September 19, 2014 | 2053 users online

Lip Treatments - Carmex - Everyday Lip Conditioner

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have so many lip balms, but I couldn't resist this. Orange??? Yum! Oh, and it was only 57 cents at CVS this week. It's not greasy and lit absorbs fast, plus I love the scent. I need one in every pocket and purse!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Shampooaholic

LOVE this stuff! I have chapped lips year round and always on the look out for lip treatments. This stuff is amazing! It glides on smooth an absorbs is about a minute. You don't feel the typical greasy product that lasts forever with other products. It absorbs super fast and your lips feel hydrated for hours! No bad taste, no greasy lips, no tint. I have very thin lips and this stuff makes them look at little more plump. Went back and bought 4 more tubes! Amazing product!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Bunmum2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This product smells lovely and soaks into my lips. I did notice that it makes dead skin more apparent but it softens it so I can run the dead cells right off leaving soft, smooth lips ready for lipstick. I use this before matte lipsticks, rub off the sloughed skin and walah!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by amamar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I LOVE this product. My two lip staples have long been cherry Chapstick for everyday use, and Blistex Ointment when my lips are really chapped. I do like to wear a lip balm as a base before applying lipstick, but don't like that slippery feeling. It feels like the lipstick color isn't going on as it should, and the color doesn't stay put for long. I do spread my facial moisturizer over my lips, but that doesn't really do anything. This Carmex lip conditioner is just what I've wanted. It's PERFECT for applying under lipstick. Makes lips feel moisturized and prepped, without any heavy, waxy feel. Feels like you have nothing on. I haven't had any problems whatsoever with lips looking white afterwards. Maybe I don't put that much on, but you don't need to. My only wish is that there was more in the tube. I like the tube packaging, but does get harder to get the last of it out. And the smell is the BEST - orange Creamsicles. Not medicated or minty.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2013 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Danielle1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me start out by saying that I HATE waxy, greasy lip balms that just sit on my lips. They don't make my lips any softer, they just feel greasy and heavy, and I almost always end up wiping them off after 5 minutes, and then searching for something else to put on my lips - and most of the time, this ends up being a bit of hand cream or lotion. So, naturally, I love this product. If you're used to heavier balms and need that oiliness/waxiness to feel like your lips are actually being moisturized, you won't like this balm. But as it soaks into my lips, my lips just feel soft and almost plumped. I love the little tube, and the flavor is nice - nothing at all like the standard Carmex scent/flavor.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by redheadedbitch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This sounded so promising- I am one of those Carmex addicts, but was looking for something that was just an everyday balm. The scent is lovely- I can't believe it's Carmex! BUT- as others have said, it is the consistency of lotion- and that's not a good thing. There's a reason I don't use my hand cream on my lips unless it's an emergency- the consistency is just too weird and unnatural on lips!

On one hand, it soaks right into your skin, leaving no moisturizing stuff leftover. On the other hand, what it DOES leave behind is this chalky white color that actually accentuates all of the flakes on my lips.

What they should have done was kept the exact consistency of the tube version of the medicated Carmex and just taken out the medicated aspect of it. The smell is great- but it's just unusable for me. I threw it away after maybe 10 uses.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by ghostrider

Got this at Walgreens for $1.79 and also got a free mini tube of Carmex lotion with it.

Pros: - Smells lovely, like an orange Creamsicle, very subtle but tasty.
- Feels silky and soft on the lips like lotion, so it slips and doesn't feel sticky.
- Sinks in well and moisturizes for 5 hours through some drinking.
- No sunscreen, which I like because I hate the smell of it.
- Cute little tube and easily portable.

Cons: - As mentioned below, it leaves a slight white cast on the lips, but it can be rubbed away easily and since I wear this mostly at night and at home, it doesn't bother me at all.
- I feel like you get very little product for your money. Granted, you don't use much, but still.

I enjoy using this product and would repurchase, though maybe next time with a coupon.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This feels like gross lotion on the lips. I am a fan of Carmex's other products, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Candyfairey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this with a 55 cents off coupon. I LOVE the orange creamsicle smell! Based on what the packaging said about how it was like a lotion and would sink into lips I wasn't surprised when on my first application it did just that. So if you're someone who doesn't like their lip balms to sit on their lips this is perfect for you! I love the squeeze tube packaging. When I rub my lips together twenty minutes after applying I can detect a bit on my lips but most of all my lips are smooth and soft. This is perfect for those who hate when their balm comes off when they drink too. I would definitely but this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by mallorywouldgo

I love everything about this EXCEPT the actual product. The tube is adorable, love the unique orange flavor. The balm itself is so gross. Its dry and white and makes my lips worse. It should be made to more of a consistency of the original Carmex, not this royal-icing crap. Don't waste your dollars.