April 21, 2014 | 1306 users online

Powder - Lumene - Touch of Radiance Matte Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by ninnu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using Lumene's powder foundations for 10+ years. They have changed the name and packaging many times, but the formula has always been pretty much the same. Lumene has great choices for fair skinned, the lightest shade is lighter than MAC's NC15.

The staying power is good and the coverage is medium. The finish is matte, but never chalky. I use kabuki brush to apply, as it is faster than using sponge.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by popstyle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

As a powder foundation this is pretty useless, it made my skin look very dry and uneven with only a tiny bit of it, the sponge that comes in this is really hard and the packaging is quite boring. It is handy for touch ups on very long days since it covers a bit more than normal powder but I won't be using this for anything else.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 7:09:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Here's something Lumene got right! This is an excellent, light powder foundation that goes on like a dream with a large brush. Gives only a hint of coverage, leaves skin nicely matt, and never chalky. Doesn’t keep me matte for ages, so I need to re-apply or use blotting paper later on. But it works just fine for everyday office wear.

However, I’ve learnt not to get too excited with Lumene. Renewing and re-launching is something they do faster than any other cosmetics brand on the market. Every time I find a product that I love, they soon replace it with a “newer and more innovative” (read: worse for me) product.