November 27, 2014 | 1411 users online

Shampoo - Pantene - Expert Collection Age Defy Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by littlesparrows

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I was using this a couple of months ago and I did like it the first few weeks- it made my hair feel stronger, did not wash the color out too fast, and I did not lose much hair each time I used it, unlike other Pantene shampoos which cause a lot of hair fall for me. My hair is dry, curly, color treated and fine textured and I have been through just about every kind of shampoo out there. I discovered after using this for about a month that my hair was starting to feel more dry, especially on the ends and it was more prone to frizz. I think this may be due to the panthenol ingredient, maybe it was just building up. I have had that problem with keratin ingredients before- works great for a bit and then the hair becomes more dry and stiff. I think that this shampoo would work if I needed to trade off from a regular shampoo (currently Suave Professionals Blackraspberry/White Tea, which is doing great). I would probably use this once or twice a month, but not on a regular basis anymore. I can't say it is the best or the worst, just a good alternative if you need to switch it up sometimes. It's kind of like the old Neutrogena shampoo ads that used to say something like "why your favorite shampoo will work better if you stop using it for two weeks" and use their product, that is the idea here. The cost is a bit high for drugstore, about $8-9 for a 6.7 ounce bottle. I would pay that for something that worked great on a daily basis, and it would definitly be worth it of it worked for you.

I will say it is much better than the other Pantene shampoos, and conditioners, which have all been total failures for me in the past several years. The old Pantene formulas from way back when (the ones with the smaller bottles and the gold caps, from the late 80's early 90's) were so much better than what they have now. They had a color-treated formula in a white bottle that was fabulous. I wish they would change their line back to what it was then and they would have some very happy customers. I miss so many products from years ago, and the old Pantene was one of the best of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 5:45:00 AM More reviews by Alexir

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this shampoo for nearly two years it works perfectly for me. I lost half of my thick fine hair from medication, it was falling out in clumps. Luckily for me it grew back but much thinner, Pantene Age Defy shampoo and conditioner have been life savers for me. My hair looks and feels great. I stop using it occasionally but I always come back.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2014 8:02:00 AM More reviews by Katt78

I bought this with the conditioner after seeing a advert in a magazine. My long hair has been getting drier and drier over the last year or so and seemed to be lacking the volume it has always had., i have spent a fortune lately on high end shampoos and conditioners so the price seemed very reasonable too. The first time i used this with the conditioner my hair felt amazing thick shiny and soft i was over the moon, however within 2 weeks of washing every other day my hair was a mess, it felt drier than ever and had a sticky thick residue i could, nt even get a brush through it, it was a disgusting mess.. Looking at the ingredients there is a lot of sillicone in both the conditioner and shampoo i will defienetly not be buying again and have gone back to my usual kerastase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Dianeeoh

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have fine, limp hair & to make matter worse, it's started to thin on top. I have been using this product for about 6 months now and love it. When I started, I was about 5 months into a perm so I have to say I really didn't see a huge difference. BUT... two weeks ago I ran out of the shampoo & conditioner. I live in a small town and can't get the products in our local drug store. So I started using one of my old brands again & ended up with 2 weeks of bad hair days. This is when I realized just how well my hair had been responding to the Age Defy Shampoo collection. The bottom line is, with this product, I don't need a perm or a curling iron to get the volume I want. I blow dry it with a round brush and my hair is shiny, and manageable. I will continue to use these products (shampoo, conditioner, thickening treatment)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this and almost did not try it because I have always had trouble with Pantene. I decided to try it after I read that it fights the 7 signs of aging. I wish I would have skipped this. After just one use I was disgusted with this and the conditioner. This scent is kind of icky. The product is creamy and that was not a problem. The problem is how this affected my hair. Right in the shower I was left with tangly hair that even though it was wet it felt really dry. This was a pain to comb through my hair and I was so frizzy as this started to dry. The next day I was left with really frizzy, oily scalp, and dry ends hair. This is one to skip. At this price you are better off going for a salon product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by mimieux7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wasn't expecting much. I have super dry, thinning "Thyroid hair"... I've tried soooo many products and my hair still feels like straw because of my medical issues with my thyroid. That being said, this leaves my hair feeling softer and feels gentle on my hay-like uber thin hair. I also seem to have way less shedding when I use this compared to my expensive shampoos made for thinning hair. Only minus is the price and it has sulfates. Other than that, I like this and the conditioner.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo, along with the conditioner and treatment is without a doubt the WORST I've ever used. I have thin, fine hair that with the RIGHT shampoo/cond I can make more voluminous and bouncy. This crap makes my hair flat, filthy looking and dull, and that's right after a shampoo! The second day is hideous (ponytail and hat). Save your money, this line is awful..

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by CindyAnn67

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As I said about the conditioner, AMAZING! I would recommend this product to anyone needing a real hair boost, especially over 35!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by barnycat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The advertising hit all the right notes for my hair. Aging, dry, frizzy, and light greying. I used most of the bottle with no real benefit to my middle aged hair. Pros-it feels good while you are washing and rinsing. Cons-no change to frizziness, dryness, or breakage upon drying. Also, this is expensive for a drug store shampoo. I wouldn't recommend this and I certainly would not repurchase. Disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by springlow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this product as it was promoted as helping correct issues I have with my hair, namely frizz, flyaway and some gray that's very dry and wiry. I have now used the product for several weeks and am not impressed with it, as it hasn't helped correct any of the issues named above. In fact, I've noticed no difference between this product and any other Pantene shampoos I previously used, except for one and that is the cost! This one is twice as expensive as the others, yet does nothing to merit the higher cost. On the plus side, it does have a nice fragrance and rinses out clean. I find the bottle less practical than a tube, but this isn't a big deal. Overall, I give it a neutral rating as it hasn't made my hair worse, but it certainly hasn't improved it.

I should mention I've used the conditioner along with the shampoo, so my above comments are based upon several weeks usage of both.