July 31, 2014 | 1495 users online

Lip Treatments - Hard Candy - World Balmination Tinted Lip Balm in Lovestruck

rated 2.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hard Candy's World Balmination is a "glossy tinted lip balm that will leave your lips soft, moisturized, and looking flawless. The nourishing formula protects, repairs, and soothes with just the right touch of color". I got this lip balm in Hard Candy's "Ultimate Essentials" kit, it was the sole full sized product in the set. This tinted balm is available in 8 shades, I have Lovestruck, a light pink. Each World Balmintation Lip Balm contains 3.6g (.13oz) and sells for $3. Hard Candy is a former high end brand that is now sold exclusively at Walmart. Hard Candy products are made in America and are not tested on animals.
I'm not loving Lovestruck's packaging, honestly. The tube and cap are both made of clear, cheap plastic. The cap is already cracked quite a bit, and honestly I'm not even sure why. A black sticker with silver detailing wraps around the tube, but it doesn't really spice up the very plain, cheap packaging. The sticker does offer a bit of company info on the side though. Not only do I think World Balmination's packaging is boring, I don't think it protects the product very well either. A lot of product is exposed from the get go, at least 1/3 of the product is sticking out of the tube and can't be scrolled down any further. Not wise, Hard Candy. That's putting a third of the balm at risk for drying out, breaking off, or getting knicked when putting the cap back on. I definitely think that Hard Candy should consider repackaging these lip balms.
Lovestruck is a light, warm pink, quite similar in color to Maybelline's Baby Lips Lip Balm in Pink Punch. As pretty as it is in the tube, Lovestruck fails to deliver even a "touch of color". This balm goes on clear, it takes several layers to get even the slightest tint. Normally I wouldn't complain about a colorless lip balm, but this is marketed as a "tinted lip balm". This gloss does have a nice, subtle glossiness to it that makes my lips look healthy. Lovestruck has a light sugar cookie scent and flavor to it. This might be my favorite part of the product.
So World Balmination isn't a good choice if you're looking for color, but how good of a lip balm is it? It's a decent one, not anything outstanding, but nice. I wouldn't use World Balmination to treat dry, chapped lips, but I think this balm gives a nice amount of moisture and softness. I think this balm would be best used to prevent chapping. This lip balm is very light and comfortable to wear, however it's effects aren't very long lasting, I feel the need to reapply after just an hour.
Hard Candy's World Balmination is just ok. It definitely didn't impress me, but it doesn't suck. Honestly to me it seems like Hard Candy tried to create a similar product to Maybelline's Baby Lips and failed. World Balmination is nice for softening the lips but they don't really do much more than that for me. I can't speak for the seven other shades, but Lovestruck has zero pigmentation, very disappointing. I don't recommend Hard Candy's World Balminations, spend an extra dollar and buy a Baby Lips. I wouldn't repurchase this lip product but I do plan to finish it off.