September 20, 2014 | 1527 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Northern Lights

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by nicolerenee14

I really wanted to love this product! It was my first lush bar soap purchase, and I bought it mostly because it looked gorgeous--I don't have a lush store around me so the scent was going to be a total surprise. While the scent was very strong, I personally liked it. It smells really clean and fresh, but if you don't like citrus-y scents, you probably won't like this. It lathers really nicely, and lasts a decently long time (more than most bar soaps typically would), but this made the skin on my chest and shoulders break out like crazy! It left a somewhat sticky, or maybe dry residue on my skin, and I was worried that it would break me out, and it unfortunately did. I do have really sensitive skin, though, so this might not happen to most people. This is a nice product, it just didn't work out the best for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by miffy95

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I adore the appearance as well as the scent. It reminds me of my favourite Lush soap 17 Cherry Tree Lane for some reason, only a more citrus version. The bar lasts and lasts as does the scent. It makes me feel very fresh and clean. I hope they don't discontinue this one, I love it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 12:54:00 AM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely beautiful looking soap, lathers well, but reeks like chemical bathroom cleaners..kinda like pinesol. It smelled so bad it gave me an instant headache after using once. And the scent lingers for hours. Bleh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

I first discovered Northern Lights when my mom came home from work with a small sample slice of it for me. I was immediately taken with its bright neon colors and citrusy-pine smell. However, I've had bad experiences with bar soaps. They don't lather all that well for me and they always leave my skin without any slip and feeling slightly dry. Enter this stuff, and my opinion has been forever changed. I rub this into my loofah in the shower and I get a great, light and citrusy smelling lather. It does feel only a tad dry on my skin, but I think that's to be expected of any bar soap. It left an extremely subtle scent on my skin so it didn't clash with any body lotion or perfume, and it takes a veeeeeery long time to melt, so it'll last a long time. I liked it so much that I bought a full sized bar!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

This soap immediately caught my eye when I went into LUSH last year around Christmastime. Northern Lights is crazy bright and just gorgeous with neon yellow, green, and orange all swirled together. I also really love the smell, although I can definitely see some people hating it. It smells like pine and lime. I generally don't like pine scents, but the citrus notes make this smell so clean and refreshing. The smell is super strong, and like I said, I can totally see this being too Pine-Sol smelling for some, so give it a whiff in-store before purchasing if you can.
Since the scent is so strong and fresh, I saved my chunk and used it over the summer months. It was really great for using on hot summer days. If I rubbed the bar directly on my skin, it produced zero lather. I find many LUSH soaps to be more moisturizing than sudsy, so generally I don't mind a lack of lather, but I felt like this wasn't really getting me clean. But this lathers up very well if you rub it onto a bath poof. Some LUSH soaps simply won't lather well on a poof, but this one did so very nicely.
I only used half of the $10 piece that I bought and it lasted me ages. Some LUSH soaps tend to melt very quickly, but this one was a little harder in texture and with daily use it lasted me almost 2 months. I know some people think LUSH products are overpriced, but I don't think $5 for about 60ish washes is a bad deal at all. I've bought shower gels for close to $10 that only last about a month.
I was very glad to see that LUSH brought this holiday soap back this year. I'll be buying another piece once I can get to a store, and I definitely recommend that you check this out!