August 29, 2014 | 962 users online

Styling Products - Dove - Nourishing Curls Whipped Cream Mousse

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by missjolene204

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I ran out of my other dove mousse and picked this up by accident. I really don't like it. I usually use dove amplifier mousse just to give my hair some volume and give it a little control so when I blow dry and flat iron my hair it will remain the way I want it to and this mousse doesn't seem to do that at all. I find it to be really thick and sticky. I read a lot of reviews where people say it takes some time to figure out how to apply this mousse correctly but seriously...it's mousse... It shouldn't have to be that difficult to use such a simple hair product. I have naturally wavy/ fine medium length hair and have never been able to find a product that would allow me to get that "scrunched look" and this did it without me ever trying to accomplish that look at it didn't leave it crunchy once it dried...that's about the only positive thing I can say about this product. I don't hate it but I didn't love it either. Probably more for people with naturally curly/ wavy hair that would like to just apply some product and go.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by pinkflowergirl3

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best mousse ever...just bought it last week & am so happy with it...my hair is baby fine & has some waves...put it in my hair & can let it dry or blow dry it & my hair comes out so nice...it does not make my hair sticky....Thank You for Dove for making this whipped cream mousse...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by kaylaastory7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product, use after my shower along with a couple other products. This is my 3rd purchase of this product and plan on many more. - this mousse doesn't leave your hair feeling sticky, heavy, crunchy. It's a nice light product and the smell is great too. Helps with frizz and curls.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my 2nd purchase of this Dove Mousse (Nourishing Curls Whipped Cream) and I love it. I have naturally slightly wavy, fine hair that is color treated but straightens easily. You have to use very little of this mousse. Definitely not an egg sized amount! Use a tiny bit. It also is a very dense mousse (like whipped cream) so a little goes a long way. Don't use too much. I put maybe the size of a quarter in my palm and let it pouf up, then rub in my hands & through my hair. Makes waves smooth, not crunchy; easy to do your hair straight but with volume, with this product. Lasts a long time, too. I thought all mousses were the same, but this product has changed my mind. Thanks Dove! I'll keep buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by AmandaRose83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My hair is naturally wavy and thick. But I usually try to steer clear of wearing it wavy because I hate how mousse can make it feel crunchy. However, while perusing Pinterest, I saw a review for Dove's Whipped Cream mousse and decided to give it a try.

The next day, I used the mousse for the first time. The texture is definitely more like canned whipped cream, then traditional mousse. And when it applying to my hair, I almost felt like I was just adding grease to it. But after blow drying, boy did I see a huge difference. I had beautiful, soft waves. My hair felt touchable. And with a little bit of hairspray, my hair held through the entire day (in Texas!) and into the next. This is definitely the only mousse I will use ever again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by ForeverRed90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

My hair is nataurally wavy. It's really thick too! When I first used this mousse I hated it. I usually always hate mousse but bought this one because it said keeps curls soft and it was a cream mousse. I usually use cream on my waves to enhance their beachy look. I bought this because when my mom visits she's always asking if I have any mousse. I thought this dove might be a good compromise for us! I kept playing with the mousse trying to figure out how to use it. The bottle says to apply to damp hair but for me it worked best when my hair was 3/4 dry. After I figured out how to use it I loved it. My waves were even wavier (if that's a word but you get the point). It smells fantastic unlike most mousses!! It dried pretty quick and my waves were soft like it says it will do. The waves even looked good the next day after sleeping on them.

How I use it: I wash and condition my hair. I go ahead and do my makeup while I let my hair air-dry. After I finish my makeup (which is a about ten minutes or so) I blow dry my hair just to where it's barely wet. I leave the ends a little wetter than the top. I then apply the mousse (it just takes very little). I blow dry my hair some more while I'm scrunching it. Then voila! I'm done. It takes only a total of ten minutes to fix my hair this way. I usually get compliments on how soft and curly my hair is when I use this.

The price was either $4 or $5 at Target.
The lid stays on pretty well too. It doesn't pop off when i throw it in my bag.
I will buy this again when I'm out for sure! I haven't tried using it and then curling my hair but I'm really anxious to see how it does.

Remember with this product less is more!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 8:12:00 AM More reviews by 1017

UPDATE 2/24/13: This is a soft hold mousse & more of a curl defining mousse than any hold. If I ever want an easy breezy day, this would be nice, it leaves my hair soft and not dry or crunchy. It doesn't leave that straw like feeling I get after using a mousse either, that is nice. So if you want something for soft curl encouragement try this. If you want "hold" stick with Suave Max Hold or Joiwhip.

ORIGINAL POST: I use mousse on my fine wavy hair, after I have shampooed/conditioned my hair, scrunched out the excess water, applied AG Recoil Curl Activator, flipped my head (with still pretty damp hair) over and combed through with a wide tooth comb. I put a small dollop of mousse in my hands to scrunch my hair up. Then I flip my head back up & go lay down on my bed with my head hanging over, hair falling into a bowl diffuser. I got complimented the first day using the Dove. I had major volume at first, but it did drop...but I was still left with full curls. Nice curl clumping (no stringy curls...hate stringy curls), nice shine, soft, but not too fly away hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by gerri_cherry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Possibly the best mousse I've used. I went into Shoppers looking for a cheap mousse for my wavy, frizzy hair. The first day I used it, my hair actually had well-defined curls. It had control but wasn't stiff and my hair felt really soft. No frizz, just the right amount of body. Even my co-workers noticed the change in my hair!

It does have a weird consistency, like spreading whipped cream on your hair. But you get used to it and it smells amazing.

I'm so glad that I got this. It's great value for the price, even better when it's on sale.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Nades01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'VE MET MY HG HAIR PRODUCT. best mousse, best curls, no dryness, softness galore, outmost well defined soft no crunchiness curls...need I say more??

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by KaelynMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have dry, coarse curly hair and it is very hard to find a styling product that meets my expectations (I don't do crunch). I typically dislike mousse for my hair. When you use this, it doesn't disappear in your hands like most mousse. Instead it stays thick and creamy. It feels like you are putting too much on your hair, but you aren't. Think of it as conditioner. I got past the texture quickly and love this. When I use this, I am guaranteed to have perfectly curly hair with no frizz. LOVE THIS!