Australis Fresh & Flawless Pressed Powder

4.4

TALC AND METHICONE, MICA, DIMETHICONE, NYLON 12, BORON NITRIDE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE AND METHICONE, POL YETHYLENE, SILICA, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE, METHYLP ARABEN, PROPYLP ARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, CAMPHOR, MENTHOL, EUCALYPTUS OIL, CLOVE OIL. MA Y CONTAIN: C9-15 FLUOROALCOHOL PHOSPHATES (AND) IRON OXIDES. • iRidEscENt dust: (MADE IN THAILAND): TALC, MICA, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, DIMETHICONE, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, IRON

on 7/22/2015 7:22:00 AM

This has been my go-to powder for years. It matches perfectly with my skin colour and it sets foundation well. But I also use it as an everyday powder which gives my skin a natural look.
Not fond of the new packaging with the clear lid (its super awkward) but its the best powder I've used.

on 7/8/2015 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Besides the packaging (newer packaging with the clear lid), this powder is practically a dupe for MAC's studio fix foundation. I have the shade deep natural, and this is considered the darkest of the range, which really sucks.
I have a REALLY oily t-zone, and this powder is great, however, the oilies kick through around the 4 hour mark. Touch ups aren't a problem. Also, this powder is prone to caking, so don't load up too much on your brush.

on 6/20/2015 1:26:00 AM

This powder mattifies my skin and does provide a good coverage. You can use this on it's own. The down side is the bad colour range.

on 5/20/2015 7:28:00 AM

Love this product, gives a great last touch and makes skin look so flawless!

on 5/12/2015 5:50:00 AM

Honestly my favourite powder.
I'm yet to find another that does the job just like this.
perfect flawless coverage for over foundation.
And enough coverage to wear under primer or bb cream - and I have acne.
Stays put for ages,
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.

on 4/20/2015 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Lovely, lovely powder from australis. If your wanting a flawless finish to your foundation, seriously invest in this product. Cannot rave about it enough! The only thing is the limited number of shades, which sucks for fairer skin girls like myself, however when im fake tanned this powder matches me. It literally lasts all day on me! However, I do have oily skin and it can make my face feel a little tight/dry, but this usually goes away after settling in to the skin to a complete matte finish. Costs around 12 bucks and is available at Priceline :)

on 4/20/2015 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This product has restored my faith in powders. When I need extra coverage I dust it on with a powder brush to set my liquid foundation or BB/CC cream and then use a damp sponge to reapply it on problem areas, even when you layer it on it doesn't get cakey! It is quite matte at first but soon sets to a more natural finish. When used alone over primer it gives the same coverage as a BB cream. You will need to reapply to oily areas occasionally throughout the day but it does a decent job at holding oil back. Works best with a silicone primer as it's silicone based, but it if I stay out of the elements it plays quite well with the waterbased Face of Australia primer (purple tube one), making this combo my go-to when my skin gets irritated and sensitive. Only complaint is that it is a pretty soft powder so it kicks up a lot when applying it to the brush and it cracks easily once you start getting closer to the pan. I usually have to reset each one with rubbing alcohol once or twice in its life.

on 4/7/2015 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a good and affordable pressed powder, which I think could be used as a foundation as it has pretty decent coverage for a powder. I was using it as a setting powder but I found it a bit too drying on my dry skin. I also found that it didn't control the oil on my nose as well as I would have liked. This changed my opinion on powders as it covered well without looking cakey and it felt comfortable. I feel like this would work well on other skin types, maybe those looking for a natural looking powder foundation that covers well. It helped me realise my needs and what I should be looking for in a powder. It doesn't excel at controlling the oil on my nose as I mentioned, but I wonder if any powder can fix this that doesn't severely dry out my skin. Oh well, blotting papers it is! I appreciated that it lacked fragrance and didn't break me out.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This powder is amazing. I have VERY DRY skin, so I always stayed away from powders because I found that they either dried my skin out or made my skin look really flaky and patchy. I got this on sale for $9 for priceline and I am so so happy I did. Finally I can powder my face without looking like a flak, patchy mess! The finish of this is so natural, it's not so matte that it completely takes away all the shininess, but it's matte enough that it sets my makeup and removes all stickiness!

on 2/17/2015 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

For me, this is my HG powder. My mum has MAC's pressed powder and I really can't tell any difference between the two! Price wise, this is decent, especially if you can get this at one of Priceline's 40% off cosmetics sale. The coverage of this product is amazing and I use this by itself whenever I feel lazy and don't feel like putting a BB cream on. I also use this for fix ups during the day and it's a must-have in my bag. Australis recently changed the packaging of this one so that the mirror is in the puff compartment rather than the powder compartment which I think is excellent because this way the mirror won't get dirty. I've travelled with this powder and the packaging is sturdy and really resistant to the everyday abuse I put it through. The only problem I can think of with this is that the powder only comes in 3 shades. I have fair-medium skin and I use Natural (the lightest shade) so I can see people with paler or darker skin not really being able to use this. Besides this, there is really nothing I can fault with this product. I'm on my second one already! Well done Australis!