July 31, 2014 | 1939 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Vent Glace Duo

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by waters2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this duo. The shadows are soft, but not as soft as some of NARS shadows,especially the metallic shadows, which don't stay on the lid. The frosty silver/white side is sheer but goes well with many colors I have in my shadow collection. There are no chunks of glitter or sparkle. The beige side is a taupe-beige with green undertones that complements the white side. The shades are subtle but stand out. Have repurchased already as a gift.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Lexus95

I never used bright / light colors in the past, until I saw how they could enhance and brighten eyes as I saw in my favorite beauty blog, Front Row Beauty.

I use the silver-ish color around the inner corner of my eyes and the green one on the other. The particles don't fall as some other ones and have nice icy, pearly, subtle sheen. To define my eyes further, I need darker eyeshadow (usually Velvet from Christian Dior mono eye shadow).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was intrigued by this duo because it seemed like such an odd combination of cool and warm hues. What's truly odd is not the icy white silver part of the duo, (which, admittedly, isn't all that unique) but the washed out, greenish grey/beige that defies adequate description in words - you really have to see it in person. This desaturated sage has a touch of shimmer, although not as shimmery as the silver shade, so it yields a satiny finish on the lids. Both shades apply nicely and are well-pigmented, and they work beautifully together. I've been using MAC Rosemary and Thyme (olive green) and YSL's Ashy Black (charcoal grey) liners in lieu of darker colors like chocolate or black for fear that anything too dark will ruin the lovely subtle effect of these two shades together. I've been wearing pale peach on cheeks and lips with this duo, but I could see it working with nude/beige shades or if you wanted to go bold, plum lips.
I truly love this duo - an innovative pairing of versatile colors with great texture and pigmentation. What's not to like?

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No