November 26, 2014 | 1796 users online

Mascara - Sephora - Outrageous Volume - Dramatic Volume Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Beautybykatie08

I bought this because I asked one of the workers at sephora for the best waterproof mascara and she told me this one. And they have a non waterproof and waterproof, I obvi got the waterproof. I think that the mascara wand is made poorly because SO much product comes off your wand. I solved this by wiping the excess off on a tissue before using it. Though I'd rather not! I like how the packaging looks and it when it closes it kind of clicks close which I like. It is VERY black. Which I'm not sure is good or bad?? I have fair skin and super blonde so it can look harsh. This is a mascara I would use first to hold a curl and put a better one over it. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by lauren97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My stepdad bought this mascara for my
mom for $15. She tried the mascara and found that when she applied it, it left mascara on her eyelids. So, she gave the mascara to me.

I figured she'd had those problems because she has hooded eyes (probably because she's 42), and her eyelashes touch her eyelid anyway. I didn't think the same thing would happen to me, being that my eyes are not very hooded and I have better application techniques; however I was wrong.

The wand is pitiful. Its flimsy, short bristles do nothing to help separate lashes. In fact, the wand actually helps clump lashes due to the wide, nearly unbristled wand collecting excessive and uneven amounts of product. I also wound up getting product on my eyelid because I was unable to see the bristles and how close they were to my lid.

The formula is sticky. I noticed in other reviews that many were complaining about the formula being too wet. I did not encounter this, however the formula dried sticky and clumped lashes as it was applied.

I applied two coats, and while it does have good color, provide length, and (to my surprise) even slightly curled my uncurled lashes, the volume was way too much. It thickened and lumped together my lashes to the point of almost spider lashes. They would barely unclump when I used a lash comb. It also flaked BEFORE IT WAS DRY. It created little specks of mascara on my lashes on the first coat! The only really GOOD thing about this mascara is how easy it is to get off.

Honestly, I have drugstore mascaras way better than this one, and they give me beautiful lashes. This product is awful and I promise I will never buy this mascara again; especially not for $15! Stay away from this mascara!

Pictures:

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is definitely one of the worst mascaras I've ever tried. I got a sample of this and threw it out after one use, it was so bad. The brush is terrible - it's like a paddle, the bristles are so flat. Because of that, there's no separation and your lashes clump up. The formula is gloppy too, so it's just an all-round mess.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

I'm not a fan of this mascara.

Was weird to apply, really clumpy and heard gave my lashes any length.

Won't be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Kjameyson

I LOVE this mascara. Only one I use I buy over and over again. Yes, it gets flakey sometimes. But if you replace every 3 months as you should with ANY mascara..it is perfect. I have shorter, blond eyelashes that look incredibly lengthy and black with this. Wonderful color and wonderful product. A must.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I recently got Outrageous Volume mascara & I'm was thoroughly upset & let down by it. Understand that I was definitely interested in it & although it isn't the worst mascara I've used, if I ran out or lost this product, I wouldn't buy it again. It has its ups & downs.

Pros:
The colour (I have 01 Black) is a deep, true colour. The mascara does what the name says; it's good for the volume & length! I like the brush & how it curved/curled my eyelashes & I also liked the long, thick, "falsie" look I got from using it. Finally, it does last all day... after the flaking stops.

Cons:
This mascara is ridiculously flaky! Sad to say, this mascara flaked something awful & began to be painful! It left my eyes red & irritated. A day later, my eyes were still red! What's even sadder: "Tested under ophthalmological control, this mascara was found suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers." What ophthalmologist?! As a woman who both has sensitive eyes & wears contacts, this was important to me.

Next, the thin (almost watery) formula. Because of the gloopy consistency, it's messy. Lastly, this mascara takes too long to set & for a few minutes after applying, my eyelashes literally felt wet & "weighed down," if that makes sense; although the mascara is thin, it's really easy to over-apply & clump up your lashes.

More than anything else, the excessive flaking upset me because I don't wear contacts for cosmetic reasons or just to wear them; I wear them because need to see & I just can't risk having itchy, irritated eyes. Eye infections are not an option for me. In spite of my bad experience, I'm going to try it once or twice more with my contacts & a few without just to be fair & to see if I can work with it or if I can wear it underneath another mascara. Even though I'm not too pleased, because of the cost ($15 or 16), I don't just want to throw it away. I'll post results & keep you all updated!

UPDATE #1 - I tried it again both before & after putting my contacts in & it still burned & irritated my eyes
UPDATE #2 - I tried it without contacts & the same redness, itchiness, & irritation occurred

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Jen283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this mascara because I was in Sephora, needed a mascara, and I like high-impact, lots-of-volume on my lashes, since I pretty much never wear falsies.

As far as the brush, it is alright, but every time I pull it out of the tube I have to wipe off the clumps on the brush.

I can usually get nice volume with minimal clumps with this mascara, just because I've been doing it for years.

HOWEVER:
9 times out of 10 when I use this, this product takes forever to dry... and since I do my eyes last, I get dots on my lid and under my eye! It's so annoying to have to go back and fix my shadow/concealer.

Overall: there are drugstore mascaras that do the same thing for a cheaper price, but that actually dry quickly and don't end up on my lids/under my eyes. I would not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by mccarla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this mascara for $15 on a whim. The packaging (which is bulky, but "plush") caught my eye. I typically prefer to use multiple mascaras to complete my look, so I assumed I'd use this as a step-two mascara, after a coat of a lengthening formula. For testing purposes, I applied one coat to bare lashes and was easily able to catch the shorter corner lashes. I found the brush to be very similar to Benefit's They're Real! which is my all-around favorite mascara.

I let the first coat dry for about 45 seconds before applying a second. I didn't experience clumping or "spider eyes." In fact, I was able to use this mascara without a lash comb, which is a rarity for me. I had very little product on my eyelid afterward. After two coats, my lashes were definitely voluminous. A third coat tipped the scale into outrageous and I'm in love. The mascara holds a curl and I didn't have any problems with flaking throughout the day.

I can't say it's cheap, but it's cheaper than They're Real! and I'm loyal to mascaras that can deliver that kind of drama on their own. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by lisamarie11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best Mascara I have ever used. I am always on the look out for the newest and best mascara that can make my lashes long. This is the one for that. I normally don't pay over $10 for mascara but I had to try this and I'm glad I did.. it was worth the $20 I spent. It makes your lashes full and lengthy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

If clumpy spider lashes are your thing, then this is a great mascara. If you're hoping for voluminous yet well defined lashes, this one isn't for you! I fall into the latter camp, so I'm not really wild about this one. It delivers good thickness, plus length if you work at it, but it'll look pretty cakey unless you blot the mascara wand after every dip in the tube or make good use of a lash comb.

The way the tube and brush are designed, there's going to be a lot of excess product on your brush as your pull it out. You can try to scrape it along the sides of the tube, but that creates a mess too. I'm not crazy about the brush design. It has short, fine plastic bristles that are positioned in stripes down the length of the brush head. There are dead zones were there aren't any bristles and those are the places excess product loves to hide. Using it on the lower lashline can be particularly tricky.

I do like though that this mascara is very black, long wearing and doesn't flake. A lot of heavy volume mascaras can leave my under eye area dusted with black debris by the end of the day but this doesn't. It's not waterproof, but I don't have a problem with it smudging during the day. Even if my eyes water, it resists running so long as I don't touch my eyes.

I wouldn't repurchase this, but I don't think it's a bad mascara. It just produces a style of lashes that I don't really favor.