August 21, 2014 | 1696 users online

Lips - Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics - Lip Tar - Pretty Boy

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by u2smg

I LOVE this product and this particular color. It's a GREAT pink, and the color STAYS. The formula does separate, so I find I have to shake it up a lot if I haven't used it in a while, but that's my only complaint.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by KatieRoxx

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'll try some more with this product, but at this point, I don't think I would purchase any additional colors. There's certainly no need to purchase a 2nd of the same color as it will clearly take forever to use it up. A small dab the size of a pin head is more than enough to cover lips and the vibrancy/high pigmentation is really nice.

The problem is you definitely need to condition your lips with the primer first. And unless you exfoliate your lips a lot, in the dead of winter, even very slightly chapped or dry lips just won't work well with the lip tar - it just brings more attention to the dry patches on your lips. It's also essential to line your lips before applying this stuff - and make sure it is a good, solid lipliner that you use before applying the lip tar. If not, you risk some major feathering and bleeding outside of your natural lip line - and it's bad! I have never had feathering with ANY conventional lipstick or gloss I have used, but this stuff will feather like crazy unless you use a very sharp and solid lipliner first.

While there is some visible color left on the lips even hours later, it actually does rub off on a variety of surfaces. When slightly wet, this stuff has ended up on my teeth (don't open your mouth until it's fully dry). Even after you think it's fully dry, it still winds up transferring onto things - especially if you eat, drink from a bottle or cup, or smoke.

OCC certainly has lots of nice colors available in this line, but the transferring onto teeth, skin and various surfaces may just keep me from every trying another.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Colour me disappointed! I got the OCC base and the lip tar in Pretty Boy as it was the closest shade to Guerlain Champs Elysees, which is the shade I want to wear to my daughter's wedding but I wanted something considerably longer lasting. I had the SA at Sephora apply these to me so I could do a "test run" - walking through the mall, grabbing a latte at Second Cup - normal daily activities. Well, the lip tar was GONE after my coffee. I thought maybe she had put on too much of the clear base so when I got back to my car, I wiped my lips and started again with my own lip tar (I skipped the base this time). Again, the lasting power just wasn't there - the colour was gone in a fairly short time. I don't understand what I am doing wrong. This colour is beautiful but where is this legendary long-lasting colour for which I thought OCC's lip tars were famous? I'm going to give it one more try and if things don't improve, I'm returning both products. At $22 (CDN) each, they're not all that expensive, though $44 is a bit steep and it's really a lot to spend for something that doesn't seem to want to last on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by shanty

I have just recently discovered lip tars and I am definately fascinated with them. The pigmentation is phenomenal. It's ultra lightweight and vibrant, which are usually two things that don't tend to go together. I LOVE pretty boy. It's VERY bright so be forewarned, but I love it. I also find that the dryness levels depend on specific colours (not too sure why) but some of the lighter/paler colours I find are noticeably more drying than the vibrant or deeper colours. Pretty boy is pretty good in the non-drying department as far as the lip tars go, and has pretty decent staying power (again, i find this varies with colour). However, for something with the word "tar" in it, I was hoping for slightly better staying power.

It is tricky to apply beause of the insane pigmentation and general drying effect, so exfoliation, lip balm, and lip liner are all a must for these products. It is a bit of a production as far as lip colour goes (I like to swipe and run) so extra buffer time in the morning is required. I also have to clean the lip brush after every use of the colour ends up everywhere on the inside of the package (again, due to the insane pigmentation there is also a lot of smearable colour left on the brush).

The lip sets are a steal (5 for $59 CAD vs. $22 each) so try to grab this in the V2.0 pro pick set if you can. They're small but only the tiniest amount is needed so these will definately last me 12 mo +.

In any case, LOVE pretty boy. One of my favourites from the Pro V1.0 and V2.0 sets.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by mizsockmonkey

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Received this as part of the Pro Picks set for Christmas. Let me preface by saying I don't usually wear bright lip colors. Pretty Boy is a bright-bright-bright '80s pink, bordering on fuchsia. I don't own any colors like it - but I'm glad I own this one. It's definitely for a more costumey, night-out look, applied full strength. Which is great. For something more restrained, I prefer to sheer it out with a bit of clear gloss, which gives the most lovely pink. This product is really versatile, applies well, and when applied on its own has great staying power.