November 1, 2014 | 900 users online

Shampoo - Pantene - Expert Collection Age Defy Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2014 8:02:00 AM More reviews by Katt78

I bought this with the conditioner after seeing a advert in a magazine. My long hair has been getting drier and drier over the last year or so and seemed to be lacking the volume it has always had., i have spent a fortune lately on high end shampoos and conditioners so the price seemed very reasonable too. The first time i used this with the conditioner my hair felt amazing thick shiny and soft i was over the moon, however within 2 weeks of washing every other day my hair was a mess, it felt drier than ever and had a sticky thick residue i could, nt even get a brush through it, it was a disgusting mess.. Looking at the ingredients there is a lot of sillicone in both the conditioner and shampoo i will defienetly not be buying again and have gone back to my usual kerastase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Dianeeoh

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have fine, limp hair & to make matter worse, it's started to thin on top. I have been using this product for about 6 months now and love it. When I started, I was about 5 months into a perm so I have to say I really didn't see a huge difference. BUT... two weeks ago I ran out of the shampoo & conditioner. I live in a small town and can't get the products in our local drug store. So I started using one of my old brands again & ended up with 2 weeks of bad hair days. This is when I realized just how well my hair had been responding to the Age Defy Shampoo collection. The bottom line is, with this product, I don't need a perm or a curling iron to get the volume I want. I blow dry it with a round brush and my hair is shiny, and manageable. I will continue to use these products (shampoo, conditioner, thickening treatment)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this and almost did not try it because I have always had trouble with Pantene. I decided to try it after I read that it fights the 7 signs of aging. I wish I would have skipped this. After just one use I was disgusted with this and the conditioner. This scent is kind of icky. The product is creamy and that was not a problem. The problem is how this affected my hair. Right in the shower I was left with tangly hair that even though it was wet it felt really dry. This was a pain to comb through my hair and I was so frizzy as this started to dry. The next day I was left with really frizzy, oily scalp, and dry ends hair. This is one to skip. At this price you are better off going for a salon product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by mimieux7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wasn't expecting much. I have super dry, thinning "Thyroid hair"... I've tried soooo many products and my hair still feels like straw because of my medical issues with my thyroid. That being said, this leaves my hair feeling softer and feels gentle on my hay-like uber thin hair. I also seem to have way less shedding when I use this compared to my expensive shampoos made for thinning hair. Only minus is the price and it has sulfates. Other than that, I like this and the conditioner.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo, along with the conditioner and treatment is without a doubt the WORST I've ever used. I have thin, fine hair that with the RIGHT shampoo/cond I can make more voluminous and bouncy. This crap makes my hair flat, filthy looking and dull, and that's right after a shampoo! The second day is hideous (ponytail and hat). Save your money, this line is awful..

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by CindyAnn67

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As I said about the conditioner, AMAZING! I would recommend this product to anyone needing a real hair boost, especially over 35!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by barnycat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The advertising hit all the right notes for my hair. Aging, dry, frizzy, and light greying. I used most of the bottle with no real benefit to my middle aged hair. Pros-it feels good while you are washing and rinsing. Cons-no change to frizziness, dryness, or breakage upon drying. Also, this is expensive for a drug store shampoo. I wouldn't recommend this and I certainly would not repurchase. Disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by springlow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this product as it was promoted as helping correct issues I have with my hair, namely frizz, flyaway and some gray that's very dry and wiry. I have now used the product for several weeks and am not impressed with it, as it hasn't helped correct any of the issues named above. In fact, I've noticed no difference between this product and any other Pantene shampoos I previously used, except for one and that is the cost! This one is twice as expensive as the others, yet does nothing to merit the higher cost. On the plus side, it does have a nice fragrance and rinses out clean. I find the bottle less practical than a tube, but this isn't a big deal. Overall, I give it a neutral rating as it hasn't made my hair worse, but it certainly hasn't improved it.

I should mention I've used the conditioner along with the shampoo, so my above comments are based upon several weeks usage of both.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by SaraLee2

For reference I have thin, fine, color treated hair. I have been test driving this, and L'Oreal's Advanced Total Repair 5. This one lost. I used each for a full 6 days in a row. On day one I used a clarifying shampoo, then 6 says of the shampoo, always with the same conditioner (DermOrganic...the best!) and the same styling products (Redken 07 Layer Lift & Gelatine) so that it was only the shampoo that changed. I had only one good hair day with this...the first day I used it. After that my hair was just flatter with less body, and harder to style and manage, and looked more wrecked, flat, frizzy, and rat-like by the end of the day. It lathers well and I do like the scent of this one slightly better.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2013 8:07:00 AM More reviews by alanafelicia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have highlighted blonde thin hair.i try every shampoo from cheap to pricey.this is awful. Although my hair was very soft and shiny,it was beyond Flat. Looked liked I needed to wash it, pancake flat. I would never buy it again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No