Australis Fresh & Flawless Pressed Powder

4.4

TALC AND METHICONE, MICA, DIMETHICONE, NYLON 12, BORON NITRIDE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE AND METHICONE, POL YETHYLENE, SILICA, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE, METHYLP ARABEN, PROPYLP ARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, CAMPHOR, MENTHOL, EUCALYPTUS OIL, CLOVE OIL. MA Y CONTAIN: C9-15 FLUOROALCOHOL PHOSPHATES (AND) IRON OXIDES. • iRidEscENt dust: (MADE IN THAILAND): TALC, MICA, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, DIMETHICONE, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, IRON

on 2/17/2015 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

For me, this is my HG powder. My mum has MAC's pressed powder and I really can't tell any difference between the two! Price wise, this is decent, especially if you can get this at one of Priceline's 40% off cosmetics sale. The coverage of this product is amazing and I use this by itself whenever I feel lazy and don't feel like putting a BB cream on. I also use this for fix ups during the day and it's a must-have in my bag. Australis recently changed the packaging of this one so that the mirror is in the puff compartment rather than the powder compartment which I think is excellent because this way the mirror won't get dirty. I've travelled with this powder and the packaging is sturdy and really resistant to the everyday abuse I put it through. The only problem I can think of with this is that the powder only comes in 3 shades. I have fair-medium skin and I use Natural (the lightest shade) so I can see people with paler or darker skin not really being able to use this. Besides this, there is really nothing I can fault with this product. I'm on my second one already! Well done Australis!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS POWDER!
Covers my acne well and i use it under my eyes and it covers my dark under eye circles so well!
The colour range is good for me, but might not be for others x

on 12/28/2014 12:55:00 AM

I absolutely love this powder!!! This helps my foundation last all day (12+ hours), makes my face matte and holds back oil, doesn't make my face look powdery, it's super affordable and the packaging is very cute. I have already recommended this to so many people and I will definitely be repurchasing as soon as I run out! My favourite powder so far ahh

on 10/13/2014 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have recently purchased this powder and I am absolutely in love with it! Since my skin tone color is very hard to find I have basically lost all hope in finding my exact color in powders, but when I saw the reviews for this powder I thought it actually seemed quite good! So I went in and tested my colors. I ended up with the shade natural.

I love this powder so much! Its probably one of the best powders I have ever bought! Even though the shades for this powder are quite limited with only 3 shades which are all pretty light, I found them quite good for fair, light and medium colored skin tones. This powder gives good coverage and can be worn with a liquid foundation underneath or just a primer. It goes on extremely well when using a primer and a liquid foundation, its so smooth and creamy and very easy to apply to the entire face. I have also found that its very good for sensitive skin as it has no perfume in it, which causes sensitive skin to dry out or become rashy. Its also oil free which is fabulous for oily skin, such as my own.

This powder is priced very reasonably its around $20.00 in New Zealand so it very affordable.

Overall, extremely impressed with this powder and when it runs out I will be re-purchasing!

on 10/10/2014 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really love this product, it's like a way less expensive version of MAC studio fix. It comes in the same kind of packaging and I can't really tell the difference between them when wearing them. I use it over a foundation if I want coverage (it blurs out imperfections wonderfully) or by itself if I want something very light. I think the only disadvantage is that it only comes in three shades, but as I have found that Deep Natural is perfect on my skin, this is not an issue for me. It's very cheap (about $12 when not on sale) and easy to come by. Also, LOVE that it is animal friendly :-)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

wow this stuff is amazing!! I heard so many great reviews about it so I decided to pick it up- and I'm so glad I did! I really love the compact packaging with a mirror and sponge included! I really love the thickness of the powder, it gives the perfect amount of extra coverage or setting without being cakey and creasing. I just dust a tiny bit over my t/zone and forehead and I'm good to go- with or without foundation! I use this almost everyday and I really, really love it! For all you MAC lovers out there, this powder is an extreme dupe to their studio fix pressed powder! This powder is also very affordable ($11- wow!) and caters to all skin tones- Highly, highly recommend it!

on 7/23/2014 12:26:00 AM

Wow to this powder!! I bought the shade Natural which is the lightest one. It is a perfect match for my skin (for reference I'm NC20) I use this to set my foundation, or give a bit more coverage and set my BB cream and it lasts all day! Gives a really nice finish to my face that doesn't look cakey or too powdery, just exactly like the name states - fresh and flawless. I have found it oxidises a WEE bit after being on my skin a while but nothing oompa loompa orange, just a bit darker then in the pan. I use my ELF complexion brush to apply it and it works great. Price was reasonable, NZ$20. I will continue to buy this powder!

on 6/28/2014 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Best powder I've every used, the powder is so pigmented and kicks ass over rimmel's stay matte powder and maybelline's dream matte powder. The colour "Dark Brown" is pretty much an ideal colour for my yellow undertoned asian skin. I just tap a big powder brush into the pan and pat the powder all over my face and you really don't need a lot of product since it's so pigmented. It is so affordable and accessible in Australia and I will definitely repurchase.

on 6/22/2014 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

First off, I love this powder. I've used it for a couple months now and have held off writing a review to really make sure. I have to say that this is a very close dupe of MAC studio fix powder, which I am a big big fan of but it is so pricey that I started looking around for an alternative.

I am a NC25/C3 in MAC and in the Australis shades I am in between a natural and deep natural. I have both shades, and to me the natural shade seems more yellow toned and the deep natural is a bit more orangey. This powder is a medium to full coverage powder which looks really natural on and doesn't feel uncomfortable on my face and doesn't slide off. It's usually pretty cheap at Priceline (currently $11.40) so I think it is really worth it. For a while I was using the ELF studio powder which is also said to be a dupe of the MAC studiio fix powder, but I find this to be a closer match to MAC.

The only con is the lack of shade colours. I've already bought myself a backup and I think that this is my HG powder!

on 6/22/2014 10:05:00 PM

I am an NC20 and purchased this in the middle colour..deep natural (?). It is a definite dupe for StudioFix. The price is amazingly cheap even by Australis standards, I purchased this for $20.50 NZD. It does not appear overly powdery looking once applied and has good staying powder. I have used this solely as a foundation but it doesn't offer too much coverage. I am definitely going to be re-purchasing this. Only downside to this product I would say is the really limited amount of colors, and the colors they do have all look very similar.