Blistex Relief Cream

4.8

on 1/22/2015 3:52:00 PM

Have been using this since I was little (when it was still called 'Blisteze') and it is the BEST emergency relief product. I say this with authority as I've also used Carmex, Burt's Bees, various Chapsticks / lip balms and Elizabeth Arden 8 hr Cream when I have chapped / dry lips. All rest give much slower relief with less immediate impact. This is my Holy Grail, 5 star prouct which I will never stop repurchasing ❤️

on 11/24/2014 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My go to lip product! Works wonders on chapped lips & looks great alone or over lipstick. I like to put on loads right before bed so I wake up with super soft lips!

Amazing stuff - works so well on really sore chapped cold sore prone lips and a bargain price too. If my lips become really bad which they do quite quickly if the weather changes then this fixes them. The only drawback is that you can't keep it in your pocket as it becomes a bit runny when it's warm.

on 8/5/2014 6:38:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This product is so amazing, it's absolutely my number one Holy Grail for the lips.
My lips are usually dry, most frequently in the winter, plus cold sore prone. This lip cream gives back the moisture of your lips, makes them super soft and very pretty. I have also noticed that my cold sores appear less frequently when applied on a daily basis. Overall, this is a great product and I highly suggest you check it out.

on 3/10/2014 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This stuff is, quite literally, amazing. I have tried so many things. Expensive, cheap, high end... You get the picture, I have tried so many lotions and potions to get my lips to be soft, smooth and lovely. And then I bought Blistex Relief Cream. It's the holy grail of lip treatments, it's a beautiful thing, my lips are now normal, even though I have to apply tea tree oil and benzoyl peroxide to my face everyday for acne, this lip cream keeps my lips soft and lovely. Best. Thing. Ever. I could not live without it.

on 1/22/2014 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is hands-down my absolute number 1, HG lip balm. I don't use this every day, only when my lips are chapped or as a quick lip-mask before I put on matte lipstick or do a proper Hollywood red lip.

It is quite simply amazing! The best lip product at transforming cracked, dry, chapped, split lips quickly. It works better by so much than any other product I've tried (Creme de la Mer, ByTerry, Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream, etc). I use lip balms A LOT and have about 20 on the go at any given time (handbags and coat pockets), as I can't bear to be without one, but if I have lips in need of SOS there is only one product I ever reach and that's this one.

It's creamy and rich and so you can get away with using just a little. However, I also like to use it as a serious lip treatment, by wearing it thickly like a mask (not when I'm going out, when I'm at home, going to bed etc). It has a medicated/menthol scent and can be slightly opaque - but remember this isn't make-up or a fashion accessory, it's for serious lip R&R.

The only bad thing is the packaging, because if you squeeze it a bit too much, then the cream just keeps on coming out and you end up having to screw the top on really quickly to stop it, which gets pretty messy - but that is such a small price to pay for an otherwise amazing product!

P.S. It's also as cheap as chips!

on 9/14/2013 8:13:00 PM

Amazing immediate relief, but dries up your lips in the longer run :-( also the tube gets dirty really quickly- quite unhygienic...

on 8/18/2013 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Amazing lip balm. Hands down the best lip treatment out there. I have extremely dry, chapped and sore lips most of the year and have tried everything out there.
Usually lip balms just make the problem more obvious or just cake my lips in a greasy mess and don't fix the problem or they make it worse. Not this stuff. This actually does everything it says on the packet.

I had extremely dry, chapped lips 2 days ago, put this stuff on, left it on overnight and by morning they were almost completely healed and smooth!

Cannot live without it. I'm so glad I found it.

Took a point off because of the packaging (I wish there was more product in it), the product tends to leak sometimes.

Afterthought: I also tried the Blistex Intensive Moisture lip balm (in a small white/blue tube) and it works too however it leaves too much of a white cast on my lips. The Blistex blue tube with the little blue moisture beads in it smells/tastes nice and it feels moisturising but I get that awful, embarrassing white build up around my lips with it, it's really gross and it only happens with that one.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Don't know how this isn't reviewed more...

It's the best lipbalm on the market, the only thing I find that will sort out chapped sore lips, I also use it most days just to keep my lips in top condition. I actually have two, one for my workdesk and one for my handbag. I find that unlike most lipbalm, it doesn't dry out your lips more which results in having to apply more lipbalm.

Carmex, I'm also a fan of, but in my books would still come second to this product.

I've bought it on repeat for nearly 10 years now which is a testament to this little gem.

Only downside is how is the packaging, especially when it's warm, the lipbalm goes everywhere.

on 6/20/2013 5:06:00 AM

A mixture of dry lips from accutane and my obsessive skin/lip picking I made a complete mess of my lips. They were bleeding and chapped constantly. I tried so many lip products to try and repair them but nothing was working. I decided to buy this. It's a small tube and it's annoying the way it's packaged but after applying it every hour for the first day(I read to do that online) then throughout the next few days when i remembered, I'm here 3 days later with a significant improvement. It's made a massive difference I'm so happy. It does sting when you first use it but it calms down.