China Glaze Make A Spectacle

on 12/11/2012 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

A gorgeous, sheer multi-hued glitter. Although this is probably best used as a layering polish (over some other base colour), the glitter is intense enough that you can wear it over a clear base coat and it works (providing you don't mind your natural nail being visible).

The glitter is interesting. Some is standard glitter size, some is microglitter. It's all predominantly gold, but also has lovely iridescence and shine, and it's not bulky like so many glitter polishes.

Formula is okay, fairly easy to work with. This is not the easiest glitter to remove, but not the worst I've worn, either.

In subtle or indoor lighting, it's reasonably subtle glittery/glossy. In the sun or other direct light, though, WOAH, look out, major, major bling! Love this one, so pretty. Like it enough, in fact, that I bought a backup bottle, just in case.

on 11/10/2012 5:36:00 PM

If you want a LOT of sparkle with multicolored glitter that isn't too chunky, CG Make a Spectacle fits the bill perfectly. The effect is at times pale green, then when your angle changes you see lovely gold and reddish-copper speckles. It is a very elegant effect which is tough to find in glitter nail polishes. I recently went through all my nail polish and did a purge (some purge...I still have about 60 bottles!) but this one definitely made the cut. If I ever lost this I would repurchase.