April 16, 2014 | 983 users online

Lipstick - Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics - Lip Tar - Grandma

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by mizsockmonkey

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this as part of the Pro's Picks set. No beef with the product itself - the lip tars are really great. They apply well and last a very long time. This color's definitely not for everyone, though. It's a very daring bright orange. While it doesn't remind me of a grandma, it DOES remind me of a friend's mom from middle school - not in a good way. I think this color would be great on the right person, with the right ensemble. It's one of those "couture" colors that just isn't for everyday wear (at least on me) but I enjoy having it in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by LadyKolie

Okay so I received this item in a swap. It is the older packaging and not the newer. I like the newer style better. Also this is .27oz, where the newer ones are also larger in size.

I am a big fan of products that work and have 100% Vegan ingredients. This is one of them. This particular one is a semi matte finish, possibly matte, depending on your lips. It is long wearing. Now I wear lanolin under every lipstick because it keeps my lips from drying out and splitting and getting horribly flaky. It doesn't matter what lipstick I wear, if I put anything with color on my lips will dry out. So lanolin is my protection.

That said, OCC lip tars are drying. I own four colors. Anime, Hush, Momento, and This one. The lasting time is impressive, though with a balm underneath I do find that I need to reapply.

This is a Coral peach color. I think it is fantastic. My skin tone is a smiggen pink (Nc/NW 07-10, or exactly Nars Gobi for reference). I am not the biggest fan of bright colors with my features, and this color come close to being to bright, but it isn't. With lip tars a little goes a long long way, I barely use anything to get amazing color pay off. I see this lasting me a very long time. longer than any tube lipsticks.

As a side note, I tried this as a liquid/cream blush. Literally the smallest dot did both cheeks, stayed on for hours, and didn't move around (have combo, oily skin). I did this on a bare face, no primer, no foundation. I haven't tried it with, so the results my differ.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No