August 27, 2014 | 1605 users online

Lip Gloss - L.A. Colors - Red Alert

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Angeni

Today I purchased this at my local family dollar store. Because, I was looking for cheaper version of MAC lipglass in russian red. As soon as I got out of my store, and into my car I compared the lipglass russian red to L.A. colors lip gloss in Red Alert. In the store it looked more yellow base then my mac lipglass. To my surprised when I swatched the two next each other and found them almost alike in color, in fact the L.A. color lip gloss had a more blue undertone then the russian red!
PROS OF LA COLORS LIP GLOSS IN RED ALERT
costs: 1.00
layer lightly on lips to slight cherry color with concealer underneath (this helps it last longer) to bright red.
CONS:
it has cheap sweet smell.
does not last as long as mac one, without lipliner
PROS OF MAC LIPGLASS IN RUSSIAN RED
-VERY pigmented (more liquid lipstick)
-HAS more of sheen, or shine for that classic red lip look.
- IT has cult following hopefully will never be discontinued
- IS very moisturizing compared to the lipstick version
CONS
costs: 15.00 plus more for shipping & handling ( I look up the price on the mac website)
Can be hard to tone down because comes out so thickly pigmented.
For everyone out there who wondering whether you want to put the money out, try la colors first. Opposed to spending twenty dollars on color you feel makes you look clownish, or is too harsh.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by BerkeleyChick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been looking for a red lip color that does not wind up on my teeth, and I finally found it! The blue tones in this gloss make the wearer's teeth appear whiter, a major plus. The color is almost universally flattering, and the price is a seriously awesome deal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by ryansgirl4eva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love this red. will do well for any complexion. it bleeds. the formula is nice though. for a dollar why not?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

**review from my blog*gloss purchased at family Dollar*
One of the reasons I selected this lipgloss it was because I do not own any red glosses at all. The color looked beautiful from their display and I wanted to take a chance on it. Talk about looks can be deceiving!!! I will say I am not an expert when it comes to color. I thought this was going to be a typical red, but this baby has blue undertones!!!I will say I am fair complected, but honest to God I stay away from blue toned lip products. For some reason I thought I could not pull it off. I was surprised to look that this gloss actually looked good on me!
As you can see from above, this lipgloss pack a punch!!! An extremely pigmented lipgloss at such an affordable price point .81 cents from the sale!!!! Gloss felt nice on my lips, very moisturizing!!!!Once I blotted this lipgloss, it looked a bit patchy. But the color left behind, looked quite pretty. This gloss lasted about 2 hours of wear time with usual drinking and snacking.

So in short, what are the pros and cons of this lipgloss

*positives*

affordable, pigmented, moisturizing

*negatives*

short wear time, looks patchy when blotted

I really enjoy this color. Sometimes it pays to be adventurous with colors you would not think would compliment your skin tone.