October 30, 2014 | 1130 users online

Concealers - Everyday Minerals - Carnauba Concealer

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2013 6:05:00 AM More reviews by HappyUnicornSmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased the 3 piece carnauba concealer kit. The kit came with a light concealer, a medium concealer, a green concealer, and a concealer brush.

It was nice that the kit came with different color choices. That's the only redeeming quality I can think of.

The coverage is aweful; it doesn't cover blemishes, acne scars, or discoloration at all. The colors are chalky, and do not melt into the skin. The tiny little jars they come in are aweful. There is no room to swirl a concealer brush and top of excess properly in the lids of the containers, and it takes forever to get a good amount of product out of the containers. I have to sit there and tap on the backs of the containers while turning them upside down to get product to fall out of them for a while before I get enough product out that I can use. The colors for the light and medium concealers may be light and medium in shade, but they are not once-size-fits-all when it comes to matching people's undertones. The concealer brush that came with this kit has bristles that are so soft and flexible that I can't stipple concealer on, or pat concealer on. In a word, I would describe the bristles as too "flimsy". I can spread/buff concealer on with the brush, but I prefer not to apply concealer this way because the product goes on too shear. That is especially the case with these concealers, because the coverage is horrible to begin with.

I now use the brush occasionally for eyeshadow and applying powder to my eyebrows. I cannot use the concealers for anything; they are utterly useless. I don't know what I'm going to do with them now. I truly regret buying this kit, and if I could take that decision back, I would. It was a waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by alynnn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this in fair, and I am very disappointed. I would return it, but it was only $8 so not really worth the time and effort. It is very yellowish, and is too dark for my skin. I think this will only work for fair to light people with yellow skin tones. I frequently go with just a bit of under-eye concealer on my good skin days, but I would NEVER be able to get away with just this concealer since it does not mask my skin at all and it does not cover my under-eye circles.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by galinab

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

That's it - I'm done with Everyday Minerals.
Their formulas are changed and regretfully from great to awful, price is way UP, sizes are tiny, but it doesn't really matter as everything from my last order will go to the garbage.
Too sad, they used to be pretty good. I wonder if EM management/ownership has changed, the last 2-3 orders - maybe for 6-9 months are really, really disappointing...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

This powder contained carnauba wax, which I love. As long as I learned there are powder that contains oil or wax, I want to try it out immediately.
This product did not disappointment me, no powdery/chalky look, natural skin like finish. It comes in 3 shades, fair/medium/sage. I bought medium at first but find it a bit too warm for me NC30/35, so I re-purchase Fair, which suits better to cover the sun spots.
This is not a high pigmented full coverage concealer, afterall, its a powder, not an oil based concealer. But boy, does it ever brightens the skin, without shimmer/sheen. I can even used it as a foundation, but don't judge the result right away, give it about 5 minutes to settle down on the skin.
It is a bit on the expensive side in EM terms, $8 in the EM's mini container, will re-purchase.