August 1, 2014 | 1844 users online

Treatments (Face) - Caudalie - Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by sciencegeek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin: acne prone (I recently found out), normal to dry cheeks, oily t-zone. When I tried this serum my skin was quite dehydrated and somewhat congested. I used this along with the Vinosource Moisturising Sorbet and the Vinosource eye cream. I used a whole bottle of this serum and about 25% of my second bottle. I will no longer use it (please read on to find out why). It's not often that I repurchase cosmetics, but somehow this serum fooled me...

This serum is very light. It has a milky consistency and smells like grapes, in a nice way. The smell is not strong and dissipates quickly. The serum is also absorbed quickly. When I put it on, my skin feels soothed and glowy. However, the hydration seems to be temporary (i.e. if I stop using this my skin is dehydrated again). This is not a bad product by any means, but it's also not very effective at providing long lasting hydration.

I believe this serum is not good value for money. It's quite expensive and you need to use quite a bit since it's so thin textured. I found that I went through my first bottle quite quickly.

However, as I said I will not buy again or use up my second bottle. That is because since using these products my skin became more and more congested. My forehead actually has bumps, and I keep breaking out in all forms of acne- cystic, white heads, blackheads... Please note that I was breaking out before using this serum (it all started a couple of months ago- it's been an ordeal). However, after using this I could actually see that the pores on my nose and around it looked 'stuffed' (i.e. really clogged). The worse they've ever been. I then found out that this serum contains Ethylhexyl Palmitateas the 5th ingredient which is considered to be highly comedogenic and a lesser amount of Sorbitan Oleate which is moderately comedogenic. Considering that I was using this morning and evening, this might explain why my skin is so much more congested since using this. It also made my t-zone oilier.

The packaging looks cute and is functional.

Overall this serum is pleasant to use, provides some hydration and makes the skin look nice and glowy. However, I would not recommend this to acne prone beauties due to the comedogenic ingredients present in the mixture.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

I received a generous sample of this at Sephora (first time I've received a sample in a Sephora store). I have very dry, dehydrated cheeks and an oily t-zone, but my skin is also somewhat sensitive. A winning combination. I find the texture of this to be similar to a light moisturizer, which is unusual for a serum, but the bottom line is that it isn't nearly moisturizing, or "quenching" enough for my cheeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 5:33:00 PM More reviews by tomatotooty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It does what it says on the bottle - moisturise! Smells good and is easily absorbed. I like it because it has given my dehydrated skin the moisture it needed.

HOWEVER, the bottle does not last very long at all. It's been 4 weeks and I'm almost done with the bottle! I use it twice a day, one pump each time... I'll be looking for other serums when this is done. Not that this isn't good, but I would it has solved my dehydrated skin and I would like to try some other serums with additional benefits (anti-ageing, brightening skin etc.).

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by melissasmart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This did seem to make my skin feel nice but after about a week I developed quite a few pimples on my cheek. I took it out of my regime and my skin recovered after a few days. Definitely not for anybody with acne.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by cherryme

My skin at the moment is dehydrated but oily so I said I give it a try and asked for samples.
I am not impressed- it didn't hydrate anything, didn't make anything smooth and it made my skin oilier on my T-zone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is working wonderfully well on my oily but dehydrated skin. It is evening everything out, and definitely is acting like a cool drink of water on the more parched areas of my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by jawaher

I have combination skin with really dry skin on and around the nose, so it looks really obvious and scaly. I tried many moisturizers before, so I was very skeptical when the Sephora sales lady recommended to use this along with the sorbet, especially with that price tag, but I figured why not. It's been 4 months now and I can safely say it has made a huge difference. Not only my dry areas are gone, but it has also eliminated the redness on my cheeks and my skin tone looks more even now! The texture is so light and feels refreshing and hydrating on the skin. I put it on and I feel more awake and ready to face the day.

I have already repurchased it 3 times, so my only gripe is that it finishes so quickly. One bottle would last you barely a month if you use it day and night everyday. I now only use it during the day and use Simple night cream at night. All in all though, I'd definitely repurchase it again and again, even though Caudalie is not sold in my country.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Retromom104

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off, I have oily skin that gets dried out in winter. (Combo of age and super cold winters.) I also have issues with eczema. I really like this serum for the reason that it sinks right in and makes my skin soft without a greasy residue or heavy feeling.

Actually, I have been really enjoying Caudalie's Vinosource line in general. But, this serum has been really fantastic this winter with keeping my skin from getting overly dry. In the summer months, I will use it alone as a night time moisturizer but in the winter will layer it with another cream.

The packaging is nice. The dropper works well. I took off a lippie for a glass bottle. If I ever dropped it, it would be a goner.

I do plan on repurchasing when I am out, which will be soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Sunlitshade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm 25, with sensitive combination skin, and a few months back I had the worst break-out of my life (way worse than anything I'd had in my teens) due to stress. I had big, painful blemishes and inflammation all over my face. This serum, together with the vinosource moisturizing sorbet, saved my skin.
It's sooo hydrating and soothing, and the scent is very lovely and light. Almost feels like you're adding water directly into your skin. The texture is very light and almost watery and it sinks quickly into the skin. It leaves my skin feeling super refreshed!
In the first couple of weeks, when my skin was at it's worst, it really helped calm the irritation and redness (it felt very cooling).
Now I still use it day and night and my skin is loving it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by joyce628

my skin loves it during dry weather.
love the smell and how it feels when i put it on.
fair price for the quality of product.
cannot live without.