October 30, 2014 | 1468 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Lash-Brow Groomer

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2014 1:38:00 AM More reviews by knitknit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This broke soon after I bought it. The plastic needs to be of a higher quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by keiraellie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I highly, highly recommend this product. Truly a must-have.

This is very unique in the lash-groomer. Most are plastic and large ends, making it difficult to comb out the lashes. This groomer are thin, metal combs that perfectly comb out mascara clumps.

The design on this is ingenious. At $6 at Ulta, which usually has buy one get one deals, why are you waiting to buy it?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 4:05:00 AM More reviews by LoreleiK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

bough this for $11.99 in Priceline ( Australia ) and i have to say this is the best lash groomer ever!

best for : defined separated lashes

It actually works! ( unlike those other plastic combs...)
I used to use a needle to separated my lashes cause plastic combs don't seem to ever work. Now, real techniques lash-brow groomer has a spiky comb that resembles a line of tiny needles (now you see why i brought the needle story up) and it truly works wonder at separating and defining eyelashes.

underline : every one should have one of this!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by an0uck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Used to have an Ecotools lash/brow brush, but the plastic teeth broke when dropped accidently or even just washed.

Tried this due to metal comb, and much better. The synthetic bristles on the RT brush are better than the Ecotools one too, they are firmer and do not splay as easily.

Overall very happy with this, have had no problems cleaning it. I guess the plastic cap is a bit hard to get on and off? But its nice to have that hygiene, if you are putting it in a makeup bag.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by ALBA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

What a poorly designed product. I'm very surprised that a makeup artist would put her name to a tool that does not do the job properly.

As the previous reviewer noted, the Tweezerman lash comb is far superior to this.
If you want super fluttery lashes, this will not do the job efficiently because the teeth of the comb are too far apart and do not taper towards the end to catch clumps. I just run it through my lashes with mascara on them and it does nothing at all!

The brow brush is very plastic-like and just picks up any foundation and/or powder that has collected in them. I can imagine that in the design process, they may have thought that it didn't matter what type of bristle was used for brows but a proper bristle (rather than a plastic one) would help create a sheen by spreading any oil in the hair throughout the eyebrow.

I also hate the protective lid on the lash comb. It is fiddly and annoying to remove and replace if you are in a rush and, once again, the Tweezerman comb that folds is far better designed.

What a waste of money this was.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

Not that great.
I had the Sonia Kashuk Metal Eyelash Comb and loved it. It had pointed tips to separate your lashes after applying mascara. It was great until one day I went to clean it and a couple of the metal pieces of the comb fell out. I then threw it out.

For some odd reason this isn't the same and I do notice a difference. I just don't think it's worth $10 to get another SK comb that'll break again. I might have to try the Tweezerman eyelash comb instead...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I wanted a lash brush with metal combs, and I can't find a brand near me that sells them. Since I love RT brushes I ordered one of these online, the brush is purple and black and has a metal lash comb and a brow brush. The metal lash comb is great and the brow brush does the job but it is a little scratchy. The RT Lash&Brow groomer is sturdy though because I own this for 4 months now and it's still in good shape!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

UPDATE:
I have come to really like this. The brush is god, although a little uneven. The metal comb is good enough for me - my mascara doesn't really clump much at all.
END OF UPDATE

I like this. It's not something super-special: the brow brush it plastic and not the best quality - the hairs are cut a little bit uneven. The lash brush is metal and not sharp at all. Some people may like it, while others would like this to be more dense. It does separate lashes, but it's not the best thing to brush out lumps, if you like the really natural mascara look. The difference between a brush like this and a spoolie is that this reachest between the lashes all the way from the root, brushing through the lashes so they don't appear stuck together, while the spoolie may be better at taking lumps out.
I would give this 4.5, but I think it's a good brush and I would repurchase this If I lost the one I currently have.
I bought this brush from iherb.com. They ship nearly all over the world and they have also lowered their cheapest shipping prize from $6 to $4. If you're a first time customer, you can use my coupon code JUZ808 and get a discount of $5 (if shopping for less than $40) or $10 (if shopping for more than $40).
I also want to say how the code works: if you use it, I get a small percentage of the price you paid. People earn money when you use their code. If you feel strongly negative about this, you can use iherb's own code ABC123, and only iherb will earn money from your buy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Xaephan

I snatched this up with my first RealTechniques order, because I've always wanted a metal lash comb. It's a bit cheaper than the ones I could find in stores (Quo, Tweezerman), but I find that it probably doesn't do as good job. The ones I've seen have combs that are finer and sharper, so even though it's easier to injure yourself, they do a better job at separating lashes. The metal prongs on this aren't sharpened at all, so they have trouble getting clumps out of my lashes sometimes. The construction is nice and solid though, much better than the plastic foldaway Tweezerman has.

Overall, not bad, but for the high price, I was expecting something more amazing--after all, you can find the plastic lash combs for a buck, and this was 7 dollars.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by neurosciguy

I mostly just bought this for the metal part for my lashes, and works wonderfully. The bit for the brows I skip on, since I prefer a spooley.