October 20, 2014 | 1919 users online

Lip Treatments - Sally Hansen - Vita-E Lip Soother

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by moonshyne777

I was astounded by the comments of people who payed fifty dollars for this stuff!! I got it from Dollarama for 3 dollars lol.

It's mediocre at best. Feels nice and smooth going on but wears off just minutes later. Overall I wouldn't recommend it or buy it again but I will use it up since I bought it and will let my 5 year old use it as "lipstick" lol.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I saw these in a magazine and they looked cute. Gave them a try, but they are disappointing. The Vanilla scent of this is good without being annoying. I am not fond of the formula. This needs to be applied in several layers. Then on top of it this wears off quickly. Not worth the cost.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 6:12:00 AM More reviews by AreteAndWhimsy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

TLDR: This product is intensely moisturizing, but not protecting in any way. Pair it with something that seals in moisture.

I have been suffering from very dry, chapped lips in the face of our dry Alaskan winter, and none of my usual go-to lip balms or chap sticks were doing the trick. This was on special the last time I was out shopping, and I decided to give it a go. It is definitely a lip treatment, not a lip balm or a chapstick, and for that purpose it works quite well.

The clear packaging is very neat, though it is about twice the diameter of most tubes of chapstick, much more like a tube of lipstick, which just serves to enhance the fact that it is not meant to replace chapstick. The subtle vanilla scent is inoffensive and disappears quickly, and it has little or no taste.

Upon application, it feels intensely moisturizing, very slick and greasy, but not unpleasantly so. I find it absorbs almost completely within a few minutes, and leaves my lips soft and hydrated, with no residue. It has almost no protective qualities, and my lips will feel dry again within twenty minutes unless I seal them, in which case they will stay feeling great all day, and help my other lip products from lip liner, to lipstick, to lipbalm, to chapstick look and work better because my lips are in such better shape.

The first time I used the product, I was rubbing grit off of my lips for almost an hour, and I couldn't figure out why the product was doing something so weird until I looked in the mirror. It was actually all the dead, dry, peeling skin becoming hydrated and coming off. My lips have been silky smooth for days, and I am very happy. I am looking forward to trying the other vitamin blends as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice creamy lip balm that has a subtle vanilla scent. Since it's yellow I expected it to be citrusy but it's still nice. It contains Omegas 3 & 6 plus pomegranate and acai but doesn't have sunscreen. I picked it up on sale at Wags pretty cheap, and there was a store tag attached to it that said the price and the weight, etc, and "$49.90 per ounce." The regular price was $4.99 and it's weight is .10 oz. I never really considered how freaking expensive cosmetics are, since my days of high-end dept store makeup are largely in the past. Have I ever paid fifty bucks for an ounce of anything in my life? Yeah, lip balms, apparently. As much as I like this balm, I certainly don't think it's worth FIFTY FREAKING DOLLARS for one measly ounce. I mean, actual SILVER is only $32 per ounce right now.
Even though it was on sale, I feel kind of duped. I'm definitely going to pay more attention to the actual cost of what I buy. I mean, I do it with food.