Dermasil Labs Dry Skin Treatment Original Lotion

4.8

Water, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, Stearic Acid, Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Acetate, Acetylated Lanolin, Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Lecithin, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Cholesterol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Carbomer, Peg-40 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Prunus Amygoalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Ethylene Brassylate, Santalium Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, Stearmide Amp, Disodium Edta, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, and Dmdm Hydantoin

on 2/8/2015 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been suffering far too long with itchy excema-ish skin on my face, legs, arms. And anywhere else it likes to itch and pop up. Even my underarms. Well I have to tell you I have tried so many lotions, and most of them actually cause more irritation and don't heal my skin. This has been halting the itching and healing my skin both. I feel an itchy area and if I don't think it is going to stop itching I apply this (sometimes I use cold water on the area first with a paper towel then dry it), then put this on the spot. It kills the itch and doesn't cause irritation or flaking. I haven't yet been brave enough to use it on my face. I have been using the Dermasil bar soap on my face and it is fairly moisturizing and also seems to reduce excema and bacteria very well. My excema is 90% better after having found these 2 items and I have only been using them for a week and a half. Highly recommend this lotion. I use the regular or original Dermasil, not the nite or day with retinol and other ingredients. I have read negative reviews on those and don't particularly like retinols as I really don't need to keep having my face peel as it is constantly trying to do that on its own. Go get this lotion. It is great for itching and dry skin. It dries completely and is not greasy at all. maybe eventually Ill get brave enough to try it on my face and will write a review if I do try that. Update: This is wonderful for the body where itching is going on. I do not recommend putting this on your face. I put it on and within less than 5 minutes I had a fairly large blistery bump that came from a small scratched area. I washed my face right away and took aspirin and it didn't get worse but took a couple days to "die down". I think the sandalwood cream may be too strong for soft skin.

on 1/26/2015 8:03:00 PM

I decided to try this based on the reviews here. I was not disappointed! As the other reviewers noted, this is an inexpensive, non-greasy, highly moisturizing lotion. I am prone to breakouts from lotion, even if I don't use it on my face, and I've used this successfully off and on for a week with no breakouts. Makes my skin sooo silky soft. My hands were really dry and chapped here in the New England winter and now they are downright smooth. I put it on my feet at night with socks for my dry heels and it did just as good of a job, if not better, than Aquaphor. And all for $1! I gave this a 4 instead of a 5 simply because I do not care for the smell of roses which it really does smell of the first several minutes you put it on. I do recommend!

on 12/25/2014 10:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

very good lotion. i use this alll the time, when i got a new tattoo i used this lotion on it and it didnt irritate it. and it doesnt irritate my sensitive skin

on 6/30/2014 8:35:00 AM

I was walking around Dollar Tree yesterdau and found this in the beauty aisle. I know my cousin uses this on her face so I decided to put some on my hand and walk around just to test it out. It dried sooo quick and my hand felt so smooth and "alive" for like the first time ever! I went back to the beauty aisle and picked up two. I decided to keep one at home and take the other to work with me since I work at the front desk of a dentist and my hands always look dry at work. I came home and took a shower, right after I put this Dermasil stuff all over! (face, arms, legs, feet, hands) It soaked in almost instantly! My body felt soo comfortable. I will continue to buy this from Dollar Tree for only $1!!!!!!! This stuff is the only thing I use now, I will recommend this to everyone!

on 5/14/2014 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

well, well, well ... i've seen it so many times at the dollar tree, yet never thought to try it. i dont think i am a snob, just never thought that anything for 1$ could be really beneficial for my dry and sensitive skin.
i have plenty of lotions specifically for dry and very dry skin - by eucerin, amlactin, etc. they are all very thick and take some time to absorb, so they are not really useful for daytime or when you are in a hurry. still, we are kind of trained to think that only the thickest of lotions/creams can relieve dry, itchy, irritated skin. right? wrong
i finally tried this cheap gem and wow - it absorbs almost immediately, leaves no oily residue and to me smell delicious. i love roses and this very subtle rose smell works very well for me. even if you dont care for roses, the smell is so subtle and dissapears so quickly, it should not keep your from trying dermasil. at least it is not even close to be offensive like amlactin, which smells of piss and rotten eggs. but it works, so people deal with it :)
an 8oz bottle does not have a pump, which is a plus. dont like pumps as they often get clogged, expecially if you dont use the product daily. the top closure is also very secure, so the bottle can travel with you, if there are no size/weight restrictions.
i also like the shape of the bottle. it is not too big, and rather flat. again, easy to pack in your overnight bag.
i rated it 4, because though it is not at all sticky on my hands/feet, it is rather sticky as a face lotion. i do not use foundation primers, as i use bb creams which are primers in themselves. for those of you who use primers, maybe the fact that dermasil lotion is sticky, will make foundation adhere nicely.
in any case, either as a face or a body lotion, this is a wonderful product. and the price cannot be more right.
look, amlactin (as wonderful as it is) is like $20 for a small bottle at duane & reade. sure, it has alpha-hydroxy, still this is a crazy price. in fact, prices on everything at drug stores are getting sky-high. luckily, there are still bargains to be uncovered. thanks to you - mua guys

on 2/8/2014 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Given as a gift and it does not disappoint. Ah, sweet mystery of life at last, I have found you! This is THE perfect lotion for dry skin, including the face. It's so hard to find a lotion that works well with my sensitive skin and I believe it's what I've been looking for. Usually I break out in hives or rashes, but Dermasil Labs Dry Skin Treatment is quite the exception. The smell isn't too off-putting for me compared to most other lotions. It's a mild, rosy-almost baby wipe scent (maybe due to the sandalwood oil?). I use this on my face, elbows, hands, etc. I'm so excited I've found the lotion that works for me!

on 1/28/2014 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have dry skin, it runs in my family, and have struggle to keep the dryness at bay. This works well for me, it hydrates my skin and I have not suffered from adverse effects. I recommend this baby to anyone suffering from dry skin and other skin ailments such as eczema.

on 1/28/2014 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this yesterday @ the dollar tree & i love it! I was just shopping around with my little girl & when i got to the checkout to pay, i paid 4 my stuff & as i was standing there i asked the guy to just add the lotion on as it was sitting on the checkout counter. Well one of the things it says on the bottle is it relieves the itching assosioated with dry skin. My husband has the worst case of that on his legs, so i thought i will get it for him to try out. Got home, had him use it & he loved it! Not greasy @ all, hardly no scent-if any, sinks in right away yet relieved his symptoms. What more could u ask 4? And do u know what girls? This also has 1% dimethicone as the ONLY active ingredient...OK, for all u girls who use Monistat Chafing Gel as a primer for ur face, this would also work for that as well. Monistat Chafing
Gel has 1.2% dimethicone in it. This has 1%. There is a slight difference, as the MCG has .2 % more, but come on, it's only .2% & would work in a pinch. So, in totality, this is become my HG wonder-all.Use it as a lotion, and use it under my makeup. This is a great primer under ur makeup, doesnt leave ur makeup looking greasy...what more could u ask for? Oh, as 4 the flip top, i like it. It's different, and would be better as a pump, but if it was, i couldnt put it in my bag. So cant take off a lippie 4 that, i can carry it anywhere without worring about it leaking.

on 1/20/2014 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

My mom purchased this for me at the dollar tree. I have very sensitive dry combination skin and this works wonders on my face. I use every night after washing my face and my skin is soft in the morning. It also relieves my itchy dry skin on my arms and legs.

on 10/1/2013 6:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

It really does work as amazing as everyone here says, but the scent is not my favorite. I really hate the term "Old lady" but this has a scent that most people mean when they use that hurtful term: It's a sweet, sticky powdery rose scent. Thankfully it fades away quickly, but if I use this near my face, it really annoys me. But it's a fabulous moistureizer for rough skin, especially elbows and feet and it doesn't leave a grease film. And cheap as dirt. Gotta love it.