's not necessary, but what is "necessary"?). When I run out (which won't be for a while, I've been using it day and night for a month and maybe an eighth is used up? I don't apply at night 1x a week when I do an overnight moisture mask) I will pay for a bottle, I would pay twice retail for this quiet magic in a bottle. And yes, unless you're not dehydrated much and you're oily all over, you still need a moisturizer on top! Luckily this stuff pairs well with all kinds of moisturizers, gel based, shea butter based, wax based, cream, oils, etc.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by sciencegeek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin: acne prone (I recently found out), normal to dry cheeks, oily t-zone. When I tried this serum my skin was quite dehydrated and somewhat congested. I used this along with the Vinosource Moisturising Sorbet and the Vinosource eye cream. I used a whole bottle of this serum and about 25% of my second bottle. I will no longer use it (please read on to find out why). It's not often that I repurchase cosmetics, but somehow this serum fooled me...

This serum is very light. It has a milky consistency and smells like grapes, in a nice way. The smell is not strong and dissipates quickly. The serum is also absorbed quickly. When I put it on, my skin feels soothed and glowy. However, the hydration seems to be temporary (i.e. if I stop using this my skin is dehydrated again). This is not a bad product by any means, but it's also not very effective at providing long lasting hydration.

I believe this serum is not good value for money. It's quite expensive and you need to use quite a bit since it's so thin textured. I found that I went through my first bottle quite quickly.

However, as I said I will not buy again or use up my second bottle. That is because since using these products my skin became more and more congested. My forehead actually has bumps, and I keep breaking out in all forms of acne- cystic, white heads, blackheads... Please note that I was breaking out before using this serum (it all started a couple of months ago- it's been an ordeal). However, after using this I could actually see that the pores on my nose and around it looked 'stuffed' (i.e. really clogged). The worse they've ever been. I then found out that this serum contains Ethylhexyl Palmitateas the 5th ingredient which is considered to be highly comedogenic and a lesser amount of Sorbitan Oleate which is moderately comedogenic. Considering that I was using this morning and evening, this might explain why my skin is so much more congested since using this. It also made my t-zone oilier.

The packaging looks cute and is functional.

Overall this serum is pleasant to use, provides some hydration and makes the skin look nice and glowy. However, I would not recommend this to acne prone beauties due to the comedogenic ingredients present in the mixture.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

I received a generous sample of this at Sephora (first time I've received a sample in a Sephora store). I have very dry, dehydrated cheeks and an oily t-zone, but my skin is also somewhat sensitive. A winning combination. I find the texture of this to be similar to a light moisturizer, which is unusual for a serum, but the bottom line is that it isn't nearly moisturizing, or "quenching" enough for my cheeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 5:33:00 PM More reviews by tomatotooty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It does what it says on the bottle - moisturise! Smells good and is easily absorbed. I like it because it has given my dehydrated skin the moisture it needed.

HOWEVER, the bottle does not last very long at all. It's been 4 weeks and I'm almost done with the bottle! I use it twice a day, one pump each time... I'll be looking for other serums when this is done. Not that this isn't good, but I would it has solved my dehydrated skin and I would like to try some other serums with additional benefits (anti-ageing, brightening skin etc.).

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by melissasmart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This did seem to make my skin feel nice but after about a week I developed quite a few pimples on my cheek. I took it out of my regime and my skin recovered after a few days. Definitely not for anybody with acne.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by cherryme

My skin at the moment is dehydrated but oily so I said I give it a try and asked for samples.
I am not impressed- it didn't hydrate anything, didn't make anything smooth and it made my skin oilier on my T-zone.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No