Dove Style+Care Nourishing Curls Whipped Cream Mousse

4.2

on 8/1/2015 9:01:00 PM

I have used this product going on two years. I have continued to use it because every time I hope to find a better product , I am unhappy, and send my hubby to the store to grab this mouse. Then I don't try again until that can runs out.
It is better than good but I feel certain there are better options. I like that my hair feel silky after blow drying. The volume is medium. I don't find my hair feels dried out after long term use.
It is the better side of a goid mousse. No more.
I am on makeup alley right now researching better options for volume. I recently got a shorter invented bob cut, I need height!

on 6/29/2015 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. I have fine, straight hair that has thinned as I've aged. This product gives my hair great body. It does feel rather greasy coming out of the nozzle. But don't let that alarm you. It does not feel greasy after application and blow drying. I hope they keep making this!!

on 6/19/2015 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

NO. Not for my wimpy 2A2B wavy thin hair. It has soooo much slip and feels very heavy. I also do not like the scent. I've tried to work with it and it is ok for a short time and then my hair just wilts quickly so it does not hold my style very long at all. Does not fight frizz. Not a fan. I am going to try this Suave mousse everyone raves about.

PROS: I LOVE this product for my very fine, dry-ends, weak-curls hair. Thank you so much to those who had taken the time to post reviews for this. I probably would not have tried it, otherwise. This activates my very weak curls, and it leaves no crunch. (If any does remain after air drying, I can run my fingers through, and the crunch is gone, WITHOUT destroying the curl or making the ends go frizzy.) I have very fine hair that this does not weigh down, even though I apply it throughout my hair, from root to ends. It smells nice, not overpowering.(I'm very sensitive to smells and cannot use brands like "Pantene" because of allergies.) It leaves a softness, lessening frizz, while still not being heavy on my hair or weighing my curls down. Inexpensive for the great quality.

CONS: I don't have one. If you don't like a mousse that is somewhat nourishing, you may prefer something else, like Suave's mousse for curly hair with the green cap.

APPLICATION TIPS: I apply this from roots to ends. I do try to apply a little more lightly than I would with some products, because a small amount will go a long way.

ALTERNATES: Tresemme Undone Sea Foam is nice too (but doesn't activate my curls quite as much and does not define them as much.)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've been using this product a pretty long time- I think I'm on my 3rd or 4th can of it at this point. I realized recently...I don't actually like this stuff.

Maybe it used to work better on my hair and just stopped. But lately, when I put it onto my short, color-treated, fine-with-a-bit-of-wave hair it gets so HEAVY. It doesn't really define or enhance my waves. It doesn't leave your hair crunky, but I've noticed that my scalp feels sticky when I wear it.

I think this would work well if you've got thicker hair that needs a little extra conditioning with your styling product. Like a lot of Dove products, it has a lovely scent. I think my hair just doesn't like it anymore :-(

on 2/10/2015 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The look and consistency is reminiscent of whipped cream and it offers good curl definition without any crunchiness or stickiness. It smells very nice and controls frizz decently. My only problem with it is that there is no hold. I might have to combine it with a gel to get the hold I need as my curls start to droop at the end of the day with this if I don't. I use about a golf ball size for my long hair. This is affordable too. I love to use it on lazy days when I don't feel like using a bunch of products. It keeps the volume in my hair but doesn't give much shine. It should be perfect for those with fine to medium textured hair.

on 12/12/2014 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for a long time and I love it, but the last time I bought it the mousse was thinner and runnier. Maybe it was on the shelf to long? I hope the next one is thicker,we'll see.

on 12/4/2014 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't have curly hair but I love this mousse! I have fine and straight hair, and was looking for a mousse that would give me a bit of volume and control for my hair that tends to be flat and kind of fly all over the place because the strands are fine and lightweight. I stumbled upon this and grabbed it because of its 2 out of 5 hold rating - I hate mousses that feel sticky and gummy in your hair! This stuff is so different though - when you put it in your hands and rub them together so you can distribute the product in your hair, it doesn't just kind of dissolve into air like most mousses - it sort of melts into a lotion like texture. It feels a little sticky at this point but when you run it through your hair it melts right in and feels like styling lotion rather than mousse. (A warning though, a little goes a long way! Too much can feel kind of greasy in your hair even once it's dry.) Once I've blowdryed my hair, it has a really noticeable amount of extra volume and even a bit of extra manageability, but it does not feel like I have product in my hair AT ALL. I can run my fingers through and it feels like there's no product whatsoever, but I can see a big difference in volume. Totally in love with this stuff and I'll definitely repurchase!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I ran out of my other dove mousse and picked this up by accident. I really don't like it. I usually use dove amplifier mousse just to give my hair some volume and give it a little control so when I blow dry and flat iron my hair it will remain the way I want it to and this mousse doesn't seem to do that at all. I find it to be really thick and sticky. I read a lot of reviews where people say it takes some time to figure out how to apply this mousse correctly but seriously...it's mousse... It shouldn't have to be that difficult to use such a simple hair product. I have naturally wavy/ fine medium length hair and have never been able to find a product that would allow me to get that "scrunched look" and this did it without me ever trying to accomplish that look at it didn't leave it crunchy once it dried...that's about the only positive thing I can say about this product. I don't hate it but I didn't love it either. Probably more for people with naturally curly/ wavy hair that would like to just apply some product and go.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Best mousse ever...just bought it last week & am so happy with it...my hair is baby fine & has some waves...put it in my hair & can let it dry or blow dry it & my hair comes out so nice...it does not make my hair sticky....Thank You for Dove for making this whipped cream mousse...

Popular Styling Products