December 20, 2014 | 1284 users online

Hair Treatments - Pantene - Expert Collection Age Defy Advanced Thickening Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by SummerDay89

This is a great alternative to salon products. I found it to work very well at conditioning, and for a substantially less price than salon brands. No product out there will fix everything, but it is a good conditioner. Did not weigh hair down or feel greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by kfryan

Wow! I just used this for the first time and I know why they call it "Age Defy". I have always had straight, silky fine hair with little body. I get regular highlights to try to create some fullness, but as I've gotten older my hair, while still on the oily side, has begun to dry out and look and feel "lifeless". I used this product today and,not only did it give my roots some lift (and I'm 2 months post-highlights so that's quite a feat), but my hair feels bouncy, thicker and full of life. I've used every imaginable root lift, volumizer, bodifying spray and this one takes the cake.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by rosarita

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff has changed my life which is a pretty dramatic statement but my hair - I expected gray hair by my fifties, not to lose hair, and mine has to be cut & styled just so to cover my head. I read about this Pantene treatment in Allure mag. I use it right at the roots on the crown of my head, where it's the thinnest, then use some volumizing mousse all over. My hair looks and feels thicker and styles beautifully, better than it has in years. It's pricy, especially for a drugstore product, but for me it's worth it. Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Gabriela11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am using this product a week ago and I have my hair thicker and it has more volume. on the product label says that the maximum thickness at 14 days is achieved, so I keep using to see how it goes. the disadvantages are: the price, and I must remember to use it every day!! but I love it..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a deluxe sample of this product in an Ulta gift bag. I have fine, limp, color-treated hair and was hoping this would save me. Unfortunately, it did nothing for my hair other than feel product-y. No volume or softness. Maybe it would work better for thicker hair? I got a third of the way thru the bottle and realized this wasn't doing anything for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by justilou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

OMG! So glad I only bought the trial pack. Massive allergic reaction! Made my scalp blister and scab. In the bin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 2:18:00 AM More reviews by rachelkinser424

This product promises to not only make your hair look and feel fuller and thicker, but to actually make it that way. I have used the product for almost a week now and I can truly say that it delivers. My hair has been starting to weaken, break and thin for a few years now. After almost a week, my hair is more voluminous and stands up straighter on my head. It feels plush and look even plusher! Also, the product delivers on the promise that your brush will have less hair in it. I usually lose 10-20 hairs every time I shower and a brush full more later. Today, I only lost about 4-6 hairs in the shower and hardly any in my brush! One thing I am disappointed in is the cost of the product for how little you get. I bought a three-pack with the AgeDefy shampoo, conditioner and serum. I usually always go light on shampoo and conditioner, so I still have plenty left, but I am almost out of the serum. I followed the instructions carefully, so it does bother me that I will have to buy more so soon. Otherwise, it is a great product and a definite buy if you don't mind dropping a little extra coin.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by cookie4270

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

OMG- this was the worst experience ever. I used this on my fine highlighted hair to add volume. It looked great, fluffy, full- I was very pleased and then- wham! It started to burn- not itch but BURN. Everywhere I had put it on top of my head above my ears. I waited an hour hoping it would go away because it looked good. No way. Just got worse. Finally I rinsed it in cold water- over and over again. Still burning. So I got my aloe plant and put some gel on my scalp. A little better but still burning. Went to the pharmacy the next day to look for a treatment or something and they advised me to take an allergy pill which I did. 12 hours later the burning finally stopped. Please note- I have never been allergic before to any hair product. I have used ones with caffeine and alcohol before. The pharmacy said that a lot of people have problems with Pantene because there are so many chemicals in it. Please be forewarned.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by beckyloo123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product was such a disappointment. Thank goodness I only got the trial size bottle! My hair is fine, limp and prone to greasiness and this product really didn't deliver what I expect

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by twilightbloom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was no difference in my hair after using this for several months. It's just an expensive root lifter. After awhile the bottle seems to clog up and the product is hard to get out. I won't waste my money again.