July 28, 2014 | 1037 users online

Mascara - Origins - GinZing Brightening Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by kissdora

It makes my eyelashes stick together instead of looking thicker and not water-proof at all!!! Hate it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by goodie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive eyes and I wear contacts. This mascara feels great and looks great, too. No need for me to keep searching! I love Origins and this mascara is their best!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by susiej

A nice enough mascara- not a wonder product or HG but pleasant enough.

I like the big fat tube ~(to accommodate the big fat brush) it makes you feel you are getting a lot more for your money when the product is substantial. The brush is a traditional spooley fibre one (not rubbery) but it is quite wide. This can makes things a little awkward when you apply. For the first week or so I made a real mess of my eyes applying with it because you need to be careful and make allowances for the size.

The mascara promises to 'lengthen and lift' I think it does a good to average job. I am not bowled over by the results but nor could I say I was disappointed.

It removes reasonably easily with water and doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes.

The reason it hasn't received a higher rating from me is that mascara technology has really come a long way in the last decade or so and you can buy innovative, cheaper products from a lot of the drugstore brands. So it is difficult to justify the cost unless it delivers something special.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by brighteyes22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Didn't do anything for my lashes. Not impressed with the formula. The brush seemed almost scratchy. Final straw was the fact that when I wore it, my eyes burned and were itchy. I have tried a zillion different mascaras and can honestly say that has never happened. Will not repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

I love this mascara! Along with being paraben free and not tested on animals, it actually works! I bought this after seeing a review with photos. I really saw the improvements in the photo, but I thought it was an isolated case. Not so! I got the same results after purchase of my own tube of this mascara.

The brush is rather large with really soft bristles. This makes the brush very different than what is out on the market right now, sparse plastic bristles. I find that this mascara is super dark and really does a great job on top lashes. It is A PUSH UP BRA! On the lower lashes, the brush is hard to maneuver due to size. Even the Origins sales person had a hard time getting my lower lash line.

However, I do love how big it makes your lashes look. Very full and long! It was really impressive on me.

So, yes I do recommend this mascara. It gives you those natural luscious lashes. It isn't that clumpy lash look, if you are going for that. Will probably repurchase, if I don't see anything better. Price was around $15.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by SheGlowsPale

I keep coming back to this one! Which is impressive because I barely ever repurchase a mascara, since there is a million to choose from and they are all very similar realistically. But this one is different. It's mega soft (so soft I can actually reapply it mid day and not get a clumpy spidery mess) but while so soft it's the only mascara that lifts my lashes and KEEPS them lifted. It's like a "bra for your lashes". I didn't like the big brush at first but I don't care anymore it makes such a lush difference in my lashes like no other mascara I've used (screw you diorshow, you're really not that impressive.) I'm never going to stop buying new mascaras but I will always have this on hand for when my lashes need to look perfect.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by rebeccapang

I wish it came in waterproof not because it smudges or anything, in fact it stay on for a long time with no smudges, but I do want waterproof version so it will hold the curl. Originz claim their products are natural but this one contains some unsafe ingredients: Urea, PVP and other ones I cant quite remember. Overall I like it because its safer than most other mascaras out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by rolltide17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like that this mascara is made sans parabens, but other than that, it didn't stick out too much to me and wasn't better than any $7 or $8 drugstore mascara. The brush itself is very large and full, and I have short lashes so that didn't work out the greatest. The formula itself was very good and I didn't find clumping to be a problem. Overall I think this is a decent mascara, but not really worth the price. I bought one more tube a while back but I think I will revert back to cheaper alternatives after I'm done using that up (broke college student here:(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by chihuaualover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS MASCARA. After using Lush's mascara and being disappointed I went on a search for a new mascara that is not tested on animals. I finally came across Origins. I am in love! I love the big tube (much different from the Lush's tiny tube) and I LOVE the brush itself. It separates my lashes without clumps. Holds my curl pretty well, not amazingly however.This mascara washes off easily with soap and water, no need to use makeup remover.

I have been using this for one month and plan on buying it forever. Worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Ebecks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lovely mascara. I have long full lashes so I normally just put one coat on and it's perfect for my "no makeup, makeup" days. I have sensitive eyes and I have had no issues with this mascara. Lovely natural looking mascara.