Pantene Expert Collection Age Defy Shampoo

3.4

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Citrate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Polyquaternium 76, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Lysine HCL, Methyl Tyrosinate HCL, Histidine, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Blue 1, Yellow 5, Red 33

on 2/8/2015 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I didn't realize how bad this was until I switched back to my bed head Dumb Blonde shampoo. Pantene Age Defy left my coloured hair dull, dry and brittle looking but somehow still oily. Terrible stuff, I tossed it in the trash.

on 11/22/2014 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I have been using this shampoo for nearly two years it works perfectly for me. I lost half of my thick fine hair from medication, it was falling out in clumps. Luckily for me it grew back but much thinner, Pantene Age Defy shampoo and conditioner have been life savers for me. My hair looks and feels great. I stop using it occasionally but I always come back.

on 10/3/2014 8:02:00 AM

I bought this with the conditioner after seeing a advert in a magazine. My long hair has been getting drier and drier over the last year or so and seemed to be lacking the volume it has always had., i have spent a fortune lately on high end shampoos and conditioners so the price seemed very reasonable too. The first time i used this with the conditioner my hair felt amazing thick shiny and soft i was over the moon, however within 2 weeks of washing every other day my hair was a mess, it felt drier than ever and had a sticky thick residue i could, nt even get a brush through it, it was a disgusting mess.. Looking at the ingredients there is a lot of sillicone in both the conditioner and shampoo i will defienetly not be buying again and have gone back to my usual kerastase.

on 10/16/2013 2:50:00 PM

I have fine, limp hair & to make matter worse, it's started to thin on top. I have been using this product for about 6 months now and love it. When I started, I was about 5 months into a perm so I have to say I really didn't see a huge difference. BUT... two weeks ago I ran out of the shampoo & conditioner. I live in a small town and can't get the products in our local drug store. So I started using one of my old brands again & ended up with 2 weeks of bad hair days. This is when I realized just how well my hair had been responding to the Age Defy Shampoo collection. The bottom line is, with this product, I don't need a perm or a curling iron to get the volume I want. I blow dry it with a round brush and my hair is shiny, and manageable. I will continue to use these products (shampoo, conditioner, thickening treatment)

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got a sample of this and almost did not try it because I have always had trouble with Pantene. I decided to try it after I read that it fights the 7 signs of aging. I wish I would have skipped this. After just one use I was disgusted with this and the conditioner. This scent is kind of icky. The product is creamy and that was not a problem. The problem is how this affected my hair. Right in the shower I was left with tangly hair that even though it was wet it felt really dry. This was a pain to comb through my hair and I was so frizzy as this started to dry. The next day I was left with really frizzy, oily scalp, and dry ends hair. This is one to skip. At this price you are better off going for a salon product.

on 7/16/2013 8:19:00 PM

I wasn't expecting much. I have super dry, thinning "Thyroid hair"... I've tried soooo many products and my hair still feels like straw because of my medical issues with my thyroid. That being said, this leaves my hair feeling softer and feels gentle on my hay-like uber thin hair. I also seem to have way less shedding when I use this compared to my expensive shampoos made for thinning hair. Only minus is the price and it has sulfates. Other than that, I like this and the conditioner.

on 6/20/2013 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This shampoo, along with the conditioner and treatment is without a doubt the WORST I've ever used. I have thin, fine hair that with the RIGHT shampoo/cond I can make more voluminous and bouncy. This crap makes my hair flat, filthy looking and dull, and that's right after a shampoo! The second day is hideous (ponytail and hat). Save your money, this line is awful..

on 6/9/2013 1:15:00 PM

As I said about the conditioner, AMAZING! I would recommend this product to anyone needing a real hair boost, especially over 35!

on 5/26/2013 12:23:00 PM

The advertising hit all the right notes for my hair. Aging, dry, frizzy, and light greying. I used most of the bottle with no real benefit to my middle aged hair. Pros-it feels good while you are washing and rinsing. Cons-no change to frizziness, dryness, or breakage upon drying. Also, this is expensive for a drug store shampoo. I wouldn't recommend this and I certainly would not repurchase. Disappointing.

on 5/26/2013 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I tried this product as it was promoted as helping correct issues I have with my hair, namely frizz, flyaway and some gray that's very dry and wiry. I have now used the product for several weeks and am not impressed with it, as it hasn't helped correct any of the issues named above. In fact, I've noticed no difference between this product and any other Pantene shampoos I previously used, except for one and that is the cost! This one is twice as expensive as the others, yet does nothing to merit the higher cost. On the plus side, it does have a nice fragrance and rinses out clean. I find the bottle less practical than a tube, but this isn't a big deal. Overall, I give it a neutral rating as it hasn't made my hair worse, but it certainly hasn't improved it.

I should mention I've used the conditioner along with the shampoo, so my above comments are based upon several weeks usage of both.

Popular Shampoos