November 23, 2014 | 2004 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Re-Nutriv Intensive Lifting Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After my regular foundation from La-Prairie changed colors on me, I was in search for the perfect replacement. This one came close, but alas, no color match. Everything, except for the lightest shade is pink/peach in tone. The lightest shade is a close match, but it's a tad too light for me. I'm not fair complected, so those who are, will not find a match either. If you can find a color match this is a beautiful foundation, that makes your skin almost ethereal. A bit heavy in the scent department, but the coverage and wear is perfect for those who have a little something to hide, need more moisture, or just want that perfected skin look. Staying power is decent and it still looked really good by the end of the day, even though I wasn't wearing the right color.

For reference, I use Marc Jacobs Sculpting Foundation Brush No. 2 for application.

Update: I finally found a color match, after revisiting the makeup counter and asking for a sample to take home, and it's the lightest shade. I'm not fair skinned, so this baffles me. Added a lippie because I can actually wear this foundation, sads for those who don't find a color match.

This is a medium coverage, buildable foundation that has a nice luminescent quality without looking too shiny or sheer. It makes my skin look natural and healthy, but still covers well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

This might be my favorite foundation ever. I never would have purchased this myself -- I'm a recent college graduate that does not have $80 to shell out on foundation. But my grandma had purchased this and ended up not liking it, so she gave it to me to try. And I love this stuff! I really wasn't expecting this to be so amazing, especially since it isn't exactly marketed towards people my age (21). But this foundation is seriously awesome.
This comes in a jar with a little spatula to scoop the foundation out with. I don't love the packaging, but it was never too much of a hassle to work with. This stuff is really thick and has a pudding-like consistency. You really don't need very much to cover your whole face. If you over-apply this, it can be a little cakey and greasy-looking, so use this sparingly! When you use the right amount, this will cover any and all imperfections and give your skin a beautiful glow. The coverage of this foundation is the best part, in my opinion. I have never needed to use a concealer for any reason when wearing this.
This wears well all day, even if I don't set it with a powder. It can feel a little thick and sticky right after applying, but once it sets, this foundation will last all day long.
I've used up the jar I received, and I'm actually really bummed because I know I won't be able to purchase this myself anytime soon. It's just way too expensive. But the results are so beautiful! This is definitely going on my birthday list. :) If you have money to blow and you want a creamy, full-coverage foundation that will last all day and make you look gorgeous and glowy, check this out!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sheer to natural coverage, good for dry skin or normal. Doesn't feel heavy. Not many shade choices. Doesn't accentuate fine lines but it doesn't help out with large pores either. Do not like the smell! Somehow they put perfume in foundation so it's not good for acne or sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by aspotten

I really hate to disagree with Janet 1028 about this not being for younger women under 45ish. I am 35 and this is the only foundation that works for my skin. Yes there may be tons of foundations out there for younger women, but I too have slight rosacea on the sides of my cheeks and I was not able to find a foundation that would adhere to this slick, different texture on my skin. Most foundations would just slide off and the more makeup I tried to apply to cover this area it would look cakey and blotchy. And I am dry and have rough texture on my cheeks that when applied foundation looks so dry and flakey. No foundation has ever gone on smooth on my cheeks even with primer. Some foundations would go on smooth at first, but within a few hours my skin on the cheeks would soak up any moisture from the product and again look dry and flakey. I am a makeup nut and had been on a quest for my perfect foundation since I noticed this problem when I was 20 years old. I had purchased the Estee Lauder Double Wear wanting a foundation that stayed on all day. That is when I first noticed the problem with my cheeks and I was only 20. I don't think the Re-Nutriv was available back then. Perhaps it was, but I was first introducted to it a few winters ago by a young women at the Estee Lauder Counter who said her grandmother swore by it. At that point I was willing to try anything. She gave me a sample and I went home to try it thinking it too would be like any other foundation I had tried. But I was wrong. It went on smoothly (perhaps it did because it is a gel based product) and ahered to those dry, rough, red spots on my cheeks without sliding off. My skin looked flawless. I had tried heavy cream foundations and moisturizing liquid foundations. Nothing has ever worked like this foundation. I also love the Re-Nutriv Powder. Don't be afraid to try this product. Like I said I got a sample of it so I didn't have to invest if I didn't like it. I always ask for sample when trying products if I can get them. This product moisturizes and keeps my skin looking flawless. If you were like me trying to find the perfect foundation don't be afraid to look outside the box like I did. Even though I don't need any lifting and firming as of right now this foundation was just what I had been looking for.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2010 12:04:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm 54 and I have fine lines, rosacea, and combination skin which makes finding and wearing a foundation for any length of time other than, say, a night out, a nightmare! And like most women my age who wear cosmetics, I have tried. them. all. Or at least it feels like I have. I read the reviews by Paula Begoun and other sites (and of course, MUA!) and I think that I am well-educated in the pros and cons of cosmetics. I really like the Re-Nutriv serums and I thought I'd try the foundation. I set out to but the liquid but through SA error, I got the cream. And WOW! I'm glad I did. Where a cream compact foundation would settle into my lines in a matter of minutes and a liquid would not provide heavy enough coverage and look flakey around my nose and cheeks, this product goes on like...air brushing? My skin looks perfect, PERFECT! And best of all, it stays that way for the length of the application. The color choice is limited. Normally, I would choose a "C" or "N" in Estee Lauder Foundations, and this only comes in "W" for fair skins (Beech) but it blends out and the very slight yellow base neutralizes my rosacea. It even wears very well over my oily nose and forehead. Apply with a high quality sponge, not a brush. (A good sponge is included.) All of that being said, I do not believe that this is an appropriate foundation for young women (under 45-ish) even if they have dry skin. Anyway, there are tons of foundations out there for you. This is really appropriate for women who have lines and the crazy/combo skin that comes along with menopause and who feel that cannot wear any foundation because their facial skin has multiple issues.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 3:17:00 AM More reviews by Catloveschanel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this in the summer. I Found it again reorganizing things.

Shade: (1W1) I think it was too light in the summer. (I was nw25 in summer.) Now in the middle of winter it is a perfect match for my pale skin. It didn't make my pores look big, (but I had Smashbox Apricot Primer on underneath.)
Blendability: Fine. I dabbed 4 dabs on forehead, cheeks and nose, then very quickly used the makeup brush upwards.
Pores look big? No

Coverage: Very good coverage, not a lightweight.

Wearability: It lasted through dinner and about 5 hours of dancing to George Clinton. (I'm oily skinned).

Difficult to take off.

Lift: They claim it "lifts", which it just may, as I thought my skin looked better after I removed it, is very odd as it was a very long evening.

Breakouts? no

EDIT: Not as good without a primer, and does not do well when I was in a rush.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2007 6:46:00 PM More reviews by tracey_fox

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this foundation, especially since I'm getting a bit older and my skin is starting to dry out a bit. I still have oily/acne prone skin, but it is not quite as bad as in years past. The only gripes I really have is about the packaging, it is a bit clumsy to use at times and would have been better in a tube or pump, but it's not a deal-breaker. The coverage is good, and the texture is great! I agree with past reviewers that it does need to be applied sparingly and blended well. The jar may be expensive, but I wear this every day and it will probably last me a year or more since so little is actually needed to cover my whole face. I would buy this again, even given the price. It has not irritated my acne-prone skin at all after three weeks of daily wear. I took off one lippie from the overall rating due to the packaging.
EDIT: A note about the Intensive Smoothing loose powder in the Re-Nutriv line, in case you are looking to get it as a set (I would add a review, but I don't have the rights yet)... The texture of the powder is ok, nothing special. I much prefer the AeroMatte pressed powder's incredible texture, or Paula's Choice loose powder. A warning to those with warm complexions, the Intensive Smoothing loose powder is WAY too pink. I ordered it in light per the live chat customer service rep's recommendation. It is almost the color of a blush compared to my other warm powders, and made me look like I had a bit of a sunburn.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2006 7:55:00 PM More reviews by dori0000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried them all, even all the mineral powders. THIS IS THE BEST. I have finally reached the end of a very long search. I just got the Re-Nutriv pressed powder, and WOW. Best compact I have ever tried too. THe powder does not settle in fine lines, keeps me looking fresh all day, and , I do not even need to tuch up my makeup all day long.

I have moved on, the color never seamed right.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2006 10:38:00 AM More reviews by hepgal13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been testing this for approximately a week and so far, I love the look. I agree that it needs NO moisturizer underneath it, just an eye cream and concealer and you're ready to roll! The finish is beautiful, but it must be applied sparingly, and blended blended blended, but when you do, it disappears into the skin and throws you into a beautiful soft focus lovliness that Susan Luci and Barbara Walters would be envious of! As rich as it is, it hasn't caused even the tiniest flair up of acne, and doesn't settle into fine lines. Of course, it has the problem all Lauder foundations have of not having a good option for fair skin (minus one lippie for that), but at this point I am self tanning just to be able to match this color well enough to continue using it until my bout of extreme dryness is over.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2005 4:09:00 PM More reviews by timic2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really like this foundation. This is for dry skin. The secret I learned is NOT to use moisturizer before applying this product. The product works as a foundation AS WELL as a creamy moisturizer. If you use a moisturizer in conjunction with this then you will look oily. Also, I've found that applying a SMALL amount of this with a foundation brush will give you a wonderful finish. A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY!!!! The coverage I would say is medium to heavy. For $65 you will get enough to last a LONG, LONG time. Try buying some cheap plastic contact lense travel cases to carry some foundation in your purse so you can leave the large jar at home.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No