Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Lash-Brow Groomer

3.6

on 1/28/2015 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I was excited that RT had a lash-brow groomer with a metal lash comb as I've used one before that was excellent but have been a bit cheap about shelling out for my own. However, the teeth on this comb isn't spaced tightly enough for it to make a substantial difference. It only performs marginally better than the free gift-with-purchase lash-brow groomer I have from Lancome. I still need to do multiple passes to get my lashes where I want them. I find the cap it comes with to be somewhat annoying as well since I often try to put it on the wrong way. This is a more personal quibble though which I have not let affect my rating but I thought I would mention it.

The brow part of it has stiff bristles, and does the job of making my brows look neat. The teeth are somewhat wider than the free lash-brow groomer I have which I prefer but I can't notice any difference in performance.

Overall, this is a thoroughly average lash-brow groomer. I don't mind using it for the time being but I'm looking for something better.

on 4/13/2014 1:38:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This broke soon after I bought it. The plastic needs to be of a higher quality.

on 3/1/2014 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I highly, highly recommend this product. Truly a must-have.

This is very unique in the lash-groomer. Most are plastic and large ends, making it difficult to comb out the lashes. This groomer are thin, metal combs that perfectly comb out mascara clumps.

The design on this is ingenious. At $6 at Ulta, which usually has buy one get one deals, why are you waiting to buy it?

on 1/11/2014 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

bough this for $11.99 in Priceline ( Australia ) and i have to say this is the best lash groomer ever!

best for : defined separated lashes

It actually works! ( unlike those other plastic combs...)
I used to use a needle to separated my lashes cause plastic combs don't seem to ever work. Now, real techniques lash-brow groomer has a spiky comb that resembles a line of tiny needles (now you see why i brought the needle story up) and it truly works wonder at separating and defining eyelashes.

underline : every one should have one of this!

on 1/8/2014 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Used to have an Ecotools lash/brow brush, but the plastic teeth broke when dropped accidently or even just washed.

Tried this due to metal comb, and much better. The synthetic bristles on the RT brush are better than the Ecotools one too, they are firmer and do not splay as easily.

Overall very happy with this, have had no problems cleaning it. I guess the plastic cap is a bit hard to get on and off? But its nice to have that hygiene, if you are putting it in a makeup bag.

on 12/19/2013 1:58:00 PM

What a poorly designed product. I'm very surprised that a makeup artist would put her name to a tool that does not do the job properly.

As the previous reviewer noted, the Tweezerman lash comb is far superior to this.
If you want super fluttery lashes, this will not do the job efficiently because the teeth of the comb are too far apart and do not taper towards the end to catch clumps. I just run it through my lashes with mascara on them and it does nothing at all!

The brow brush is very plastic-like and just picks up any foundation and/or powder that has collected in them. I can imagine that in the design process, they may have thought that it didn't matter what type of bristle was used for brows but a proper bristle (rather than a plastic one) would help create a sheen by spreading any oil in the hair throughout the eyebrow.

I also hate the protective lid on the lash comb. It is fiddly and annoying to remove and replace if you are in a rush and, once again, the Tweezerman comb that folds is far better designed.

What a waste of money this was.

on 12/4/2013 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not that great.
I had the Sonia Kashuk Metal Eyelash Comb and loved it. It had pointed tips to separate your lashes after applying mascara. It was great until one day I went to clean it and a couple of the metal pieces of the comb fell out. I then threw it out.

For some odd reason this isn't the same and I do notice a difference. I just don't think it's worth $10 to get another SK comb that'll break again. I might have to try the Tweezerman eyelash comb instead...

on 10/13/2013 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this because I wanted a lash brush with metal combs, and I can't find a brand near me that sells them. Since I love RT brushes I ordered one of these online, the brush is purple and black and has a metal lash comb and a brow brush. The metal lash comb is great and the brow brush does the job but it is a little scratchy. The RT Lash&Brow groomer is sturdy though because I own this for 4 months now and it's still in good shape!

on 5/7/2013 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

UPDATE:
I have come to really like this. The brush is god, although a little uneven. The metal comb is good enough for me - my mascara doesn't really clump much at all.
END OF UPDATE

I like this. It's not something super-special: the brow brush it plastic and not the best quality - the hairs are cut a little bit uneven. The lash brush is metal and not sharp at all. Some people may like it, while others would like this to be more dense. It does separate lashes, but it's not the best thing to brush out lumps, if you like the really natural mascara look. The difference between a brush like this and a spoolie is that this reachest between the lashes all the way from the root, brushing through the lashes so they don't appear stuck together, while the spoolie may be better at taking lumps out.
I would give this 4.5, but I think it's a good brush and I would repurchase this If I lost the one I currently have.
I bought this brush from iherb.com. They ship nearly all over the world and they have also lowered their cheapest shipping prize from $6 to $4. If you're a first time customer, you can use my coupon code JUZ808 and get a discount of $5 (if shopping for less than $40) or $10 (if shopping for more than $40).
I also want to say how the code works: if you use it, I get a small percentage of the price you paid. People earn money when you use their code. If you feel strongly negative about this, you can use iherb's own code ABC123, and only iherb will earn money from your buy.

on 1/29/2013 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I snatched this up with my first RealTechniques order, because I've always wanted a metal lash comb. It's a bit cheaper than the ones I could find in stores (Quo, Tweezerman), but I find that it probably doesn't do as good job. The ones I've seen have combs that are finer and sharper, so even though it's easier to injure yourself, they do a better job at separating lashes. The metal prongs on this aren't sharpened at all, so they have trouble getting clumps out of my lashes sometimes. The construction is nice and solid though, much better than the plastic foldaway Tweezerman has.

Overall, not bad, but for the high price, I was expecting something more amazing--after all, you can find the plastic lash combs for a buck, and this was 7 dollars.

Popular Makeup Brushes