Australis Fresh & Flawless Pressed Powder

4.3

TALC AND METHICONE, MICA, DIMETHICONE, NYLON 12, BORON NITRIDE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE AND METHICONE, POL YETHYLENE, SILICA, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE, METHYLP ARABEN, PROPYLP ARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, CAMPHOR, MENTHOL, EUCALYPTUS OIL, CLOVE OIL. MA Y CONTAIN: C9-15 FLUOROALCOHOL PHOSPHATES (AND) IRON OXIDES. • iRidEscENt dust: (MADE IN THAILAND): TALC, MICA, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, DIMETHICONE, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, IRON

on 4/7/2015 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a good and affordable pressed powder, which I think could be used as a foundation as it has pretty decent coverage for a powder. I was using it as a setting powder but I found it a bit too drying on my dry skin. I also found that it didn't control the oil on my nose as well as I would have liked. This changed my opinion on powders as it covered well without looking cakey and it felt comfortable. I feel like this would work well on other skin types, maybe those looking for a natural looking powder foundation that covers well. It helped me realise my needs and what I should be looking for in a powder. It doesn't excel at controlling the oil on my nose as I mentioned, but I wonder if any powder can fix this that doesn't severely dry out my skin. Oh well, blotting papers it is! I appreciated that it lacked fragrance and didn't break me out.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This powder is amazing. I have VERY DRY skin, so I always stayed away from powders because I found that they either dried my skin out or made my skin look really flaky and patchy. I got this on sale for $9 for priceline and I am so so happy I did. Finally I can powder my face without looking like a flak, patchy mess! The finish of this is so natural, it's not so matte that it completely takes away all the shininess, but it's matte enough that it sets my makeup and removes all stickiness!

on 2/17/2015 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

For me, this is my HG powder. My mum has MAC's pressed powder and I really can't tell any difference between the two! Price wise, this is decent, especially if you can get this at one of Priceline's 40% off cosmetics sale. The coverage of this product is amazing and I use this by itself whenever I feel lazy and don't feel like putting a BB cream on. I also use this for fix ups during the day and it's a must-have in my bag. Australis recently changed the packaging of this one so that the mirror is in the puff compartment rather than the powder compartment which I think is excellent because this way the mirror won't get dirty. I've travelled with this powder and the packaging is sturdy and really resistant to the everyday abuse I put it through. The only problem I can think of with this is that the powder only comes in 3 shades. I have fair-medium skin and I use Natural (the lightest shade) so I can see people with paler or darker skin not really being able to use this. Besides this, there is really nothing I can fault with this product. I'm on my second one already! Well done Australis!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS POWDER!
Covers my acne well and i use it under my eyes and it covers my dark under eye circles so well!
The colour range is good for me, but might not be for others x

on 12/28/2014 12:55:00 AM

I absolutely love this powder!!! This helps my foundation last all day (12+ hours), makes my face matte and holds back oil, doesn't make my face look powdery, it's super affordable and the packaging is very cute. I have already recommended this to so many people and I will definitely be repurchasing as soon as I run out! My favourite powder so far ahh

on 10/13/2014 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have recently purchased this powder and I am absolutely in love with it! Since my skin tone color is very hard to find I have basically lost all hope in finding my exact color in powders, but when I saw the reviews for this powder I thought it actually seemed quite good! So I went in and tested my colors. I ended up with the shade natural.

I love this powder so much! Its probably one of the best powders I have ever bought! Even though the shades for this powder are quite limited with only 3 shades which are all pretty light, I found them quite good for fair, light and medium colored skin tones. This powder gives good coverage and can be worn with a liquid foundation underneath or just a primer. It goes on extremely well when using a primer and a liquid foundation, its so smooth and creamy and very easy to apply to the entire face. I have also found that its very good for sensitive skin as it has no perfume in it, which causes sensitive skin to dry out or become rashy. Its also oil free which is fabulous for oily skin, such as my own.

This powder is priced very reasonably its around $20.00 in New Zealand so it very affordable.

Overall, extremely impressed with this powder and when it runs out I will be re-purchasing!

on 10/10/2014 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really love this product, it's like a way less expensive version of MAC studio fix. It comes in the same kind of packaging and I can't really tell the difference between them when wearing them. I use it over a foundation if I want coverage (it blurs out imperfections wonderfully) or by itself if I want something very light. I think the only disadvantage is that it only comes in three shades, but as I have found that Deep Natural is perfect on my skin, this is not an issue for me. It's very cheap (about $12 when not on sale) and easy to come by. Also, LOVE that it is animal friendly :-)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

wow this stuff is amazing!! I heard so many great reviews about it so I decided to pick it up- and I'm so glad I did! I really love the compact packaging with a mirror and sponge included! I really love the thickness of the powder, it gives the perfect amount of extra coverage or setting without being cakey and creasing. I just dust a tiny bit over my t/zone and forehead and I'm good to go- with or without foundation! I use this almost everyday and I really, really love it! For all you MAC lovers out there, this powder is an extreme dupe to their studio fix pressed powder! This powder is also very affordable ($11- wow!) and caters to all skin tones- Highly, highly recommend it!

on 7/23/2014 12:26:00 AM

Wow to this powder!! I bought the shade Natural which is the lightest one. It is a perfect match for my skin (for reference I'm NC20) I use this to set my foundation, or give a bit more coverage and set my BB cream and it lasts all day! Gives a really nice finish to my face that doesn't look cakey or too powdery, just exactly like the name states - fresh and flawless. I have found it oxidises a WEE bit after being on my skin a while but nothing oompa loompa orange, just a bit darker then in the pan. I use my ELF complexion brush to apply it and it works great. Price was reasonable, NZ$20. I will continue to buy this powder!

on 6/28/2014 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Best powder I've every used, the powder is so pigmented and kicks ass over rimmel's stay matte powder and maybelline's dream matte powder. The colour "Dark Brown" is pretty much an ideal colour for my yellow undertoned asian skin. I just tap a big powder brush into the pan and pat the powder all over my face and you really don't need a lot of product since it's so pigmented. It is so affordable and accessible in Australia and I will definitely repurchase.