August 20, 2014 | 1293 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Blazing Sunset

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by HunnyBear12234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This polish was not as bad as the previous reviewer said. I did not have any problems with the application and found the color very nice and got some compliments on it. I also do not like the brush but I worked with it. I would probably not buy again as the color is not anything outstanding but it will be nice to use while I have it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2012 10:07:00 AM More reviews by polishnut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sally Hansen's Nailgrowth Miracle Nail Color in Blazing Sunset is a warm, medium-toned peach polish with pink undertones and a shimmery finish. On my pale skin with yellow undertones, this was very peach colored, almost heading into the light-salmon category. This is a very "safe," work-appropriate color that anyone could get away with. Now for the application: In a word - horrible. The formula is extremely thick, even after thinning - almost like painting with old paint! I had dragging and pulling issues and spots at the nail tip where the polish would not adhere because it was so thick. The brush is equally as horrible. It's flat (which is a good thing) but the bristles are thicker than a normal nail brush, therefore, making it hard to fan and get a nice clean line at the cuticle. On the plus side, the formula is so thick that one could get away with one coat. Drying time was very slow. I cannot rate wear time because the application was so poor that after two tries at starting over and two coats of very uneven polish, I had to take the whole thing off and change to a better polish. Sally definitely dropped the ball on this polish and I would not purchase this again or recommend it to anyone.