October 1, 2014 | 1263 users online

Powder - Australis - Fresh & Flawless Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by hannahbeautyxoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

wow this stuff is amazing!! I heard so many great reviews about it so I decided to pick it up- and I'm so glad I did! I really love the compact packaging with a mirror and sponge included! I really love the thickness of the powder, it gives the perfect amount of extra coverage or setting without being cakey and creasing. I just dust a tiny bit over my t/zone and forehead and I'm good to go- with or without foundation! I use this almost everyday and I really, really love it! For all you MAC lovers out there, this powder is an extreme dupe to their studio fix pressed powder! This powder is also very affordable ($11- wow!) and caters to all skin tones- Highly, highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Wow to this powder!! I bought the shade Natural which is the lightest one. It is a perfect match for my skin (for reference I'm NC20) I use this to set my foundation, or give a bit more coverage and set my BB cream and it lasts all day! Gives a really nice finish to my face that doesn't look cakey or too powdery, just exactly like the name states - fresh and flawless. I have found it oxidises a WEE bit after being on my skin a while but nothing oompa loompa orange, just a bit darker then in the pan. I use my ELF complexion brush to apply it and it works great. Price was reasonable, NZ$20. I will continue to buy this powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 8:07:00 AM More reviews by jess2133

Best powder I've every used, the powder is so pigmented and kicks ass over rimmel's stay matte powder and maybelline's dream matte powder. The colour "Dark Brown" is pretty much an ideal colour for my yellow undertoned asian skin. I just tap a big powder brush into the pan and pat the powder all over my face and you really don't need a lot of product since it's so pigmented. It is so affordable and accessible in Australia and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by joanne150406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, I love this powder. I've used it for a couple months now and have held off writing a review to really make sure. I have to say that this is a very close dupe of MAC studio fix powder, which I am a big big fan of but it is so pricey that I started looking around for an alternative.

I am a NC25/C3 in MAC and in the Australis shades I am in between a natural and deep natural. I have both shades, and to me the natural shade seems more yellow toned and the deep natural is a bit more orangey. This powder is a medium to full coverage powder which looks really natural on and doesn't feel uncomfortable on my face and doesn't slide off. It's usually pretty cheap at Priceline (currently $11.40) so I think it is really worth it. For a while I was using the ELF studio powder which is also said to be a dupe of the MAC studiio fix powder, but I find this to be a closer match to MAC.

The only con is the lack of shade colours. I've already bought myself a backup and I think that this is my HG powder!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by indigopurple

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I am an NC20 and purchased this in the middle colour..deep natural (?). It is a definite dupe for StudioFix. The price is amazingly cheap even by Australis standards, I purchased this for $20.50 NZD. It does not appear overly powdery looking once applied and has good staying powder. I have used this solely as a foundation but it doesn't offer too much coverage. I am definitely going to be re-purchasing this. Only downside to this product I would say is the really limited amount of colors, and the colors they do have all look very similar.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2014 5:07:00 AM More reviews by funfunfun123

This is a great budget-friendly powder. I feel like it sets my makeup, minimises the appearance of my pores and looks absolutely flawless. However, I feel like this can look powdery very easily for me, and I have to use a light hand and spritz over with a mist. The packaging is nice with the mirror, but I find the sponge quite unecessary. The shade range a big let down, with only three shades. I use the medium shade, which is still a bit light. I wouldn't use this as a foundation, since I prefer a more natural, dewy and skin-like appearance (I really like the L'oreal true match lumi), so I'll just use this over the top for a bit more coverage, or just a loose translucent powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 4:38:00 AM More reviews by lanathinksurrad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hi everyone! I LOVE THIS MAKEUP!
I have horrible acne and wow this stuff is soooo perfect at covering up everything. And being a powder makeup, it's actually not messy and isn't going to break you out. I can't believe how cheap it is and how perfect and even my skin looks with it and it's oil free!

The only thing is they changed the packaging to a clear lid thing and the ingredients, I have no idea why they'd do that but because of the new version I don't wear it as much. If anyone knows where I can buy it with the old packaging, please let me know! THIS IS MY HOLY GRAIL!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2014 6:07:00 AM More reviews by nikiblaz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

There's nothing else to say but this pressed powder is a miracle worker and personally I love this better than my mac powders! It's only around $12AUD and is not tested on animals (BIG tick!!). As I have acne-prone skin and react badly to certain makeup and skin products so I'm usually weary of trying new products but this does not break me out at all, my skin never gets shiny when it's on, it feels lightweight and it keeps good coverage even after excessive sweating (Aussie weather) so it's win win!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by misstashay9

I really like this powder - it has good coverage, long lasting & makes skin look 'fresh & flawless'. Its very pigmented so using a powder brush would be better than using the buffer inside. It only has 3 colours in the range which is not ideal for most skin tones especially darker ones. I have it in 'darkest brown' which is the darkest shade and a tad lighter than my real skin tone. Even though I like this powder, it causes my skin to break out. My skin is quite good as i only ever used to get a pimple once in a few months but now as i use this powder nearly everyday I get a pimple everyday! This is really annoying as it never used to happen before so eventually when this product runs out or not I will be in search of a powder that doesn't make me get pimples everyday :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 7:36:00 AM More reviews by makeupreviews97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This powder is the perfect dupe for "MAC studio fix" there both really good quality and I love this powder because I don't have to use it sparingly (which I tend to do with my highend makeup) because it is so affordable. It's perfect to wear alone or on top of foundation, keeps my matte all day and looks flawless. Only negative to this product is it runs out very quickly (I've already gone through like 4 of these things!!) recommend this :)