February 27, 2015 | 1641 users online

Eye Primer - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals Prime Time Eyelid Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2015 8:18:00 PM More reviews by AmoryBlaine

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This does help keep eyeshadow on if you have oily lids. The problem is that something about the formula made my eyes look really crepey - the skin on my lids looked ten years older when I used the product. Maybe if you're super dewy and young, it's not a problem, but for gals over 30, this does not seem to be the most flattering product out there. (Smashbox's primer is much kinder to older eyes.)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2015 6:53:00 PM More reviews by annabelmarie

This product is amazing because it's shimmery which means that you can use it simply as an eyeshadow on school days for instance as it brightens up your eye or as a base for eyeshadow which keeps it on all day and doesn't crease or go greasy :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2015 6:52:00 PM More reviews by crystalopal

Gone are the days of smudged liner! I don't know if I could call my self a connoisseur of liquid eye liner but I've used a fair share. Even the best liner would get smudged on my lids because of the way that my eyelid folds. Also, my lids get pretty oily. Well all of that's in the past because of this fantastic primer. It goes on really smooth and dries in a second flat. Once it's on you can see that it's completely translucent. It pretty much mattifies the eyelid so you can put on liner or shadow easier. The best part is that it makes your eye makeup last ALL DAY without smudging! This is truly an HG product for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Jenferjen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best eye lid primer for oily eyelids. I also use it on my nose. It's got just enough tint & stops eyeliner & eyeshadow from creasing & disappearing too! I like to wear it alone too to tone down my pinkish veins in my lids & in the sides of my nose. By far worth the cost.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2014 8:12:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Bare Minerals now offers several formulations of eye primer. The one I like is the newest one (out in 2014) that is less "glittery" - more matte. Applies easily and helps shadow to last a longer time withour creasing or smearing.

I like this eye primer better than Smashbox but not as well as the original BeautiControl "shadow control cream" which is sadly d/c'ed. (Dag-nabbit!)

A good product but test several formulae (go to the Bare Minerals/Bare Escentuals store if you can) as the older formula is sparkly.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 4:33:00 AM More reviews by lexeelayne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have the sample size of this and can BY FAR say this is my all time favorite eye primer. NO CREASES at all. Primer potion by UD will crease on me by about 6 hours in the day. This doesn't budge. At all. Great for oily eyelids buy this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I have several of these in different shades, but the original is the best. the others have too much glitter and I can't stand it. they all have the same staying power and do not crease. One of the best primers out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 3:26:00 AM More reviews by Valwaldroup

Loved it it brightened up my eyes and stayed on great! No creasing looked amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Sheoak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This silky eye shadow primer applies smoothly and evenly to the eyelid, I only use a small amount. It has a soft beige/peach tint which provides a perfect "brightening" base without shimmer (can be used alone if you're in a hurry or after an ultra-natural look). It really grabs the eye shadow so I pat colour on before blending.

I find it gives me the confidence to use eye shadow as eye liner without worrying that it is going to head south. I love that there is no creasing, fading or loss of vibrancy, and my eye shadow designs stay exactly where I put them, all day. It's also very reasonably priced, comes in a cute little tube and can be dispensed hygienically.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 6:36:00 AM More reviews by aelskar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product!

Without this my eyeshadow always creases after not even half an hour.

With this primer, it stays put all day with no crease in sight!

The Brightening Pearl shade has a slight shimmer which looks great on it's own for a subtle look.