LA Splash Enlightened CreamyShadow Base

1.7

on 8/15/2013 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I got this on clearance at Ulta, paid less than $4. Pleasantly surprised; I have issues with dryness and itching; not only does this keep my shadow fresh, it goes on smoothly and doesn't irritate. Perhaps isn't the LONGEST lasting of all primers, but definitely worth using. I have the Highlight, and it's a very soft shimmer, not highly frosted. Can use with either a natural or high-fashion eye look.

on 1/21/2013 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought the smoky base to wear under dark shadows. Waste of money. Had to track it down since my local stores stopped carrying it. Finally got it, it was hard and dry in the container, wasn't terribly pigmented, had to build it up just to have any visible color and had no staying power. My shadow creased terribly and it did not hold the loose shadow I had applied on top in place at all. The glitter had traveled all over my eyes (It was an LASplash loose powder shadow). Waste of money and time.

on 11/14/2012 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

i bought this when i was buying a couple of things directly from la splash online. it seemed like a good idea, a highlighted cream shadow base. i usually use a mac paint pot but figured i'd try something different. big mistake. this stuff was dry-ish rather than creamy in the pan. i applied it but it didn't go on easy. fast forward, by mid day i had major, major creasing. i tried it again over a cream eyeshadow base in a tube (kind of defeats the purpose to have to use a primer to set another primer) anyway, it worked a little better but basically this is a waste for me. i'm not even going to try to use it up. i'll pass it on to someone else who may have better luck. by the way, i got this in highlight shade.